Gifting NCcoin items for gold

nemesiah

8 minutes ago, nemesiah said:

I read somewhere that as long as the gold you are receiving isnt bought this is totally legit and just wanted some confirmation here, i get badgered in game sometimes when advertising that I'm breaking ToS. 

As long as you're using the in-game Request/Send gift system in the Cash Shop you're ok. What they don't want is people being a 3rd Party seller of NCoin Game Cards, and selling the codes for NCoin.

But how trustworthy the person who will either buy/sell the NCoin items is another big issue, especially the sellers. Gifting doesn't require both side to lock trade, but only by sending mail. Some one can just easily scam you with that due to its unsafe nature.

Let's say I'm leveling an alt to lvl 15 to be able to talk in most chat. Then, I tell you that I'm selling NCoin items, but you have to trade the gold first. When I got your gold, i send mail with those amount to the main, and then delete the alt, GG.

Same thing can be applied to buyers, who are most likely trolls. i ask them to mail items to me first just to show that they have the items ( I'm not sure if some items are tradable or not), then when I receive it, i delete my alt just for the LOL.

For people who are going to say that NCsoft will step in when that happen. I haven't read their term and agreement when I click that Accept button, but it is possible that NCsoft will not solve it, because it was technically trading between players, not about the transaction between them and the customer. They made stuffs to be untradable, and you use gifting as a form of trading, you are making use of a loop hole in their game system. The risk is too high for me to actually thinking about buying stuff with my hard earned golds.

What I can say is to advocate NCsoft to make cash shop items tradable, and not making use of that unsafe "gifting" method.

Archived