Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

4 minutes ago, Mariester said:

I ment before he enrage. There has to be something he say or does it after a particular skills. You just need to know him and get him in a stun lock rotation. Some mobs also change their attack patterns according to how far you are from them.

Yes you can cancel their enrage skill when he's not yet on enrage mode BUT YOU MUST KNOW that doesn't work every time so don't relly 100% on that. Got some deaths because of that, don't make my mistake x)

Of course you can cancel it like 90% of the times but do know that Boss can resist those skills too.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

Isn't the point of new content to enjoy it, if that means the endgame takes longer than the rest of it then so be it it's supposed to be end game why try to limit that why not make it grander then it already is even if it takes me 2 hours even if it takes me 6 hours to do it i can go "I DID IT" no matter how hard it was i was able to push through

have you ever played an NES game where you couldn't save but spent very long to get to the final boss and die you have to start over from the beginning

It sucks it's frustrating you hate it but eventually you get to that boss again and you beat it

it may not be on the second playthrough it may not even be on your 30th but when you succeed you feel awesome like "TAKE THAT YOU JERK!" you feel a real sense of accomplishment -The achievement 

this game doesn't have that feeling it lacks the difficulty and decided to take the easy way out when it could provide it a timer is lazy it could have been much more i don't find myself fighting the enemy in front of me i find myself fighting the clock

if they wanted time based achievements they can leave it in an achievement system

Weather you are doing 1k damage or 5k damage that shouldn't matter rather if anything the 1k damage would be more of an achievement have you watched a resident evil Knife run i'd rather watch that on highest difficulty then watch Infinity rocket ammo highest difficulty run

I think what is wrong on so many levels is that people don't understand the value of hard work

Time does not equal skill

I'm sorry but hard work does not equal spending 3hours on the same boss in this one instance when you need to do it 20times in order to get something you need out of it. It's more like purposely hurting yourself. Yes, I did play those kind of games but I find absolutely no value in passing 5hours on the same part of a game because all you're doing wrong is stepping on the wrong pixel in a jump you can barely control. Again, this is a Korean game. If it doesn't ask you to spend 3hours on a mob, it will get you else where. This game is purposely centered around PvP. Making the PvE as close to PvP as possible. You find value in beating a mob for hours without exact purpose, I find value into beating a mob in the absolute perfect gameplay without making it a complete waste of time. For your information, I did pass 30mins to 1hour figuring out how to skillpoint, what kind of strategy I should use and learning its move/patern. The point of the enrage timer is to make you have to be as efficient as possible. That means absolutely no downtime and no running away in a corner waiting for the boss to be done with a rotation. I have had enough of games that rewards chicken plays, you're not gonna impose that to us as well.

7 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

Yes you can cancel their enrage skill when he's not yet on enrage mode BUT YOU MUST KNOW that doesn't work every time so don't relly 100% on that. Got some deaths because of that, don't make my mistake x)

Of course you can cancel it like 90% of the times but do know that Boss can resist those skills too.

Wait tho, are you using the Arena bopae or the Pohara one? Piercing and Accuracy will greatly affect if you get screwed or not. >.<

3 minutes ago, Mariester said:

Wait tho, are you using the Arena bopae or the Pohara one? Piercing and Accuracy will greatly affect if you get screwed or not. >.<

I have both tbh but for that dungeon i'm using the arena because hp. Anyway, my accuracy is 101% which is enough.

Boss simply can resist a skill like you can dodge or block automatically.

Just now, DanielColunas said:

I have both tbh but for that dungeon i'm using the arena because hp. Anyway, my accuracy is 101% which is enough.

Boss simply can resist a skill like you can dodge or block automatically.

I mean, if its like any games, mobs also have resistance. So you're not truly at 100%. Don't take those numbers as granted. Also maybe you could try with your 1 speced in blocking? Needs insane timing but could be the difference between dying or not. I'm trying to brainstorm ideas to you... just needs testing. Of course ping greatly affects you :(

8 minutes ago, Mariester said:

This game is purposely centered around PvP. Making the PvE as close to PvP as possible. You find value in beating a mob for hours without exact purpose, I find value into beating a mob in the absolute perfect gameplay without making it a complete waste of time. For your information, I did pass 30mins to 1hour figuring out how to skillpoint, what kind of strategy I should use and learning its move/patern. The point of the enrage timer is to make you have to be as efficient as possible. That means absolutely no downtime and no running away in a corner waiting for the boss to be done with a rotation. I have had enough of games that rewards chicken plays, you're not gonna impose that to us as well.

players do not have multi million HP

players do not take two status effects to be effected by a status

players do not go insta kill god mode if you don't kill them fast enough

I almost garuntee that your build is not the most efficient build for PvP and PvE

even if you are as Efficient as possible without any downtime not even a milli second if you don't have the best/near best gear it's all worthless because they will reach that timer

not to mention there is alot of RNG that goes into combat too

they should instead make the boss punish the "chicken plays" not punish everyone because they don't have X

if a person sits back i wouldn't fault the boss for charging them down as long as the player is given the tools to fight back

1 minute ago, Mariester said:

I mean, if its like any games, mobs also have resistance. So you're not truly at 100%. Don't take those numbers as granted. Also maybe you could try with your 1 speced in blocking? Needs insane timing but could be the difference between dying or not. I'm trying to brainstorm ideas to you... just needs testing. Of course ping greatly affects you :(

I'm Force Master, my "1" is an explosion and I don't have blocking skills xD only 3 dodges and 3 shields :P

WAIT! THE 2ND FROST MODE COULD BE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS!!! LOOOL

THANK YOU!

There's an enrage timer on floor 7? Guess I should afk for a bit at the start of the fight next time.  

Joking aside though, I like the enrage.

It provides a challenge and a minimum dps/mechanic requirement, which pushes you to play much more offensively.

This game is all about offense, not kiting around for hours while chipping in easy damage and then running away again like a wuss.

You gotta go hard and only block mechanics when you'r supposed to (Each class has the tools for it).

If you think it's gear that's holding you back then, go and work on that gear first and come back,

Just know that True Profane weapon + Infernal accessories are MORE than enough to meet the requirements and these are not some hard to reach equipment pieces.

Which brings it back down, to your skill level. This is an action mmo, it's comparable to fighting games in a sense, if you can't handle the combat difficulty or your classes skill level then you should think again if this content is for you, or if you maybe shouldn't go and read/watch a recent guide for your class.

1 minute ago, YukiAyumu said:

players do not have multi million HP

players do not take two status effects to be effected by a status

players do not go insta kill god mode if you don't kill them fast enough

I almost garuntee that your build is not the most efficient build for PvP and PvE

even if you are as Efficient as possible without any downtime not even a milli second if you don't have the best/near best gear it's all worthless because they will reach that timer

not to mention there is alot of RNG that goes into combat too

they should instead make the boss punish the "chicken plays" not punish everyone because they don't have X

if a person sits back i wouldn't fault the boss for charging them down as long as the player is given the tools to fight back

How many times do I need to point out to you that you can beat mushin tower 7 with level 43 gear??? That's like the gear that was max when the game first came out in CBT. Stop giving me that come back everytime. Theres a crap ton of upgrades after True Profane. We talking about actual solo play pve. The ones that actually require you to know your class. Not the poh4 or poh6 where if you truly can't kill the first boss without hitting the enrage timer, I can't even imagine. 4 group members dongeons are ment to be set to a more challenging level. The enrage timer is also there to prevent stupid people from forcing players to pass triple the amount of time in a dungeon. If they cant pass the first boss, don't even bother staying. It's not like you lose your daily entry. Take it as a safety net. You should really try to see farther than the first layer you see.

8 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

I'm Force Master, my "1" is an explosion and I don't have blocking skills xD only 3 dodges and 3 shields :P

WAIT! THE 2ND FROST MODE COULD BE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS!!! LOOOL

THANK YOU!

Sir you do have a block skill on your 1 ^^". Read it a little, theres a place where it says evade any skills for 0.5 second. If you time it as you're about to get hit, you will completely avoid the start of the combo or the nuke itself. I don't think it works for AOE. However... see, with a little bit of crafting in your skillbook, you might of found why you're having trouble. That's what makes that skillbook so amazing and confusing at the same time lol.

Im no pro pve player so take my experience with a grain of salt. When i tried junghado fight as a fm it wasn't even close to a fair fight. Sure i can dodge the sword throw and i can use q e and ss here and there but ultimately fm cant really block and our freeze seems to have no effect on junghado either.

So how do i fight an upclose battle as a ranged class that has its main survival technique rendered useless?

9 minutes ago, Snowaeth said:

There's an enrage timer on floor 7? Guess I should afk for a bit at the start of the fight next time.  

I just mentioned mushins tower because it specifically tells you about the enrage mode

i think everyone just skims what i say even though i spend quite awhile writing whatever i post

this topic has very little to do with Mushins tower itself but the enrage mode mechanic itself

to the other person who doesn't seem to understand this

and if it happens on the second or third boss do you just give up and start over that is a bigger waste of time then forcing your way though but people will rage quit there anyway and noone new wants to join a run where they're quest won't complete because you already passed the first boss

before long your all alone and cannot win no matter what because the game "doesn't want to waste time"

your explanation is as lazy as the mechanic

7 minutes ago, Mariester said:

Sir you do have a block skill on your 1 ^^". Read it a little, theres a place where it says evade any skills for 0.5 second. If you time it as you're about to get hit, you will completely avoid the start of the combo or the nuke itself. I don't think it works for AOE. However... see, with a little bit of crafting in your skillbook, you might of found why you're having trouble. That's what makes that skillbook so amazing and confusing at the same time lol.

I know that tier but it's too hard to use, my damage will drop considerably if I start to use that probably would be pointless for that boss.

As a force master I must do higher damages on parties, if I start using that skill i'm losing amost half of my damage so, no point in use it.

2 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

I just mentioned mushins tower because it specifically tells you about the enrage mode

i think everyone just skims what i say even though i spend quite awhile writing whatever i post

this topic has very little to do with Mushins tower itself but the enrage mode mechanic itself

to the other person who doesn't seem to understand this

and if it happens on the second or third boss do you just give up and start over that is a bigger waste of time then forcing your way though but people will rage quit there anyway and noone new wants to join a run where they're quest won't complete because you already passed the first boss

before long your all alone and cannot win no matter what because the game "doesn't want to waste time"

your explanation is as lazy as the mechanic

ALL it means if they cant do the second or third boss is that there has to be a mechanism they waste too much time on. You're not the only one in the party. The others might not do their job either. Can't ask for a content to be nerfed because your group members are lazy. That's the whole point you're not wanting to understand. I'm not the only one thinking this. You seem to be highly stubborn on it and not seeing there could be other ways around it. Even when the content came out, I have never ran into a wipe to an enrage timer unless it was the fish where people didn't knew you had to parry the boss to stop his charge. There are mechanism that requires group members play which must be where you're failing or lacking.

5 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

I know that tier but it's too hard to use, my damage will drop considerably if I start to use that probably would be pointless for that boss.

As a force master I must do higher damages on parties, if I start using that skill i'm losing amost half of my damage so, no point in use it.

Did you try doing it with what you think help? If you're at true profane I could maybe ask my friend for his skillpage? Would that help you out?

1 minute ago, Mariester said:

Did you try doing it with what you think help? If you're at true profane I could maybe ask my friend for his skillpage? Would that help you out?

I am at true profane. Siren not worth tho.

I don't need a skill tree, mine is just fine. I just need a party with people that know how to do decent damage x)

4 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

I am at true profane. Siren not worth tho.

I don't need a skill tree, mine is just fine. I just need a party with people that know how to do decent damage x)

Wait party? Mushin Tower is solo no?! Don't tell me I did it solo and I didn't have to LOL.

EDIT : Btw, Siren is worth, they buffed it insanely this patch. Soulstones are up to 35s because of it lol!

@YukiAyumu

Reason is not behind you on this.

Not even a little bit.

This is not a game meant to be beaten by patience alone.

If the game worked the way you suggest, most classes could kill any boss alone even if it took 1 hour of kiting, defending, healing, etc.

Enrage is a way the game has to tell you you're not equipped/skilled enough.

Deal with it by improving yourself instead of trying to find flaws in the challenge.

The only real complaint I have about the enrage mechanic is it leaves no reason to use defensive gear, particularly soul shields.  The only real choice is crit, the others just exist as traps to get newbs killed.  I'd much prefer soft enrage phases, as apposed to an all or nothing system, with each phase greatly increasing a mobs damage but increasing the amount they take.  This way defensive specced players could last a few phases before dying, and still have a chance to clear content.

9 minutes ago, Mariester said:

Wait party? Mushin Tower is solo no?! Don't tell me I did it solo and I didn't have to LOL.

EDIT : Btw, Siren is worth, they buffed it insanely this patch. Soulstones are up to 35s because of it lol!

I was talking about new 4-6 players dungeon O.o

Mushin is easy '-'

I'll see the new stats of siren, ty for the warn :P

5 minutes ago, Nurvus said:

@YukiAyumu

Reason is not behind you on this.

Not even a little bit.

The game would be a complete, mind-numbing pushover if strategies revolved around defending/healing/kiting all day long and only attacking every now and then.

Enrage is a way the game has to tell you whether you're using your abilities to their fullest.

Team #1 deals as much damage as possible and only defends when they absolutely must.

Team #2 defends when it isn't needed and only deals damage sometimes.

Team #1 is rewarded with victory.

Team #2 wipes because the fight is not meant to take 40 minutes.

To add to Nurvus... dodging efficiently doesn't mean going out of the circle when it appears. It means DPSing and ONLY go out or use an iframe when it's about to hit. Look at the edges, it tells you when the ability will hit. You will get your full dmg potential with this and even get the mob CCed for longuer as the mob CC himself when he channels.

@DanielColunas Okay okay, there was one Force Master talking about Mushin Tower so I got confused lol. Sorry <3

Archived