what type of music do you play while on B&S?

Vanessa12

23 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

I usually watch cooking shows when I watch Netflix. >_________<

Omg noooo! Lol I get so hungry when watching cooking shows.

21 minutes ago, Hime said:

Great cartoon. I enjoyed watching it when I was younger, but it was actually a tad terrifying the things Courage imagined.

tumblr_neltcyfciS1sial0xo4_250.gif

Indeed it was. The only episode I found terrifying was the "King Ramsay" episode when they didn't return the slab.

12 minutes ago, Shunaia said:

Whenever I'm not listening to a classic rock, oldies, or 80's hair band or 80's metal playlist, I listen to synth-wave/synth-pop kind of stuff (gives kind of an 80's~90's movie and/or video game feel to my activities. My favorites right now are "Mitch Murder" (along with the "Kung Fury" OST), "Lost Years", "Kavinsky" (He did music for the movie, "Drive".), "Carpenter Brut", and my new favorite playlist, "timecop1983". Just had his album, "Journeys" on repeat, just about all day today, farming Pinchy and Golden Deva for their ever-elusive hats.^^;

Wow I'm just going to listen to you selected song choices now lol. Seriously. I am.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincerely hope you enjoy them. I'm a complete audiophile, and am into just about every genre of music except for some modern hip hop (I prefer the 80's and some of the 90's, into the 2000's, before 2010, I think.) and I'm not really into dubstep. I like music from the 40's, 50's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and a few select modern bands. I have oldies playlists that go from The Hollies in the 60's, Hall & Oates in the 70's and 80's, and a few early 90's tracks. If it's R&B, it's gotta be Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Freddie Jackson, Alexander O'Neil, Dru Hill, Brian McKnight. If it's classic rock, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Y&T, Winger, Cinderella, Queensryche, Dio (Ronnie James Dio), Black Sabbath (Ozzy), etc.. Modern day stuff kinda just sit in the few bands I'm into, between Goo Goo Dolls, Lifehouse, The Calling (Alex Max Band's solo stuff after band broke up.), etc.. I liked Creed back in the day, even though Scott Stapp was a big weiner to his band mates, but prefer Alter Bridge, overall. Miles Kennedy has a much better voice, imho. Fuel was good for it's time, I think. Oh, and even though the band's broken up, "The Darkness" is pretty cool.^^;

I highly recommend ANYTHING that Yngvie Malmsteen is involved in, even if it's just collabs and covers of other bands' songs. That is, of course, if you like 80's metal. He's basically the father of the guitar shred, and I place him with guys like Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, The Edge (U2), amongst a few others. He does an Ozzy cover for "Mr. Crowley" with Ronnie James Dio that just sends a chill of exhilaration down my spine, every time the vocals start with the titular lyrics. Maybe even goosebumps - gotta check, next time I listen to it. Modern metal, I'd go with a cover of Dio's "Holy Diver", by "Kills witch Engage", btw.

Oops, sorry for the novel! I get carried away when I talk about this stuff. Lol

Ever watch a really great movie or even a subpar movie that actually moved tou, emptionally, just for how great the soundtrack was, as each song or musical piece accompanies certain scenes...? The bagpipes in "Braveheart", the Kodo drums in "The Last Samurai", which I THINK we by the Japanese band, "Kodo", from their album, "Ibuki". -Even the musical score in "Men of Honor" or certain pieces of "The Gladiator". The Mark Wahlberg movie, "Invincible", had such a beautiful soundtrack, that the movie was like an animated piece of visual art, with its overall direction of imagery and accompanying musical arrangement. I took the open in intro for that movie and replaced "I've Got A Name" (Jim Groce) with Lifehouse's "All In All", and felt it fit, perfectly. That's just me, though.^^;

I'm also into music from Hong Kong and Japan. Gotta listen to Koshi Inaba, Utada Hikaru's JAPANESE discography (I don't care much for her English/North American releases.), Matsushita Yuya ("Durarara!"), LiSa ("Sword Art Online"), Moriguchi Hiroko ("Wanpanman", aka "One Punch Man"), for examples.^^;

Enjoy!

17 minutes ago, Shunaia said:

I sincerely hope you enjoy them. I'm a complete audiophile, and am into just about every genre of music except for some modern hip hop (I prefer the 80's and some of the 90's, into the 2000's, before 2010, I think.) and I'm not really into dubstep. I like music from the 40's, 50's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and a few select modern bands. I have oldies playlists that go from The Hollies in the 60's, Hall & Oates in the 70's and 80's, and a few early 90's tracks. If it's R&B, it's gotta be Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Freddie Jackson, Alexander O'Neil, Dru Hill, Brian McKnight. If it's classic rock, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Y&T, Winger, Cinderella, Queensryche, Dio (Ronnie James Dio), Black Sabbath (Ozzy), etc.. Modern day stuff kinda just sit in the few bands I'm into, between Goo Goo Dolls, Lifehouse, The Calling (Alex Max Band's solo stuff after band broke up.), etc.. I liked Creed back in the day, even though Scott Stapp was a big weiner to his band mates, but prefer Alter Bridge, overall. Miles Kennedy has a much better voice, imho. Fuel was good for it's time, I think. Oh, and even though the band's broken up, "The Darkness" is pretty cool.^^;

I highly recommend ANYTHING that Yngvie Malmsteen is involved in, even if it's just collabs and covers of other bands' songs. That is, of course, if you like 80's metal. He's basically the father of the guitar shred, and I place him with guys like Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Kravitz, The Edge (U2), amongst a few others. He does an Ozzy cover for "Mr. Crowley" with Ronnie James Dio that just sends a chill of exhilaration down my spine, every time the vocals start with the titular lyrics. Maybe even goosebumps - gotta check, next time I listen to it. Modern metal, I'd go with a cover of Dio's "Holy Diver", by "Kills witch Engage", btw.

Oops, sorry for the novel! I get carried away when I talk about this stuff. Lol

I enjoy 90's funk to be honest, I'm a 90's baby ^_^ but I still love the music, it brings me back to my younger years, makes me feel nostalgic. 

4 minutes ago, Shunaia said:

Ever watch a really great movie or even a subpar movie that actually moved tou, emptionally, just for how great the soundtrack was, as each song or musical piece accompanies certain scenes...? The bagpipes in "Braveheart", the Kodo drums in "The Last Samurai", which I THINK we by the Japanese band, "Kodo", from their album, "Ibuki". -Even the musical score in "Men of Honor" or certain pieces of "The Gladiator". The Mark Wahlberg movie, "Invincible", had such a beautiful soundtrack, that the movie was like an animated piece of visual art, with its overall direction of imagery and accompanying musical arrangement. I took the open in intro for that movie and replaced "I've Got A Name" (Jim Groce) with Lifehouse's "All In All", and felt it fit, perfectly. That's just me, though.^^;

I'm also into music from Hong Kong and Japan. Gotta listen to Koshi Inaba, Utada Hikaru's JAPANESE discography (I don't care much for her English/North American releases.), Matsushita Yuya ("Durarara!"), LiSa ("Sword Art Online"), Moriguchi Hiroko ("Wanpanman", aka "One Punch Man"), for examples.^^;

Enjoy!

Yes, the two so far are Spirited away's soundtrack and the tribute to Paul Walker, that song will always make me tear up when ever I listen to it.

I love most music, mostly due to nostalgia. I have a very long memory, and can almost recall most detail of any given day when I had hear any particular favorite song for the very first time. So whenever I hear something that I used to love as a kid, it usually has me revisit older music in many different ways, treating it all like it's brand new - undiscovered, at least to me, until I buy/download their entire discographies and add them to my music collection, which kind of looks like the Jedi Archives. All I'm missing is a Jocasta Nu to be my caretaker of my music library. XD

I loved the "Double Dragon" NES games, growing up, so when Jake Kaufman did the music for "Double Dragon Neon" a few years ago, it took me back. That's ONE soundtrack (Minus the corny joke "mixtapes) that goes well with almost any kind of gameplay.

Back to "timecop1983" for me, for now. hehe

1 minute ago, Shunaia said:

I love most music, mostly due to nostalgia. I have a very long memory, and can almost recall most detail of any given day when I had hear any particular favorite song for the very first time. So whenever I hear something that I used to love as a kid, it usually has me revisit older music in many different ways, treating it all like it's brand new - undiscovered, at least to me, until I buy/download their entire discographies and add them to my music collection, which kind of looks like the Jedi Archives. All I'm missing is a Jocasta Nu to be my caretaker of my music library. XD

I loved the "Double Dragon" NES games, growing up, so when Jake Kaufman did the music for "Double Dragon Neon" a few years ago, it took me back. That's ONE soundtrack (Minus the corny joke "mixtapes) that goes well with almost any kind of gameplay.

Back to "timecop1983" for me, for now. hehe

I'm so tempted to send you some music your way, do you mind?

On 2/12/2016 at 9:14 PM, Vanessa12 said:

i bet lol

Here i go

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeOHJwV89-ysO3GCuAw0rtQ/videos

Most of these

A ton of music from Bayside,I Am Ghost, Fact,Anthony Raneri, Micheal jackson,Flowbots,Atmosphere, Jeff and Casey Lee Williams,Panic At The Disco, No Doubt

Random power metal and metal sprinkled in

A few Pink songs because screw you she has good music sometimes too

Thats enough for english

Monchi y Alexandra

^Amazing singing duo

Ilaria Garziano,

^I cant be cool and I do are beautiful

Uverworld <Best band ever

Utada Hikaru< Best solo artist ever

Do as infinity, Hitomi Takahashi, Iisa, Maxumim The Horemone, Babymetal ,Fiction Junction Ali Project

Len and Rin cause Miku is overrated. I have a playlist of nothing but Melancholic

Monotone collector by Gumi

Epik High, Youhna, BoA

Random songs in Russian,German,French,Portuguese, Chinese

More covers in same and different languages than i can name

That covers the basics

For a specific example lets go with....

My favorite cover of this song

3 hours ago, Vanessa12 said:

I'm so tempted to send you some music your way, do you mind?

Sure, go ahead!^^ --I'm always up for ideas, new and old. You might introduce me to something that I'll go absolutely crazy over and can't get enough of.^^

1 hour ago, Yancha said:

Utada Hikaru< Best solo artist ever

I get goosebumps hearing the chorus of "Be My Last". She has such a great, strong voice and doesn't have the sound of some pretender, like how a lot of so-called modern artists seem to be. The official music video adds context with its imagery, as well.

Being an 80's kid myself, I've always loved just about everything by Rick Astley. His first album was the first CD I had ever owned, and my first significant other gave it to me as a gift, when I was in high school, I think. I didn't even know his name - just the one song I heard of his, while I was overseas. He's best known for the "Rick Roll" meme, and it was THAT song that got me hooked. I still have that CD to this day, and I regularly play it's songs on my phone. Paired with an awesome portable bluetooth speaker with a ton of output, and a ton of bass and volume, it's my "driving music" on my way home from work, every morning. -And yes, I sing my heart out to it. XD

Don't even get me started with Lifehouse, The Calling, Goo Goo Dolls, U2, The Killers, Dashboard Confessional, Train, Creed, Alter Bridge, and even Nickelback. Some bands definitely have their haters in any crowd, but there's gonna be at least one song that'll make you re-think being closed-minded over them.^^;

On 2/12/2016 at 11:44 PM, Shunaia said:

I get goosebumps hearing the chorus of "Be My Last". She has such a great, strong voice and doesn't have the sound of some pretender, like how a lot of so-called modern artists seem to be. The official music video adds context with its imagery, as well.

Being an 80's kid myself, I've always loved just about everything by Rick Astley. His first album was the first CD I had ever owned, and my first significant other gave it to me as a gift, when I was in high school, I think. I didn't even know his name - just the one song I heard of his, while I was overseas. He's best known for the "Rick Roll" meme, and it was THAT song that got me hooked. I still have that CD to this day, and I regularly play it's songs on my phone. Paired with an awesome portable bluetooth speaker with a ton of output, and a ton of bass and volume, it's my "driving music" on my way home from work, every morning. -And yes, I sing my heart out to it. XD

There was ana lbum recently where a bunch of artists covered her songs in different styles

I didnt get into the Rick Astley thing but i was guilty of liking a few of the boyband songs

The hardest thing

Bye Bye Bye

Mbop <This song makes no sense though

Take on me and Dont stop believeing

A little farther back with My girl and Heard it through the grape vine? I dont know its exact name but i should stop music ranting here

I do enough of that to friends

Archived