Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

Sounds like you're just another person who wants an easy-mode game.. And then once it's easy you'll say that it needs to be harder.. Enjoy the difficulty.. Because the way things seem to be going everything will be a 'clicker mmo'

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, YukiAyumu said:

Isn't a game a game because it is fun

this is not work

this is not a commitment

and everyone has their own skill and experience if people are willing to live why is that not enough as long as they are doing what they can it shouldn't matter I'd rather play with people not robots

no matter what game I'm playing

The game is fun, just because theres a "imaginary difficulty" with this rage thing doesnt make it any less fun, EVERY game has parts where its just really hard, or you have to give it time, or give up for a moment. but this is also an MMO, so you cant just quit then try harder the next time, because you need to dedicate time to grow your equipment. Its an MMO you need to grind up, they need to find ways to keep people from capping so fast to increase the life of the game.

1 minute ago, YukiAyumu said:

most games with that mechanic don't have realtime skill involved and rely on numbers for everything mostly rpgs

this game has the potential to actually be challenging to push you as a person to the limits of your abilities

if you chew through content like cereal it gets stale fast

but if you have to struggle through using your will and abilities it's much more rewarding

I want to make the effort i just don't have the luxury of the best gear in the game or teammates that do

i would rather spend hours to beat it once because that's more interesting afterwards I'd do it again to get the newest thing I'd savor the experience and value the rewards more for it

not to mention i could spend a lifetime and never win against a timer because it is a lazy mechanic that doesn't care how hard you try or what you do

without thinking "gotta kill it gotta kill it or the timer is gonna kill me"

I'd rather experience the battle "this monster is going to do a tail whip i should step back then charge in"

Stop arguing and actually go try the boss in mushin tower7 with a true profane weap. If you even upgraded to it yet. If not, you're truly lazy. I finished that boss 5sec left to the timer and I even got stuck in a few combos too. There's absolutely nothing to whine about. If you can't do it, you have a lot of training to do. You fail to realize this game oppose you a certain level of play to complete it under the time limit. Not just the weapon. You're seriously wasting our time with this pointless argument.

"Because I can't finish it fast enough then I want it easier!"

It's called a challenge.

Learn how to get the most DPS output in the shortest amount of time.

Being able to kill a boss over 10mins without any type of consequence is more boring than the current system now.

@YukiAyumu

This is just a simple case of DDA in the world of programming. There is nothing you can do about it. All mmos to date have some sort of it. In fact all games do. Some are just more elaborate about it than others.  Voicing your opinion won't change much here since the game has been out for a lengthy amount of time already. Most of the mass here would call such a system skill and take pride in the accomplishment. Foolish but it worked like it's suppose to. Look at all these happy prideful people.

I applaud you for having a different mindset from the rest and seeking a better challenge, but with that same mindset you should know how to better the system in play. And in the end when your fun has wear off just leave.

15 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

with that mentality they could make a boss with 10mil hp and say if you don't kill it in 10 hits everyone dies and it heals back to max it won't even fight back you just have to hit it 10 times that is not skilled at all it just isn't you just have to hit 1 mil damage 10 times or you lose they might even put a timer on that so you have to do it within 30 seconds or some nonsense like that

no matter how gud you git it doesn't matter

^ Actually, this is probably what the mass here wants. Whether they admit it or not. The culture of high numbers readily seems to excited gamers. Pathetic if you ask me.

There is no skill in BnS. Even though it seems like it.

Good gears = Pwn 

Less than sub par gear = Get Pwn

Simple

@Okaaru The problem is that this guy wants it easier but doesn't seem to have upgraded to a level 43 weap, which everyone here has done the tower 7 with. So if he did, he wouldn't be making this Discussion. It's like the guy still hasn't used a single Moonwater Stone and is trying to do the level 45 content with a level 35 weapon. You would support people wanting to nerf a game because they don't want to do the minimum progression? I really don't think so.

14 minutes ago, Lynteresting said:

The game is fun, just because theres a "imaginary difficulty" with this rage thing doesnt make it any less fun, EVERY game has parts where its just really hard, or you have to give it time, or give up for a moment. but this is also an MMO, so you cant just quit then try harder the next time, because you need to dedicate time to grow your equipment. Its an MMO you need to grind up, they need to find ways to keep people from capping so fast to increase the life of the game.

they could just make the enemies actually difficult and then and not have a timer

and your right this game is fun but only when it's actually interesting

Pvp arena even open world Pvp (although evade and block rates hurt Open world pvp not to mention balancing issues) and most boss fights

a timer makes the experiance you have with a monster or enemy feel fake 

I'm not fighting this for a time attack i don't care if my name doesn't get put on a bored i want to experience this fight even if i have to do it crawling on my hands and knees

22 minutes ago, Mariester said:

Stop arguing and actually go try the boss in mushin tower7

i'm not even that interested in Mushins tower(minus story reasons that i'm not sure got progressed this update?) i'm talking about the new harbor map i just mentioned mushins tower because that specifically told me about the enrage mode that i had no idea about even after getting pounded into the floor by it beforehand until i was told about it at floor 5

and to everyone else who cannot seem to read I WANT A CHALLENGE A REAL CHALLENGE this is not a challenge though this is a timer i want the boss to give me a real reason to feel like i want to get better gear not go "you must defeat sheng long if you want to stand a chance "(incase you don't get the reference sheng long never existed)

Just now, YukiAyumu said:

they could just make the enemies actually difficult and then and not have a timer

and your right this game is fun but only when it's actually interesting

Pvp arena even open world Pvp (although evade and block rates hurt Open world pvp not to mention balancing issues) and most boss fights

a timer makes the experiance you have with a monster or enemy feel fake 

I'm not fighting this for a time attack i don't care if my name doesn't get put on a bored i want to experience this fight even if i have to do it crawling on my hands and knees

i'm not even that interested in Mushins tower(minus story reasons that i'm not sure got progressed this update?) i'm talking about the new harbor map i just mentioned mushins tower because that specifically told me about the enrage mode that i had no idea about even after getting pounded into the floor by it beforehand until i was told about it at floor 5

and to everyone else who cannot seem to read I WANT A CHALLENGE A REAL CHALLENGE this is not a challenge though this is a timer i want the boss to give me a real reason to feel like i want to get better gear not go "you must defeat sheng long if you want to stand a chance "(incase you don't get the reference sheng long never existed)

So you're arguing about a content you didn't even try yet and didn't even upgrade your weapon or following what you're supposed to be doing. OKKK.... guess you're just one of those kids.

7 minutes ago, Mariester said:

So you're arguing about a content you didn't even try yet and didn't even upgrade your weapon or following what you're supposed to be doing. OKKK.... guess you're just one of those kids.

Try to read it again unless this is after you read it then I'm sorry there is nothing i can do for you

2 minutes ago, YukiAyumu said:

Try to read it again unless this is after you read it then I'm sorry there is nothing i can do for you

There's nothing we can do for you either. Everything is timed in life LOL. 'Makes the encounter with the boss feel fake' Do you need to feel attracted to the boss by fighting him for hours? Even if you DO get him to the point where you can beat him with w/e shitty level 40 gear you have, if he touches you once, you're dead. Then you wasted 2hours of your life. What is so hard for you to understand you could of beaten it with only a level 43 weapon, UNDER the time limit, WITH perfect evasion of the enemi skill as well as being able to cc him and use pots. That's literally the whole achievement right there. There are timed acheivements that require you to beat a certain boss under X time. That not only requires a minimum gear but ALSO A PERFECT EXECUTION of gameplay and mechanism and TEAMPLAY to achieve. If you prefer slapping a boss for 1k dmg for 2hours rather than inventing the PERFECT strategy to kill that boss under the time limit with again a level 43 weapon IT IS NOT an achievement. Its literally dumberising a game so the people like you who doesn't which to do any previous or master any content can do it. Which is wrong in so many levels.

4 minutes ago, Yancha said:

I dont like it because i always build for defense>Offense so i get screwed over

Either way im making adjustments to meet the minimum for dps

Exactly, you have the right mindset. I got screwed over a couple times in the fight then once I realized I should probably adapt my skillpoints to the weakness of the boss it was so much better. Adapting to a situation and beating it is the achievement and what makes it a proud thing. You have to judge when you can be offensive. If you're not thinking quick enough you get punished for it. That's actually a good thing. Whats the best is that the PvE is also connected to PvP knowledge, you can use CC combos, you can prevent them from countering, you can do so much. The only thing you need to do is adapt. I wish you the best man!

3 hours ago, Grevier said:

You just would Parry/Dodge/Heal...

The Enrage system is there so you have to learn to capitalize on every occasion maximum DPS and then stop to Dodge/Parry/Heal again when needed.

It would be too easy then.

As a force master, even if you're a god at dodging you'll hit a moment when you have all skills in cooldown and can't avoid the damage. Sooner or later you're dead. I know for sure that some classes can spam the skill all the day so it's not just easy as that for everyone.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:58 PM, Mariester said:

Exactly, you have the right mindset. I got screwed over a couple times in the fight then once I realized I should probably adapt my skillpoints to the weakness of the boss it was so much better. Adapting to a situation and beating it is the achievement and what makes it a proud thing. You have to judge when you can be offensive. If you're not thinking quick enough you get punished for it. That's actually a good thing. Whats the best is that the PvE is also connected to PvP knowledge, you can use CC combos, you can prevent them from countering, you can do so much. The only thing you need to do is adapt. I wish you the best man!

The issue i have is i feel like i have to follow more of the meta than my own style so it bugs me

Theres no option though.

After upgrading my gear a bit i might not have to drop my soulshield. If i can keep that much ill be ok with it

8% hp on floor 5 and i died

3 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

As a force master, even if you're a god at dodging you'll hit a moment when you have all skills in cooldown and can't avoid the damage. Sooner or later you're dead. I know for sure that some classes can spam the skill all the day so it's not just easy as that for everyone.

Of course I don't play forcemaster but have you tried the stun lock combos on him? There's also some consumables you can buy from NPCs in the tower for cheap. I also recall you have a couple ways to reduce DMG taken on you. Having a life steal gem couldn't hurt either. I have also invested in a Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond (att 25) to help me out in harder dongeons.

12 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

As a force master player I can safely say proper cooldown use will NEVER leave you without anything up. FM evasions are quite spammable. 

Just now, Mariester said:

Of course I don't play forcemaster but have you tried the stun lock combos on him? There's also some consumables you can buy from NPCs in the tower for cheap. I also recall you have a couple ways to reduce DMG taken on you. Having a life steal gem couldn't hurt either. I have also invested in a Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond (att 25) to help me out in harder dongeons.

Yes, I did try all stun skills I have. Unfortunately they only work when the boss is not on rage mode and it's not always.

I'm trying to "master" the frozen thing but the enrage mode bar is so fast that's beeing a pain in the butt doing dps skills and get the right time to use the skill.

But even with that, it's not enough to resist "forever".

As a Force Master you can do 3 Dodges, Q -> Fire Mode Dodge, E -> Ice Mode Dodge and SS for normal Dodge. If you use the 3 in each rage, on the 4th rage you'll have all those 3 skills in cooldown so the only way to avoid damage is frost mode.  Now that you're frozen you should wait for the right time to cancel the skill and start dpsing again. If the enrage continues, you'll have 3 more dodges available do avoid damage which in total are like 8 hits you can avoid (if you avoid 2 enrages on frost mode, yes it's doable).

Now the problem is: All your 3 skills to avoid damage are in cooldown for a few seconds. Your frost mode will need like +30 seconds to recharge and be used again. You'll be hitted no matter what and at least for me, when I start to get enrage damage i completly lose the control of my character because she keeps flying all over the dungeon.

So yeah... I don't know how to do this as FM, at least for now. Just tryed the dungeon one time tho.

Hope someone has some solution soon or the only way to do that boss is getting high dps classes.

5 minutes ago, DanielColunas said:

Yes, I did try all stun skills I have. Unfortunately they only work when the boss is not on rage mode and it's not always.

I'm trying to "master" the frozen thing but the enrage mode bar is so fast that's beeing a pain in the butt doing dps skills and get the right time to use the skill.

But even with that, it's not enough to resist "forever".

As a Force Master you can do 3 Dodges, Q -> Fire Mode Dodge, E -> Ice Mode Dodge and SS for normal Dodge. If you use the 3 in each rage, on the 4th rage you'll have all those 3 skills in cooldown so the only way to avoid damage is frost mode.  Now that you're frozen you should wait for the right time to cancel the skill and start dpsing again. If the enrage continues, you'll have 3 more dodges available do avoid damage which in total are like 8 hits you can avoid (if you avoid 2 enrages on frost mode, yes it's doable).

Now the problem is: All your 3 skills to avoid damage are in cooldown for a few seconds. Your frost mode will need like +30 seconds to recharge and be used again. You'll be hitted no matter what and at least for me, when I start to get enrage damage i completly lose the control of my character because she keeps flying all over the dungeon.

So yeah... I don't know how to do this as FM, at least for now. Just tryed the dungeon one time tho.

Hope someone has some solution soon or the only way to do that boss is getting high dps classes.

Have you tried stopping from enraging? I know I can snap him out of some of his patern by KDing him. Maybe you just need to find a few ways to reset him up. I know a lot of strategy revolves around resetting mobs rotation in order to avoid particular skills.

1 minute ago, Mariester said:

Have you tried stopping from enraging? I know I can snap him out of some of his patern by KDing him. Maybe you just need to find a few ways to reset him up. I know a lot of strategy revolves around resetting mobs rotation in order to avoid particular skills.

As I said, stun skills doesn't work when the boss is on enrage mode, you'll do damage and receive the message "resisted".

7 minutes ago, Mariester said:

Do you need to feel attracted to the boss by fighting him for hours? Even if you DO get him to the point where you can beat him , if he touches you once, you're dead. Then you wasted 2hours of your life. What is so hard for you to understand you could of beaten it UNDER the time limit, WITH gear, perfect evasion of the enemy skills as well as being able to cc him and use pots. That's literally the whole achievement right there.

There are timed acheivements that require you to beat a certain boss under X time. That not only requires a minimum gear but ALSO A PERFECT EXECUTION of gameplay and mechanism and TEAMPLAY to achieve. If you prefer slapping a boss for 1k dmg for 2hours rather than inventing the PERFECT strategy to kill that boss under the time limit with again a level 43 weapon IT IS NOT an achievement. Its literally downsizing a game so the people like you who doesn't want? to do any previous or master any content can do it. Which is wrong in so many levels.

Isn't the point of new content to enjoy it, if that means the endgame takes longer than the rest of it then so be it it's supposed to be end game why try to limit that why not make it grander then it already is even if it takes me 2 hours even if it takes me 6 hours to do it i can go "I DID IT" no matter how hard it was i was able to push through

have you ever played an NES game where you couldn't save but spent very long to get to the final boss and die you have to start over from the beginning

It sucks it's frustrating you hate it but eventually you get to that boss again and you beat it

it may not be on the second playthrough it may not even be on your 30th but when you succeed you feel awesome like "TAKE THAT YOU JERK!" you feel a real sense of accomplishment -The achievement 

this game doesn't have that feeling it lacks the difficulty and decided to take the easy way out when it could provide it a timer is lazy it could have been much more i don't find myself fighting the enemy in front of me i find myself fighting the clock

if they wanted time based achievements they can leave it in an achievement system

Weather you are doing 1k damage or 5k damage that shouldn't matter rather if anything the 1k damage would be more of an achievement have you watched a resident evil Knife run i'd rather watch that on highest difficulty then watch Infinity rocket ammo highest difficulty run

I think what is wrong on so many levels is that people don't understand the value of hard work

Time does not equal skill

1 minute ago, DanielColunas said:

As I said, stun skills doesn't work when the boss is on enrage mode, you'll do damage and receive the message "resisted".

I ment before he enrage. There has to be something he say or does it after a particular skills. You just need to know him and get him in a stun lock rotation. Some mobs also change their attack patterns according to how far you are from them.

Archived