Abuse of pvp clothes.

SmilingMonster

Yes you can hit 3 to get out of it but I would like a system put in place where you are immune to damage until you move after you respawn. Had one guy that was picking on lower levels last night that I was starting to destroy but if I ever died and decided to hit 4 I would come back with 1/3 hp, annoyingly if i hit 3 I still come back with 1/3 hp and have to use a dumpling. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Mishi said:

...doing things as a soldier...

As somebody before me already noted, if you as a soldier act unmorally you get judged even harsher than regular civilian by martial court. And that actually stands for killing somebody like that. But I agree to not mix real life and fantasy worlds.

You can never compare getting 2 soulstones per day from one dungeon daily to getting 17 or something from all PvP quests that DO NOT INCLUDE the one to kill players. Obviously that is the one that people like me (PvE players) will ignore. And you know, it wouldn't really bother me even that much if people behaved mature, but when you see them just brag about how you didn't even defend yourself and how you are obviously a noob and they would t-bag you if such emote was in this game, then you can't really be suprised that people call for a rethink or different options. Not to mention that for some people this is not just a game. It is actually a story of a character. And if that character just gets killed over and over, well any immersion or storytelling goes right down the drain. (And not everyone can do dailies at 5AM in the morning when pvp kids sleep, and the cooldown on channel changing makes it sometimes really hard to find channel where you can do the quests peacefuly.)

On 2/12/2016 at 9:44 PM, Robey said:

My only big problem is how rude people are, they have no chivalry can can't be a good sport. They res you only to kill you again. Which ruins my game play because when I res people I intend to do it to be nice for killing them. But people don't trust you and respawn somewhere else. Spawn camping is annoying but yeah you can take off your costume and switch channels. 

On 2/12/2016 at 9:50 PM, Rief said:

It's how MMORPG is. I remember an article on ultima online, a long long time ago. They started allowing PVP and suddenly Murder and Robbery become much more common in the game. It's a reflection on how a world without law is, majority of human is not noble kind hearted people. People will do cruel things if there are no repercussion. Sometime even not in the name of greed or hate or any type of reason. Simply, because it's fun.

On 2/12/2016 at 10:09 PM, tcodex1 said:

While I understand the concept behind the whole faction clothing and what not but seriously people just because someone is wearing a Faction Clothing does not mean that they are waving a sign or advertising to "KILL ME PLEASE" or "GO AHEAD PK ME". Perhaps the faction clothing looks hip and cool and players want to wear them while doing regular missions. Ever thought about that? Of course not, you automatically think "Oh this player has a faction suit on, I wanna get some prestige points so lets go kill them". 

While I understand that tutorials, NPC's, and that there is a warning in "RED LETTERS" warning you that other players wearing opposing faction clothes may kill you, how about have some respect and leave them be. It ain't just always about PVP. Perhaps the respectful thing to do is do "ASK" ever think about that? Its called asking okay?

-2cents. 

what you people fail to understand is that while you're roleplaying how to be honorable knights who dont attack enemies with their back turned or when they have lost their advantage...or dont attack females or what ever it is you're roleplaying, remember this is an mmo and there are also people who are roleplaying how to be scumbags who take any and every opportunity possible to cause mayhem. neither is right and neither is wrong but bringing real world principles into the matter in an attempt to discredit the opposing view is basically the same as believing people in different countries follow your laws. while some are similar they are not the same.

I've played mmo's for a long time and i've followed one rule. if i see red, i kill it. now if its a low level i'll say sorry(or not depends on mood) and move on. if its a higher level, i'll hang around and kill it more. why? because its fun for me. if i waited to only fight people who want to fight me then i'd always lose because lets face it, people(mostly) only want to fight when they have the advantage whether its in gear or perhaps they see me in a weakened state (fighting another enemy), etc etc.

One thing that really bothers me is that, there's a faction outfit that looks really beautiful but guess what I can't wear it because pvp flag and that frustrates me so much. I mean if I could color my outfits then it wouldn't bother me because I'd just wear something else but it's like the only one I like :(

2 minutes ago, codeaxis said:

One thing that really bothers me is that, there's a faction outfit that looks really beautiful but guess what I can't wear it because pvp flag and that frustrates me so much. I mean if I could color my outfits then it wouldn't bother me because I'd just wear something else but it's like the only one I like :(

if you owned an organization or if you were a member of an organization, would you like seeing people running around with your colors on that didnt care about your group at all? if you like it so much then wear the outfit and be ready to deal with the implications, if you do not, then dont. i'd be irritated to see faction members in faction outfits not contributing at all(if faction outfit pvp was ever optional) simply because they joined the faction for fashion. if that were to ever happen then the faction with the best looking outfits would always lose every single conflict/encounter because it would be filled with pacifists who joined for nothing but the outfit

4 minutes ago, moogie said:

if you owned an organization or if you were a member of an organization, would you like seeing people running around with your colors on that didnt care about your group at all? if you like it so much then wear the outfit and be ready to deal with the implications, if you do not, then dont. i'd be irritated to see faction members in faction outfits not contributing at all(if faction outfit pvp was ever optional) simply because they joined the faction for fashion. if that were to ever happen then the faction with the best looking outfits would always lose every single conflict/encounter because it would be filled with pacifists who joined for nothing but the outfit

I would argue to that , that the game is forcing pacifists to join factions anyway, because you can't progress with the story without choosing the faction (chapter 17 or 18 I think). When I started playing the day of the release I didn't feel like I had enough information to actually even join any faction and then I ran into this wall where I just had to choose. If it was up to me and there was a way to gain soulstones without faction quests (not counting those pathetic 2 stones from ToE) and progress story without it, I wouldn't have faction till this day (and I don't think I would be the only person, so your argument is invalid even right at this moment).

26 minutes ago, Civic26 said:

I would argue to that , that the game is forcing pacifists to join factions anyway, because you can't progress with the story without choosing the faction (chapter 17 or 18 I think). When I started playing the day of the release I didn't feel like I had enough information to actually even join any faction and then I ran into this wall where I just had to choose. If it was up to me and there was a way to gain soulstones without faction quests (not counting those pathetic 2 stones from ToE) and progress story without it, I wouldn't have faction till this day (and I don't think I would be the only person, so your argument is invalid even right at this moment).

while it does force you to choose factions it does not force you to wear the faction cloths. there is only 1 quest(side quest) in this game to my knowledge that forces you to wear a faction outfit(aside from the faction dailies ofcourse). my arguement was simple. people with faction outfits equiped but not flagged for faction pvp would be detrimental to the faction with the best looking outfits. not to mention it would break blackwyrm/ogre fights. being forced to pick a faction is not the same as being forced to wear the faction outfits. This game is a pvp game at its roots, an option like that would most likely harm the pvp aspect of the game aside from arena.

tl;dr - you were forced to pick a faction not wear the outfit. soulstones are rewarded for quests which are meant(imo) to instigate conflicts between the opposing factions hence the blackwyrm/player kill quests.

-------------------
tl:dr version: If you support/excuse/justify a lvl 45 being able to go back in earlier maps to PK and spawnkill lower level players, just admit you find it "fun" because of the Dbag that you are as well. Don't hide behind some BS about simulated grittiness of war like scenarios because, 1) this is in fact a game that should be enjoyable on a family level where players of all ages should not be subjected to deliberate stress from malicious abuse of the leveling system, and 2) real war-like environments would be the last place hardcore weabs, neckbeards, and MMO gamers in general would excel in, so stop talking like you know $#!t about the hardships of war.

494e4a9be8f7c6eae29796dd53c3d944.jpg
-------------------

What's most frustrating about this topic/thread, besides reading the usual response from would-be experts of war analogies and their pretentious attempts at painting sheer douchebaggery as "fair game", is the simple fact that MANY players, both new to MMO and grandfathered, enjoy PvP for the actual challenge factor. One that absolutely disappears when we're dealing with the scenario of some very high level player going back into lower level maps for the specific goal of hunting lower level players who have absolutely no chance of winning. (In other MMOs, this often prevents players from being able to continue questing entirely because changing channels won't help when other Dbags trying to avoid fighting fellow level-capped Dbags are in the same area for the same purpose of abusing others). 

THAT is the abuse many players don't like but are often subjected to. And telling them to just deal with it because that's part of the "fun" just spells out how likely you are to be one of those said douchebag players.   

I personally like to put on my faction costumes so I can engage in the way PVP was meant to be in this game, as in players who are questing in specific map areas are expected to be leveling more or less at the same pace, therefore the combat between them, should they engage in faction uniforms, is actually challenging and fun due to it being Skill-based by nature since their difference in levels wouldn't be that significant. I'm even perfectly fine with group fights where you can sometimes find yourself against multiple opponents. Because that would still be perfectly understandable and can also be both intentional and unintentional. 

But the action of level 40+ players going into areas like Jadestone village and the likes specifically just to PK lvl 20's and below have no merit at all for the game, its general player base, or the actual game company. It is a clear display of abuse motivated by nothing but cowardly malice from individuals(bullies) with personality disorders who can rationalize such actions of repeatedly abusing others as pleasurable to them. **I know, I know... you're just "role playing" a scumbag, right? Go take something really hard, and shove it up you know where please.

As someone who is just going through my first run of Blade & Soul, I can say that while you do get the warning popups when putting on your faction uniform(s), there is NO effort made to teach/warn new players about being Spawn-Killed OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Because I am fairly certain, not even most, but EVERY ONE OF YOU has had to go through at least a few times of pressing 1 or 4 before you suddenly noticed that magic escape #3. Of course the amount of stress you'll experience from that amount of time can vary on person to person, but it's not irrational to ask the developers to take notice of that as well. 

My ideal solution to start with, and of course this applies to MMO PVP in general that currently still allows such abusive behaviors, would be to simply restrict players from being able to attack anyone several levels below them, UNLESS attacked first (probably by accident). That way, if for whatever imaginative reason a level 45 would have to go back to much earlier maps/areas, they can still participate if provoked. But after that first kill, they would no longer be able to just keep spawn killing newbies who haven't figured out the #3 yet, or just randomly causing grief by one-shotting a whole bunch of players in a village chatting up NPCs! 

Still wondering why this thread is alive.

It's Open World PvP. You like wearing the costume? Be prepared to fight.

Tired of getting killed? Take off the costume.

Getting hunted while doing dailies? Switch channels or go with a group.

Don't even see why this is "trying" to become an issue.

19 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Still wondering why this thread is alive.

It's Open World PvP. You like wearing the costume? Be prepared to fight.

Tired of getting killed? Take off the costume.

Getting hunted while doing dailies? Switch channels or go with a group.

Don't even see why this is "trying" to become an issue.

I decided when this thread should be close, not yours to come here an tell. Like it or not, We are trying to make a point here. Abuse in-game cant be tolerated, no matter what. Is good to see another grown up commentary -Eagle107-  ; sadly i just have to stop playing the game till the company do something about the unjustify kills. Hope they look at this thread sooner or later. 

I sometimes camp the at the dungeon room for red plebs running dungeons with their costume.

If everybody would do the same, probably we won't be having ppl doing pve in pvp clothes and same for those who gear the outfit in towns and stuff just because they think they look cool. You are flagged for PvP deal with it and use another costume or Press 3 after being killed, that's it.

11 minutes ago, SmilingMonster said:

I decided when this thread should be close, not yours to come here an tell. Like it or not, We are trying to make a point here. Abuse in-game cant be tolerated, no matter what. Is good to see another grown up commentary -Eagle107-  ; sadly i just have to stop playing the game till the company do something about the unjustify kills. Hope they look at this thread sooner or later. 

Killing people with pvp outfit is not abuse though it's the whole point of it. PvP outfit serve literally no other purpose than to kill other people with opposing outfit.

If you don't want to PvP and people killing you, wear something that is not for PvP.

On 2/13/2016 at 2:37 AM, Mishi said:

Yes some like to pk, some like a good fight, some will kill anything that moves, and others will allow all to live. It is a matter of WHO you come across.

There should be nothing which negates the basis of the fact you are doing quests for a FACTION at WAR, and while at war, doing things as a soldier, you have the option to complete tasks/missions as any soldier does, if killed you may surrender, and you can always do the quests a different time. 

In a culture as broken as this one, that dynamic fails on its own without a complex karma system to enforce it.  If people actually had to accept some form of risk in exchange for their evil behaviors, most of them would back down.  The few that don't would be kept under control by the PKKers.  It forces the system into an actual roleplay.  Our current situation is not a roleplay by any means.  It's just a visual demonstration of online harassment.

As it stands, the system does not work.  And as for your "do them later" comment, why don't you come on Mushin, join red, and tell me how that goes?  Daily quests make the problem significantly worse.  The entire server is blue.  Reds cannot do a thing, while blues have zero opposition and can just PvE all of their dailys.  This, of course, leads what few reds remain to just defect to blue and continue making the problem worse.  This is what happens with this kind of behavior.  PvP dies.  If players had a respect foe PvP etiquette from the beginning, the shift towards a single faction never would have started.  Back when factions were balanced, if the majority of players were content to just live and let live, dailys would have been simply completed on both sides, and everyone would be satisfied.  Instead, with the majority of players being douchebags for no reason, players on the slightly undersized red got fed up and switched so they would encounter less resistance.  This continued and snowballed out of control until we get to where we stand today.

what you people fail to understand is that while you're roleplaying how to be honorable knights who dont attack enemies with their back turned or when they have lost their advantage...or dont attack females or what ever it is you're roleplaying, remember this is an mmo and there are also people who are roleplaying how to be scumbags who take any and every opportunity possible to cause mayhem. neither is right and neither is wrong but bringing real world principles into the matter in an attempt to discredit the opposing view is basically the same as believing people in different countries follow your laws. while some are similar they are not the same.

I've played mmo's for a long time and i've followed one rule. if i see red, i kill it. now if its a low level i'll say sorry(or not depends on mood) and move on. if its a higher level, i'll hang around and kill it more. why? because its fun for me. if i waited to only fight people who want to fight me then i'd always lose because lets face it, people(mostly) only want to fight when they have the advantage whether its in gear or perhaps they see me in a weakened state (fighting another enemy), etc etc.

That works in some games, but not here in the current state.  When only a small percentage of players behave that way, they get labeled as PK scum and can be hunted down by PKK knights of justice.  The system balances out that way.  That only works if you have a mature playerbase who respects the desire to roleplay, or if you have a karma system that enforces penalties against evil acts and rewards for hunting evil down, to balance through players' willingness to accept those risks.

Right now we have neither.  The playerbase is entirely immature, with no enforcement of anything.  This leads to about 70% scum, which is a game-killing situation for everyone involved.  Scum on that level needs to be purged completely.  You shouldn't defend the current state.  If you have a serious desire to roleplay as evil, you should be just as disgusted with the swarm of kiddies tarnishing the system for you, killing PvP, chasing everyone away from it entirely.

Faction outfit = "Please kill me"

You wear it, you join world PvP, everything is fair play.

If you get killed by a high level player, unequip your PvP costume, wait and watch as he gets hunted down by a higher/equal level enemy.

This is how world PvP works, deal with it.

On 14.02.2016 г. at 11:25 AM, Eagle107 said:

-------------------
tl:dr version: If you support/excuse/justify a lvl 45 being able to go back in earlier maps to PK and spawnkill lower level players, just admit you find it "fun" because of the Dbag that you are as well. Don't hide behind some BS about simulated grittiness of war like scenarios because, 1) this is in fact a game that should be enjoyable on a family level where players of all ages should not be subjected to deliberate stress from malicious abuse of the leveling system, and 2) real war-like environments would be the last place hardcore weabs, neckbeards, and MMO gamers in general would excel in, so stop talking like you know $#!t about the hardships of war.

494e4a9be8f7c6eae29796dd53c3d944.jpg
-------------------

What's most frustrating about this topic/thread, besides reading the usual response from would-be experts of war analogies and their pretentious attempts at painting sheer douchebaggery as "fair game", is the simple fact that MANY players, both new to MMO and grandfathered, enjoy PvP for the actual challenge factor. One that absolutely disappears when we're dealing with the scenario of some very high level player going back into lower level maps for the specific goal of hunting lower level players who have absolutely no chance of winning. (In other MMOs, this often prevents players from being able to continue questing entirely because changing channels won't help when other Dbags trying to avoid fighting fellow level-capped Dbags are in the same area for the same purpose of abusing others). 

THAT is the abuse many players don't like but are often subjected to. And telling them to just deal with it because that's part of the "fun" just spells out how likely you are to be one of those said douchebag players.   

I personally like to put on my faction costumes so I can engage in the way PVP was meant to be in this game, as in players who are questing in specific map areas are expected to be leveling more or less at the same pace, therefore the combat between them, should they engage in faction uniforms, is actually challenging and fun due to it being Skill-based by nature since their difference in levels wouldn't be that significant. I'm even perfectly fine with group fights where you can sometimes find yourself against multiple opponents. Because that would still be perfectly understandable and can also be both intentional and unintentional. 

But the action of level 40+ players going into areas like Jadestone village and the likes specifically just to PK lvl 20's and below have no merit at all for the game, its general player base, or the actual game company. It is a clear display of abuse motivated by nothing but cowardly malice from individuals(bullies) with personality disorders who can rationalize such actions of repeatedly abusing others as pleasurable to them. **I know, I know... you're just "role playing" a scumbag, right? Go take something really hard, and shove it up you know where please.

As someone who is just going through my first run of Blade & Soul, I can say that while you do get the warning popups when putting on your faction uniform(s), there is NO effort made to teach/warn new players about being Spawn-Killed OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Because I am fairly certain, not even most, but EVERY ONE OF YOU has had to go through at least a few times of pressing 1 or 4 before you suddenly noticed that magic escape #3. Of course the amount of stress you'll experience from that amount of time can vary on person to person, but it's not irrational to ask the developers to take notice of that as well. 

My ideal solution to start with, and of course this applies to MMO PVP in general that currently still allows such abusive behaviors, would be to simply restrict players from being able to attack anyone several levels below them, UNLESS attacked first (probably by accident). That way, if for whatever imaginative reason a level 45 would have to go back to much earlier maps/areas, they can still participate if provoked. But after that first kill, they would no longer be able to just keep spawn killing newbies who haven't figured out the #3 yet, or just randomly causing grief by one-shotting a whole bunch of players in a village chatting up NPCs! 

nice wall of text lol

On 2/12/2016 at 11:44 AM, Callback said:

No it's not.  It's a reflection of how bad this playerbase is.  You don't see this kind of behavior on any of the Asian servers.  Players there have a little thing called dignity and self-respect.  They're not assholes for no reason.  The uniform doesn't mean "kill me", especially not in town or while running dailys.  It's supposed to just mean "I'm interested in a good fight."  And if you meet someone else wearing a uniform who is interested and a similar level to make it interesting, you can go at it.  Big groups from each faction wait on neutral ground for the other to show up looking for a fight.  They don't just go around slaughtering every lowbie and lone quester they can find for the sake of douchebaggery.

Not true, I played on the CN server back then (had a lvl 45 summoner).  I just finished my quest where Hajoon die and I was in Jadestone.  I was wearing the Bamboo guard outfit not knowing it'll flag me.  (There weren't notices in CN ver then.) I was killed in Jadestone right after reading Hajoon's letter, by a lvl 35.  IDK which Asian ver you played in, but on CN servers do that you will be killed.  They won't, though, necessarily try to res you and kill you again, but by wearing your faction colors they'll assume you're looking for a fight without regards to what lvl you are.

Over the weekend, I saw what the OP was referring to. A lvl45 kept 1 hitting a lvl22. Reviving them, and smacking them down again. This went on for quite awhile.

There should be some level restrictions so ganking doesn't get way out of hand.

I've only attacked 1 person in the city. I let him respawn. I didn't attack him again (poor sportsmanship there). I waited until he came at me, then I smacked him down again. He had a choice.  And we were the same level.

I wish the game had a system similar to AION where you became a target dot on the map, but implemented so only after killing too many players x # of levels below yourself. I had so much fun hunting lowbie killers that was probably my best PVP experience. Plus it works well for people who do want to become infamous, you wanna be a scumbag pvper then more power to you especially if you know the repercussions.

I don't think any sort of system will ever be added though.

Archived