Leveling Build?

Evict

Hi I'm new to this class and it's taking me a long time to level up because my build sucks and I don't know how to use FM very well.

I'm currently level 18 and I should be 25+ for how much time I've put into this char if not higher but I keep dying and killing slow.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Evict said:

I'll give it a shot thanks.

Please do not spec into auto-detonation for the RMB tree. It is an absolutely horrid skill that also messes up the DPS rotations of other players. Instead, the optimal build to use is the Burn build. 

Refer to this build: https://bnstree.com/FM/EkX8z_Lqx

Rakash isn't totally wrong, as the four most important skills remain as Frost Palm (RMB), Blazing Palm (LMB), and Blazing Beam (2), with the last core ability being Force Blast or Impact.

This is pretty much how the build works: 

1) Stack 5 Embers with LMB/2.

2) Detonate the Ember stacks at 5 with Force Blast to inflict the Burn debuff on the enemy.

3) Repeat.

Burn simply allows certain attacks to inflict a lot more damage and whatnot. 

The big reason why auto-detonation is bad is because upon detonating the 5 stacks of ember with LMB, Burn is NOT inflicted. This will lower the overall DPS of yourself as well as any other Force Masters attacking the same target. 

As you become more advanced and acquire more abilites and skill points, you may begin weaving more attacks into your simple Burn rotation. In the end, you might include Dual Dragons into your rotation which appears to be the second hardest hitting skill in the Force Master fire arsenal, with Inferno being first. 

The beauty of the game is how you often need to change abilities based on the encounter. In certain dungeons, I provide support abilities for the team while when in a solo dungeon I will take a bit more self-healing and crowd control. 

I've played a FM until lvl41 but sometimes I had hard time.

In early and mid game most of the mobs are alone, so I start with RMB (to apply chill --> cannot use movement skills) then rotate RMB, LMB then detonate with 1 (if required, most of the time they've died after 3-4 RMB-LMB).

However:

- blade masters could use their rush skill even if they were chilled (why?) so all the time they were in melee range.

- I had to use Impact T1S1 to be able to block ranged attacks (they hurt so hard) <-- mainly before lvl30 when q,e comes in

- group or pair of mobs could cause problems: like the melee + ranged ones around the Lycan wolf area

Boss killing in a group was not that bad, you can go Burn build (probably the higher damage) or the Ice rain thing. I've played the Ice and 50% of time I've stolen aggro.

The Ice thing is easier (you only have to maintain 1 skill - Cold Snap) and still deals high damage (for a stationary boss). Another advantage of the Ice rain is that is not affected by other force masters.

If you have any advantage for mid- and late game "avoid being shot and melee mobs" I would be happy. :) A video with killing the whie destroyer+rifleman combo would be nice if any of you have one.

On 12.02.2016 at 10:12 AM, Xievie said:

Please do not spec into auto-detonation for the RMB tree. It is an absolutely horrid skill that also messes up the DPS rotations of other players. Instead, the optimal build to use is the Burn build. 

Refer to this build: https://bnstree.com/FM/EkX8z_Lqx

Rakash isn't totally wrong, as the four most important skills remain as Frost Palm (RMB), Blazing Palm (LMB), and Blazing Beam (2), with the last core ability being Force Blast or Impact.

This is pretty much how the build works: 

1) Stack 5 Embers with LMB/2.

2) Detonate the Ember stacks at 5 with Force Blast to inflict the Burn debuff on the enemy.

3) Repeat.

Burn simply allows certain attacks to inflict a lot more damage and whatnot. 

The big reason why auto-detonation is bad is because upon detonating the 5 stacks of ember with LMB, Burn is NOT inflicted. This will lower the overall DPS of yourself as well as any other Force Masters attacking the same target. 

As you become more advanced and acquire more abilites and skill points, you may begin weaving more attacks into your simple Burn rotation. In the end, you might include Dual Dragons into your rotation which appears to be the second hardest hitting skill in the Force Master fire arsenal, with Inferno being first. 

The beauty of the game is how you often need to change abilities based on the encounter. In certain dungeons, I provide support abilities for the team while when in a solo dungeon I will take a bit more self-healing and crowd control. 

LOL. You never stack 5 embers on author level. Burn build work only for 45lvl not for 25lvl there mobs die in 2 hits by blazing beam. My build for leveling, your build for 45lvl content.

36 minutes ago, Rakash said:

LOL. You never stack 5 embers on author level. Burn build work only for 45lvl not for 25lvl there mobs die in 2 hits by blazing beam. My build for leveling, your build for 45lvl content.

But if you teach them to take auto-detonate, then they won't change when they reach level 45 which will screw over their ally Force Masters. 

Besides, better to tell him about the burn build early on so he'll know what he's in for at endgame to ask himself "is this really the class that is right for me?"

Also, since things DO die in 2 hits due to blazing beam, then your build and my build essentially have no differences since they both run blazing beam. Only difference is, my build is more correct than yours overall and will be beneficial for OP to look at and save for endgame.

I've leveled 2 Fm's so far, and have a third I'll probably be working on. Suffice to say...as long as you keep your weapon upgraded as much as you can (accessories as well), you can almost spec into anything until your late 30's early 40's.  if you have a an upgraded weapon, then LMB/RMB + 2 will finish off most mobs. Half the time I don't even use 2, just cycle lmb/rmb twice. easy peezy.

based on most of my solo work, here's a few pointers I'd suggest:

1) spec into the chill for RMB. it helps out a ton in kiting and freezing. Also keep in mind that only a frozen opponent gets the Knockback and stun from 1. Which I also use allot. I can't tell you how many stacks it takes, but usually as long as i can unload a fwe RMB and at least one Frost Fury, most mobs are frozen. This helps with mobs that charge...if they are slowed they will often not charge immediately, saved my hide more times then I could count.

2) I also spec into the heals for Frost Fury (frost F). on tougher mobs/boss fights this is what allows me to solo allot of those guys, and regain back health when i make a mistake on my iframe or just plain slack off.

3) I prefer to spec into Stage 1 for Dragonchar instead of stage 3 for blazing beam when I solo. some may not care, but i really missed the AoE, and the mild loss in damage is almost unseeable in solo play. I go with Beam for harder group content where we'll have a tank, but even with basic group content at 45 I find that havin the extra AoE helps far more then the extra damage i get from that one skill. For PvP it also makes sense to go Beam. But I digress...for my PvE solo work I prefer stage 1.

4)I didn't spec Impact (Q) into the burn until my early 30's. stuff died to fast to bother. Instead, I kept just one point in it to get the ranged block. saved me quite a few times. Again, with group play it's worth getting the burn (once you have enough skill points in the other skills that take advantage of it that is), but solo play 1 pt is enough.

1) and one point in burning soul as soon as possible makes a huge difference. Yeah, I don't get the big stuff from the lvl 45 parts, but just the base damage increase was noticeable at early levels. stuff just died faster.

Again, just to remind those reading, this was personal changes to the burn build that I used when leveling, that made my solo leveling process easier. and more fun. This has nothing to do with "max damage", as max damage is meaningless in solo play. These are not suggestions to maximize your damage at 45/50. There are plenty of min/max threads to discuss that. 

for levelling, all you need is points in frost fury for the self heal... use that when you crit a frost palm and you'll never die.

it also gives you back focus... you almost never even need to use flame palm. its literally the easiest levelling spec for any class in the game.

Thanks for all the tips guys, it's good to know about the burn build mechanics because I'll have to use them eventually from the looks of it. But i also appreciate the leveling guides (about to try the frozen one)

For easy levelling early on, you only really require 3 skills: RMB, LMB and 1:

LMB Flame Palm T3F2

RMB Frost Palm T3F2

1 Impact T1F1/T1F2

That's 7 Skill points in 3 skills to spam in no real particular order. No focus problems either as LMB gives 1 focus, RMB costs 1 focus and 1 is free.

Later on when soloing content you may want to change your build into something like this:

CORE

LMB T3F2

RMB T3F2

1 (impact >> force blast) T2F3

F (frost fury) T3F3

2 (dragonchar >> ice rain) T3F3

3 (dragonwhorl >> glacial beam) T3F3 (stun) OR T2F2-3 for aoe/heal

Z (ice coil >> cold snap) T2F2

Frost soul

The remaining points you can put into:

TAB (frost armour) T1F1 (some more def)

X (snowball) T2F2 (free nuke)

C (ice veil) T2F3 (even more def)

V (blazing wall >> meteor shower) T2F2 (some nice aoe)

V (frost prison >> frost sheath) T3F2 (still need def?)

SS (backstep) T1F1 (reduced CD)

This will give you 3 points to spend on whatever else you want. You can take some points off of some of the skills and leave them at T2 if you need extra points for something else. With this build you will NEVER run out of focus and you will NEVER need to use a healing pot while levelling. Note that you will not be using LMB too much but it takes the same amount of time to cast RMB + RMB as it does to cast LMB + RMB + LMB + RMB due to animation cancelling. The rotation is as follows:

1. Frost Palm (RB)

2. Cold Snap (Z)

3. Dragonwhorl/Glacial Beam (3)

4. Ice Rain (2)

5. Ice Rain (2)

6. Ice Rain (2)

7. Ice Rain (2)

8. Ice Rain (2)

If you need a heal, just spam some RMB + ice F.

This is by no means an endgame build. It's just an easy levelling build. I sometimes changed the skills to aoe build during dungeon runs for mobs and changed it back to whatever I was going to use for bosses before the fight. Mind you, with a random party you may not have a chance to change your builds. But if you're running dungeons with friends, they can always wait 5 sec for you to respec! Also, please note that during bossfights you can try and practice a burn build. Burn build is the way to go for endgame but you need quite a few skill points to really make it work. It also requires good focus management.

Do read skill descriptions to understand what you're doing and why you're doing it. Learn the skills you have at your disposal because sometimes you may respec some skills according to the needs (like for example lots of clustered mobs = need more aoe, lots of caster mobs = need more nuke or stun). Play around with your builds. I haven't kept a steady build throughout my levelling as I wanted to find out what works best for me and what combos I can do with different builds.

Archived