why we really need better ping

crossmetz

1 hour ago, Taemek said:

A lot of Oceanic players cant get past Floor 5 on Mushins tower because of it.

Please don't take this as an insult/attack/rude, but the fact is, there are TW/CN/KR/JP that is much closer and does provide better ping for those players then NA/EU can ever will.  If anything, this is an issue that NCS KR needs to address with their closest region. What KR may need to do, is take NA's version and place a server up in the nearest region for Oceanic players. But this needs to be maint by that region since it is on their network.

17 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Please don't take this as an insult/attack/rude, but the fact is, there are TW/CN/KR/JP that is much closer and does provide better ping for those players then NA/EU can ever will.  If anything, this is an issue that NCS KR needs to address with their closest region. What KR may need to do, is take NA's version and place a server up in the nearest region for Oceanic players. But this needs to be maint by that region since it is on their network.

Please don't reply to things you know nothing about.

We have better pings and stable connections to NA then we do to those places you mentioned for reasons that are out of our control, like governance filtering for one.

That is why when we connect to say CN we get 400 - 600ms, where when we connect to NA we get from 150 - 230ms.

Not sure where you got your information, but its grossly wrong.

I heard it's because they have the servers for NA in Texas. Seems way too far away to have a centralized server.... it would have been better to do west and east or possibly have a central one in the midwest somewhere.

2 hours ago, Taemek said:

Please don't reply to things you know nothing about.

We have better pings and stable connections to NA then we do to those places you mentioned for reasons that are out of our control, like governance filtering for one.

That is why when we connect to say CN we get 400 - 600ms, where when we connect to NA we get from 150 - 230ms.

Not sure where you got your information, but its grossly wrong.

"We", as in you, or "we", as a collective set of data of hundreds of players?

You are <3 hrs by flight to to CN, and you get 400-600ms. To me that sounds like something is seriously not right with your internet. I am 15 hrs away, yet I get ~280-325ms and <200 to KR/TW. What is your ping to TW/KR?

TX is 4 hrs away from me by flight, and I get ~65ms, and if you can get 150ms~230ms ping to NA, then you should get at least within the 50~100ms range to serves that are only 3-6 hrs away from you.

What the *cricket* this is exactly what happens to me... so it's a ping problem -_-

I happen to attack like the video on the right side, *cricket*ing hell it's annoying as *cricket*, especially when you do mushin (I reached floor 7 of mushin anyway, but still, speed is an essential key for blade master in pve).

Edit : to what country do I have to calculate my internet to check ping ?

9 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

"We", as in you, or "we", as a collective set of data of hundreds of players?

You are <3 hrs by flight to to CN, and you get 400-600ms. To me that sounds like something is seriously not right with your internet. I am 15 hrs away, yet I get ~280-325ms and <200 to KR/TW. What is your ping to TW/KR?

TX is 4 hrs away from me by flight, and I get ~65ms, and if you can get 150ms~230ms ping to NA, then you should get at least within the 50~100ms range to serves that are only 3-6 hrs away from you.

The issue is due to routing.

Most, and I'm talking around 75%+ of the oceanic region doesn't route directly to Korea/China/Taiwan/Etc. Routing from say, Australia to China is generally expensive (or so it would seem) so almost every single connection in the oceanic region to those locations is routing through Europe or America. Meaning an almost entire world trip for a short hop skip and jump connection.

Most Americans get lower ping and more stable connections to Korea/China/Taiwan/Etc than people in the oceanic region because of this. Pretty much anyone in the Oceanic region that wants to connect to one of those servers has to use a VPN, and most VPN's don't have great Oceania-(Insert one of those locations here) routes, so the connections are either still high ping, have massive packet loss, ping spikes or are just generally unstable.

I know for a fact, after some investigation, only ONE out of a dozen ISP's available in the QLD region of Australia actually have short routing to China, the rest of the ISP's all route through far away locations so they can get the connections to insert previous location here on the cheap, instead of having to shell out a massive buck for the actually good lines between here and said locations.

Effectively imagine if, in order for you to connect to Texas, you had to route through Australia, because there were no stable lines that your local ISP's had access to for public use.

That's what it's like here. It's not that there aren't any lines to get their with minimal issue, but you probably wont ever get on one of them as a public citizen unless you have access to some sort of business line with your ISP.

Archived