Forums

what happened with destro

Zakard

before the patch i was able to reach 1700+ easyli and the only class that i really had trouble with was blade dancer and KFM,now im not even able to reach 1600 and blade dancer is fking broken, i dont even have a single chance again them, they have INSANE controle, they escape everything and do crazy dmg...they can literaly do 75% of my hp in 1 combo.....

KFM still strong but able to beat some (pro one can stun lock non stop and keep 100% hp and counter every single attack)

summoner i lose 75% of the time

assassin went from 100% win to 50-50

FM seem 50-50 also

blade master wasnt to bad before and now i lose most of the time unless i fight really bad one.(block block block block BLOCK and yes, BLOCK)

overall, every class seem LOT stronger then before.im siting at 20 win 23 lose atm and it really start to *cricket* me off.i was enjoying arena before the patch since most class seemed balanced but currently the balance seem ridiculous.

This is because due to additional skill points from hongmoon levels.

Other classes now can put skillpoints to good use. Or rather better use than destroyers.

It's not that much of a big deal but other classes should have more chances to beat destroyers than before the patch.

personaly i have easier time again sin then BM. BM hit like a truck and can do insane combo when they know how to play.

sin run a lot and hide all the time but they dont seem to combo that much, you have to play very defencivly again them and when you have an opening, you pop fury and stun lock and finish him after. if i dont kill them, we usualy run out of time and they end up wining because of is overall dmg wich is so damn frustating....you just have to burst him and dont miss that oportunity or he will just hide and wait for the fking timer....

for summoner, good one can be incredibly hard, if they stun lock you and sunflower, they will melt your face but you can do the same if you can catch him. you can literaly 100-0 in a fury combo if you can keep him stun.if you miss your fury burst, play it defencivly and keep your distance until your stun,daze,KD come back.

6 hours ago, PsychoticFlamez said:

Destroyer becomes god tier at level 50 just wait till content is caught up, people are gunna complain like crazy.

LoL what was that video supposed to prove? that destro is just as weak in lvl 50 as it is now? because that's what i saw. He got lucky as *cricket* against that KFM!

On 2/12/2016 at 1:11 AM, Zakard said:

before the patch i was able to reach 1700+ easyli and the only class that i really had trouble with was blade dancer and KFM,now im not even able to reach 1600 and blade dancer is fking broken, i dont even have a single chance again them, they have INSANE controle, they escape everything and do crazy dmg...they can literaly do 75% of my hp in 1 combo.....

KFM still strong but able to beat some (pro one can stun lock non stop and keep 100% hp and counter every single attack)

summoner i lose 75% of the time

assassin went from 100% win to 50-50

FM seem 50-50 also

blade master wasnt to bad before and now i lose most of the time unless i fight really bad one.(block block block block BLOCK and yes, BLOCK)

overall, every class seem LOT stronger then before.im siting at 20 win 23 lose atm and it really start to *cricket* me off.i was enjoying arena before the patch since most class seemed balanced but currently the balance seem ridiculous.

Previously you probably got gold fighting chars that weren't level capped and had not really pvp'd. A higher % of people are capped and have experience under their belt. I managed to hit 1600+ on my level 20 destroyer and was hovering around 1750 on 45 BM. With the season start my BM is struggling at 1600 and I wouldn't dare take a 20 destroyer to arena.

tl:dr More capped players and everyone is generally more experienced now.

9 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

Previously you probably got gold fighting chars that weren't level capped and had not really pvp'd. A higher % of people are capped and have experience under their belt. I managed to hit 1600+ on my level 20 destroyer and was hovering around 1750 on 45 BM. With the season start my BM is struggling at 1600 and I wouldn't dare take a 20 destroyer to arena.

tl:dr More capped players and everyone is generally more experienced now.

yea probably.i was fighting ppl my lvl or a bit higther before the patch and i could win again similar lvl or a bit higther but lvl 45 was wining all the time (i was about lvl 30-35). now, im 42 (when i started this post i was 38) and everyone i fight is 45 hm1,i havent seen a single lower then 45. this might be the problem but i still doubt a few skill point make a whole lot of difference. many didnt know their class well also and now, they do so the difficulty have changed a lot. we can easyli see it just by fighting different person and some i can totaly rekt them and other rekt me really really badly so.....skill make a HUDGE difference.

i still feel like few class have received a good buff with the last patch and destroyer didnt, we even got a nerf from what i heard. we was suposed to get a cleave dmg increase but we didnt. the buff we are suposed to get is from a futur patch it seem.

overall, yes its a matter of skill mostly but those small class buff made it much more difficult for destro

1 minute ago, Zakard said:

yea probably.i was fighting ppl my lvl or a bit higther before the patch and i could win again similar lvl or a bit higther but lvl 45 was wining all the time (i was about lvl 30-35). now, im 42 (when i started this post i was 38) and everyone i fight is 45 hm1,i havent seen a single lower then 45. this might be the problem but i still doubt a few skill point make a whole lot of difference. many didnt know their class well also and now, they do so the difficulty have changed a lot. we can easyli see it just by fighting different person and some i can totaly rekt them and other rekt me really really badly so.....skill make a HUDGE difference.

i still feel like few class have received a good buff with the last patch and destroyer didnt, we even got a nerf from what i heard. we was suposed to get a cleave dmg increase but we didnt. the buff we are suposed to get is from a futur patch it seem.

overall, yes its a matter of skill mostly but those small class buff made it much more difficult for destro

The 5 extra points is major on some classes. My BM is drastically better because of it. For some classes that can easily be 2-3 abilities they didn't have before.

It will be nice as well on destroyer when I get to that point. I hit 44 and 1700ish yesterday on mine.

To throw an alternate explanation out there: It could be a change in the player base too. I think a lot of people's ELO's were disproportionately high before the reset and so most active PvPers were gold+ easily. This seems like an odd explanation since ELO systems are supposed to be a zero-sum game, but in practice it is not since many inexperienced players will play a few games, lose, land below the starting 1300, and then never play PvP again. After the reset, probably only relatively active PvPers were fighting the way up again and so gold might still be, say top 20%, but now it's 20% of active PvPers not all players who have tried a little PvP.

Archived