Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

You should honestly be glad that, except for Hulking Argurite and Admiral Hae Mujin, NONE of the enrages are instant wipes. You can still kill them as their mindlessly spam their attacks. As far as I'm aware there aren't many other games that have timers that don't instantly wipe the party.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many ppl QQing about enrage mode...those of you who can´t beat hado and come here to complain that the timer is short, you will have a hard time at F8, you will have a hard time at spiral lab 4, you will have a hard time at lvl 50 content like mushin F9-15, and on and on... you can do it, learn the mechanics, if you still can´t pass it, gear up and try later, you don´t need to clear the content right away as soon as it comes live... take your time and properly gear up and pratice. or else you will QQ in even patch that comes live...

Enrage is there for  a reason, it's so that

- player won't just play defensively and slowly nibble down the boss HP and takes 1 hour to finish the fight

- all mechanic becomes easier when you can play carefully and defensively, you do not have to take any risk at all, since you have all the time to kill the boss

- learning when to burst and when to stop and defend, when you can take some risk to deal damage and when you should not

- in a holy trinity MMO, if there is no enrage, you can just bring a healer and all tank party, since dps is not important as you can take you time to kill the boss

- dev can create the most awesome fight with most awesome mechanics but without enrage, all of that is trivialized, people dying left and right, no problem someone tank it while other rez. Not doing enough damage no problem, we can spend as much time we can on the boss, it won't enrage anyway so why worry, just take it slow and handle the mechanic. So a nice fight become a mindless zerg, throw enough bodies at it and you will win.

19 minutes ago, vita said:

Enrage is there for  a reason, it's so that

- player won't just play defensively and slowly nibble down the boss HP and takes 1 hour to finish the fight

- all mechanic becomes easier when you can play carefully and defensively, you do not have to take any risk at all, since you have all the time to kill the boss

- learning when to burst and when to stop and defend, when you can take some risk to deal damage and when you should not

- in a holy trinity MMO, if there is no enrage, you can just bring a healer and all tank party, since dps is not important as you can take you time to kill the boss

- dev can create the most awesome fight with most awesome mechanics but without enrage, all of that is trivialized, people dying left and right, no problem someone tank it while other rez. Not doing enough damage no problem, we can spend as much time we can on the boss, it won't enrage anyway so why worry, just take it slow and handle the mechanic. So a nice fight become a mindless zerg, throw enough bodies at it and you will win.

1. If it takes an hour for me to finish the fight, what business is that of yours?  

2. I'm pretty sure if it's taking you an hour to finish a fight, it's because you're having a hard time with the fight. So the idea that somehow it's easier that way is a bit silly.

3. What you're describing here is true whether there's an enrage timer or not.

4. This isn't a trinity-based MMO. If that's what you want, Wildstar was made for that playstyle--and nobody's playing it.

5. Not solving the problem the way you would solve it does not make other solutions trivial. You do not own the rights to "real" gameplay.

Sure it's not my problem if you want to take an hour to kill a boss, but I am genuinely curious how a boss can be challenging and interesting without any enrage mechanics. I have play a few MMO, not a lot since I have only been playing for a few years, but in all those MMO all bosses have enrage, it can be things like 1 minute to kill the boss when it reach 10% hp, or 10 minute to enrage once the boss goes into final phase, failing to meet it you will wipe. These fight challenges you to outputting high dps while dealing with the numerous mechanics involve. In all these fight, I have hit enrage plenty of times when learning, realizing I am not pushing enough dps, I optimize my dps, learning the best time to burst damage. I can see that in all those fight, if there is no enrage involve, the fight simply becomes so easy once I learn the mechanic.

Its not nonsense.

Enrage times is there to check your dmg and not allow players just use extremely cheese tactics to kill them.

So no thanks either learn your class and play well and get gear or dont and dont kill stuff

So I did Mushin tower on my smn (yeah easy class) with only True Profane and a mix of bsh+poh bopae. 1-4 was of course easy, 5 took a few tries since I wasn't doing enough damage, a respec on my skills fix that so no problem. 6th wasn't hard, it was the Azure lord, his range aoe surprise me though but I got through fine.

Now Junghado, first time I tried him, I tried till my weapon broke and it was the time I actually almost killed him. Gave it a try again last nite, trying to better learn how he use his skill and how I can chain my taunt and cc properly, every try I got him lower and lower, I find more and more chances to fully dps him. Of course my weapon broke as well but I was ready with field repair tool. Repaired and finally got him down after a few tries and it felt great. I manage to properly cc, taunt and dps him down, use my iframe accordingly. The enrage mechanic push me to improve my skill usage, if there wasn't any enrage it wouldn't have been the same, because after a few tries you will learn how his skills works and how to avoid them so you can simply use cheese tactic to win. I was playing on 200+ ping on a laggy night too, so there was some skills delay.

Although I have a good pimg in PVE in Mushin is craptastic,   crap ping combined with timer = crappy experience, because even if you learn  the patterns  and you learn your skill  is just crap when your skill are delayed because "EU servers", after I did my plates i never went to MS,   not fun, not rewarding, lag crapfest 

You know whats a good example of what happens when there is no enrage timer? BLACKWYRM!

My particular server (Taywong), we have people who can tank Blackwyrm but nobody allows them to tank (more specifically summoners who taunt with their cats) so it ends up becoming a mindless zerg fest.  If there was an enrage timer people would actually organize, work as a team, and try to follow mechanics.

If they ever get rid of enrage timer, which I am 100% sure they will not, then I will stop playing this game.

If you do damage fast enough, the boss won't enrage.

If the boss doesn't enrage, then the timer means nothing.

If you kill the boss fast enough, and you never hit the timer for the boss to enrage, it's like the enrage timer doesn't even exist!

So, in conclusion: kill bosses faster

On 2/11/2016 at 11:58 PM, YukiAyumu said:

Isn't a game a game because it is fun

this is not work

this is not a commitment

and everyone has their own skill and experience if people are willing to live why is that not enough as long as they are doing what they can it shouldn't matter I'd rather play with people not robots

no matter what game I'm playing

Don't play MMOs if you don't want commitment.
That's what singleplayer games are for.

Every single MMO out there requires some kind of commitment.

Just get good, problem solved.
Wouldn't like bad players to ruin yet another mmo, and dumb it down so 2y olds can breeze thru it.

Archived