Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

you know that mechanic that just makes the enemy decide to kill everyone because they have the strength to do so even after bleeding from the ears from the long beating they've taken

i didn't know this was a thing until Mushins tower floor 5 explained it and just assumed that the giant monkey boss in the harbor had a spam barrage of unguardable attacks

now i realize that if you don't kill something fast enough they just strait up murder your face

I think that it's kind of nonsense

I'll tell you a story back when i was a low level not that long ago i came across Blackram barrows i was not the right level for this dungeon i was actually a few levels lower then recommended and decided to try my best to see what this dungeon for 6 people was about

I struggled for awhile working my way to the bosses the normal mobs could kill me in 4 seconds if i was careless after awhile of taking them down one by one sometimes two by two and in some frantic situations three at a time i beat the first boss after dieing a few times

i made my way to the second boss then decided to go back to refill my dragon blood where the first boss was at then come back incase the dragonblood where the second boss was at was a trap when i came back i had to clear all the minions out again... anyway~ i forced my way to the second boss and died once before killing them

then i went into the third area expecting more enemies realised there were no more enemies just the last boss i spent Hours trying to kill the boss his grab move would instakill me and i couldn't do anything to prevent him from using it so i started using health potions for the first time sense i started the game i had to have full health and use a health potion before he grabbed me and i would barely survive the attack i died alot like alot alot trying to win doing just a bit better every time eventually i won and my weapon broke on the same hit i was able to win through sheer willpower and learning how to fight it

my point is learning how to fight enemies with this type of mode isn't all you need Rng crit gods and the best gear to even have a chance not only that but you also need teamates who also have these you also need to maximize damage output (which i don't dislike but i feel that players should learn that organically it feels like an expectation forced upon us)

In short it is nonsense and kills the fun that this game worked so hard to build

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't a game a game because it is fun

this is not work

this is not a commitment

and everyone has their own skill and experience if people are willing to live why is that not enough as long as they are doing what they can it shouldn't matter I'd rather play with people not robots

no matter what game I'm playing

To me the enrage mechanic in the end is just a form of a dps/gear check; no matter how good you are at capitalizing damage, parrying, or blocking, if you don't have a minimum amount of gear then you are screwed either way. I would say the least you need at this point to pass floor 7 would be a True Profane evolved weapon with decent soul shields. Whether this is fun or not it's debatable, to each their own I guess.

Not sure why the developers decided to institute this kind of gear check, but I doubt they'll remove it any time soon.  

But in other games it is way past the normal time limit. It's just there to ensure the battle ends at some point and defeats cheesy heal stacking tactics. You never encounter is in a normal dps setup.

Here is is a timebomb (that you can't see, which is super annoying), that you barely escape every time.

Just did a 6BH run and we killed off 3 of the bosses, including the last one, during enrage. 

Still on junghado the mechanic is pretty retarded xD 4 min and 20 sec 600k hp ... eheh yes lots of crtis and yes if you dont lose too mutch time to heal dodge you're okay

Floor 5 n 6 are not that hard thou

If you want to learn more about your dodges i reccomend to fight against the 2nd boss of bsh during his enrage 
PS: Extra ''Fun'' Guaranteed

8 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

You only see enrage if you're not dealing damage.

who gets to determine that if their hp is within 20% then obviously damage is done otherwise they would not have a health bar or it would be full

the fact that a boss can just go "you know~ I'm kind of tired of your bs, die" whenever they want doesn't even make sense

it's comparable to someone tossing a boardgame onto the floor because they are losing

Easy = no fun, no challenging, "i leave, i did all the new endgame content in 5 min".

Hard = no fun, "only goldbuyers/no social life players can do it", "i leave i can do nothing".

This games are to play for months, not for days.

Learn, memorize, use Q and E and SS (yeah i know, you are the 1% that never die in dungeons because you iFrame) and if you still can't do it, maybe it's time to think that your gear is shiat* and need improvement, don't you think?

PD: Today while doing Poharan 6-man's daily, i got an assassin using his weapon upgraded up to "blight". do you know what is that? He had 120~ attack power, and he was complaining because we couldn't kill her (3 deaths/no dps). I guess he would say the same about Jingshado lol.

So... to you, we should all be able to do harder content using half the gear requirement or chip away at the boss running like a bish because you're scared of being hit by the boss instead of using skills to dodge him properly. Perhaps you don't wish to get better at all and beat it under required timer. Do you want 24hours to kill them as well? In certain MMOs you don't even get a second chance at killing the boss. You just die and you have to redo it all over again or you lose your daily CD. BnS not only don't have a daily CD but also allow you to restart a boss over and over and over again until you finally get it?

Tldr : DO YOU WANT TO ONESHOT THE BOSS TOO????

How about make the bosses harder in general, instead of using such a bullshit mechanic?

I do not like the general trend in this game to make a boss 'harder' by pushing a few more million hp on im anyway. You got the attack patterns down, you are easily beating him up, but you have to sludge through 10mio hp. That's not hard, that's just tedious.

And making it 20mio hp instead on the same boss does not make it harder, it just makes it even more boring.

Except for enrage of course...

Which is why enrage is bullshit. It's their way of making their stupid 'high hp = hard' idea viable, by implementing such a hard limit. 

Instead of putting up an actual challenging boss, that's hard to defeat, but NOT BECAUSE IT TAKES HALF AN HOUR.

Enrage mechanics are there to make people work harder to do damage. You need to know how to play your class, how to capitalize on openings and how to avoid dropping dps due to inefficiently dodging. Why do we need to get better at the game you ask? So that we don't bring other people down with our slow ass dps in other content. Even if there weren't enrage timers in later dungeons it's still a drag slogging through a place with a guy who is basically doing no damage and making everything take way longer than it should.

If you're losing constantly to enrage timers you should look into what you're doing wrong and get better. If you don't want to do that and just want to "have fun" then go do something else. Great games like to reward hard work. If you want to be treated like a baby and get everything for doing nothing then you shouldn't be looking at MMOs.

2 minutes ago, HMint said:

How about make the bosses harder in general, instead of using such a bullshit mechanic?

I do not like the general trend in this game to make a boss 'harder' by pushing a few more million hp on im anyway. You got the attack patterns down, you are easily beating him up, but you have to sludge through 10mio hp. That's not hard, that's just tedious.

And making it 20mio hp instead on the same boss does not make it harder, it just makes it even more boring.

Which is why enrage is bullshit. It's their way of making their stupid 'high hp = hard' idea viable, by implementing such a hard limit. 

Instead of putting up an actual challenging boss, that's hard to defeat, but NOT BECAUSE IT TAKES HALF AN HOUR.

Except it's not hard to do. You can do it in True profane which is not even a weap upgrade from last patch dungeon. With proper timing in your DPS and not wasting time dodging the safest way possible *aka kiting the boss around till hes done and not putting dmg in* It's not science. It push players to get better. Theres plenty of mobs that oneshot kill you if you get stuck in ONE combo think that's fun too? If you dodge it, where's the treat? None. I can slap the boss between every attacks and kill it eventually with a white weapon. Does it accomplish anything? No.

Please no. 

I like the enrage timer as it's a mean to know that my DPS is not enough to kill to boss so I have to tune my strategy.

MT was supposed to be the end game for now, so don't cheapen the achievement feeling for nerfing it to cater to the WoW crowd. 

12 minutes ago, Mariester said:

Except it's not hard to do. You can do it in True profane which is not even a weap upgrade from last patch dungeon. With proper timing in your DPS and not wasting time dodging the safest way possible *aka kiting the boss around till hes done and not putting dmg in* It's not science. It push players to get better. Theres plenty of mobs that oneshot kill you if you get stuck in ONE combo think that's fun too? If you dodge it, where's the treat? None. I can slap the boss between every attacks and kill it eventually with a white weapon. Does it accomplish anything? No.

That is exactly the point: It is not hard to do. It just takes forever.

It should be hard. Instead of doing the same thing for on and on until all of the million hp are gone, it should be challenging, non repetetive, fast paced.

Instead, after you learn the very few, very easy patterns, these 'hard' bosses are super easy. They just have a ton of hp, so you keep doing the easy, boring patterns for a long time. Over and over.

So then they slap the enrage on it, to make their easy 'hard' bosses hard again. Which is just a lame cop out of a mechanic. Seriously, if enrage is all that protects the boss from being taken down by a noob with a white weapon, don't you think THAT is the actual problem?

The boss should beat up the unexperienced, under geared guy. Not win due to a hidden timer.

53 minutes ago, Grevier said:

You just would Parry/Dodge/Heal...

The Enrage system is there so you have to learn to capitalize on every occasion maximum DPS and then stop to Dodge/Parry/Heal again when needed.

It would be too easy then.

in the words of my ppl, "git gud"

10 minutes ago, Mariester said:
17 minutes ago, HMint said:

okay now do it with a dokumo weapon solo~

it doesn't matter how skilled you are it's made so that you won't win without endgame equipment or near endgame equipment it's not a matter of skill and that is the issue

when i heard there was a end game pro wrestler boss i thought it would be cool if he could grab one person swing them around toss them into another person then grab both of them and double choke slam them with a decent Aoe splash radius

not once did i think massive aoe railgun shots from the sky should rain down but atleast that is reasonable enough because you can get in between the blasts and dodge them but when enemies just go "bye bye i win because i'm not dead yet"

that is not difficulty that is artificial difficulty 

[there's alot of people assuming things those people will be ignored as they don't actually contribute to the discussion also there is a saying about assumptions "it makes an ass out of u and me"]

8 minutes ago, HMint said:

That is exactly the point: It is not hard to do. It just takes forever.

It should be hard. Instead of doing the same thing for on and on until all of the million hp are gone, it should be challenging, non repetetive, fast paced.

Instead, after you learn the very few, very easy patterns, these 'hard' bosses are super easy. They just have a ton of hp, so you keep doing the easy, boring patterns for a long time. Over and over.

So then they slap the enrage on it, to make their easy 'hard' bosses hard again. Which is just a lame cop out of a mechanic. Seriously, if enrage is all that protects the boss from being taken down by a noob with a white weapon, don't you think THAT is the actual problem?

The boss should beat up the unexperienced, under geared guy. Not win due to a hidden timer.

You're missing the point here. What you're asking is making the game easier. Anyone can learn a boss patern and kill it in w/e amount of time it takes them to do so. A timer adds skillcap to a game. It literally means that if you can't kill it in the time limit its because of TREE things :

a) Your gear might not be adequate.

B)  You're doing something wrong with your rotation and are missing attacking opportunities or missing dmg due to wrong skills used

C) There's something wrong in your skill tree, change your tactic and see if it gets easier.

People thinking like you always manage to nerf good games to the point where it's not even challengeable to accomplish.

Archived