Can we just remove the Enrage mode mechanic it's nonsense

YukiAyumu

6 minutes ago, Zuldar said:

The only real complaint I have about the enrage mechanic is it leaves no reason to use defensive gear, particularly soul shields.  The only real choice is crit, the others just exist as traps to get newbs killed.  I'd much prefer soft enrage phases, as apposed to an all or nothing system, with each phase greatly increasing a mobs damage but increasing the amount they take.  This way defensive specced players could last a few phases before dying, and still have a chance to clear content.

I think the other Soulshield stats are ment more for content we don't have yet. Such as open world pvp or later 6v6 modes where gear will matter. We are unfortunetly running on old content with remains of the vanilla BnS because BnS didn't launch at 45 in Korea and on 50 patch skill balance. In fact maybe some classes are kinda disadvantaged due to a change in mechanism in their kit that wouldn't be the casse if we were on the 45 patch balance and following content release as 45. Soft enrage would be nice but I think it will only success in stressing the player even more. As in, the boss is now up to 500% dmg increase, if you get hit once, you're dead. I kinda like this current enrage because I can know if I'm *cricket*ing up or not. I find that playing the defensive way all the time makes the game quite boring. If you seen some videos of people soloing blue dungeon like Brightstone as a KFM for example, the guy would be so perfect you could add an enrage timer it wouldn't even matter. It's this type of play that drives me.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most game have enrage system. why we have to remove the one on this game

with enrage it makes people use strategy to kill the boss in a certain time

if you can't make it in time, that means it's either you don't have the gear, or you're using the wrong strategy

7 minutes ago, Kaom said:

Guys watch some guides , mushin 7 is a skill check , not a gear check .

If it was only a skill check it wouldn't need an enrage timer , but it have one and no matter how skilled you are if you don't have the dps (which is based in gear)  you won't beat him , skills means survival while dishing out dps

Just now, okitaluc said:

If it was only a skill check it wouldn't need an enrage timer , but it have one and no matter how skilled you are if you don't have the dps (which is based in gear)  you won't beat him , skills means survival while dishing out dps

Yes skill means survival while dishing out dps , you just proved my point there buddy .

On 2/11/2016 at 4:42 PM, Grevier said:

You just would Parry/Dodge/Heal...

The Enrage system is there so you have to learn to capitalize on every occasion maximum DPS and then stop to Dodge/Parry/Heal again when needed.

It would be too easy then.

this. in other words get good.

The real question is.

Why is this thread still alive?

Cause alot of people have nothing better to do than waste time on a forum lol. i check here 2 times a day to see what kind o f hilarious fail threads are going on and its never in short supply  xD

5 minutes ago, Kaom said:

Yes skill means survival while dishing out dps , you just proved my point there buddy .

You said it was a skill check, but it isn't, you need gear  too, thats why it have an enrage timer, so you are missing the point.To be a skill check you could beat him with any gear, only skill would matter that's not the case

I personally have no problem with the enrage timer. (They have been part of mmos for years)  and I am saying this as someone that has NOT going past the 5F boss yet.   My advice is start watching videos, play around your skills maybe, and look into maybe upgrading your weapon or gear, if not both.  Mushin Tower is supposed to be a solo challenge not something easy.  To OP, look more into what you do to beat the timer, trust me I am doing the same.  And if you can't get it, the Tower is not going anywhere so you will  get it done in time if you put in the effort.

42 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

You said it was a skill check, but it isn't, you need gear  too, thats why it have an enrage timer, so you are missing the point.To be a skill check you could beat him with any gear, only skill would matter that's not the case

It's a skill check that requires minimum ammount of gear , there I hope you understand what I mean now .

I skimmed through this so forgive me if this has been stated already.

From skimming through I noticed OP said something like "Who gets to decide If I'm doing enough damage if the boss's HP is at 20%?" I don't think OP fully understands how enrage works.

Any boss that has enrage is a DPS check, what a lot of people (I don't know why) gets confused about that, is that they think DPS means damage dealing. No, DPS means damage per SECOND. So you basically have to figure out your rotation to be able to maximize your DAMAGE per SECOND. 

A bunch of WoW people that have never played an MMO before got DD (Damage dealing) mixed up with DPS (Damage per second) and now a lot of people call DD classes, "DPS Class". And will try to compare a burst DD class with a class that actually does a lot of DPS and then will say the burst DD class is garbage. ._. Which makes no sense, but that's off topic.

On 12/02/2016 at 2:13 AM, YukiAyumu said:

You must be new ~

if you play'd about a month ago you'd realize they've already been there and done that

I don't know if you're being serious or not xD

But I'm not new (currently working on my True Siren staff :D)

After probably dying to this bs, unfair, and frankly idiotic game mechanic 50x, I'm in full support of it's immediate removal (bit salty)

Reason? It isn't challenging. It isn't fun. It doesn't make the fight harder. It's just an unfair bs mechanic. I'm losing count of the times I have him at 1%-8% hp and I'm full HP the entire fight and have all but mastered the entire encounter to a scary degree, but the game is repeatedly punishing me for doing everything correctly and playing well. In what world does that make any sense what so ever?

I'm attempting this with the weakest class in the game atm and it is the hardest fight in my 15 years of mmoing without a doubt. I've soloed raid bosses in Vindictus that were easier than this cheater. In that game, when I died, I knew it was my own fault and I learned from my mistakes. In this fight however, I've learned all there is to learn and make no mistakes and the game punishes me for is. Senseless. Not fun. Cheezy bs.

And no... not 'very many mmos' have this sort of enrage mechanic. Play more mmos other than WoW where you are in a raid or party. This is a solo fight and on certain classes, an obsolete nightmare. It just takes any satisfaction out of the entire fight. 

The last thing I need to say that I agree 100% with... he really needs to stop spamming his invulnerable time waster abilities when the timer starts because that is the cheapest cheeziest crap ever running down the clock while you can't do anything. Then instant kill at 100% and punished for playing the fight perfectly. Stupid. If we keep the timer, can we have the 225,000hp Junghado instead that's in the other regions? This is the worst thing I have ever come across and you're suppose to do this fight daily or even more to get the 7 and 8 soulshields. Forget about the outfit. Honestly, with the insane amount of effort and mastery my weak class has to put into this just to beat him, he should drop everything at 100% drop rate. Yea... it is that incredibly hard. Why isn't there a golden sparkly title for doing this? Why are all the titles for stupid nonsense and not for things you are actually proud of? Worst boss ever.

13 minutes ago, Ghennkins said:

After probably dying to this bs, unfair, and frankly idiotic game mechanic 50x, I'm in full support of it's immediate removal (bit salty)

Reason? It isn't challenging. It isn't fun. It doesn't make the fight harder. It's just an unfair bs mechanic. I'm losing count of the times I have him at 1%-8% hp and I'm full HP the entire fight and have all but mastered the entire encounter to a scary degree, but the game is repeatedly punishing me for doing everything correctly and playing well. In what world does that make any sense what so ever?

I'm attempting this with the weakest class in the game atm and it is the hardest fight in my 15 years of mmoing without a doubt. I've soloed raid bosses in Vindictus that were easier than this cheater. In that game, when I died, I knew it was my own fault and I learned from my mistakes. In this fight however, I've learned all there is to learn and make no mistakes and the game punishes me for is. Senseless. Not fun. Cheezy bs.

And no... not 'very many mmos' have this sort of enrage mechanic. Play more mmos other than WoW where you are in a raid or party. This is a solo fight and on certain classes, an obsolete nightmare. It just takes any satisfaction out of the entire fight. 

The last thing I need to say that I agree 100% with... he really needs to stop spamming his invulnerable time waster abilities when the timer starts because that is the cheapest cheeziest crap ever running down the clock while you can't do anything. Then instant kill at 100% and punished for playing the fight perfectly. Stupid. If we keep the timer, can we have the 225,000hp Junghado instead that's in the other regions? This is the worst thing I have ever come across and you're suppose to do this fight daily or even more to get the 7 and 8 soulshields. Forget about the outfit. Honestly, with the insane amount of effort and mastery my weak class has to put into this just to beat him, he should drop everything at 100% drop rate. Yea... it is that incredibly hard. Why isn't there a golden sparkly title for doing this? Why are all the titles for stupid nonsense and not for things you are actually proud of? Worst boss ever.

I still don't understand what is this enrage thing ?

9 minutes ago, KittyPawz said:

I still don't understand what is this enrage thing ?

If a boss is not killed within a certain time frame or before it went throgh it's attack stages for a certain number of times (which is usually time based as well) it will enter "enrage" mode. During that time it will spam some attack that will usually wipe the party within a few seconds. This means if you are vastly undergeared or uncoordinated you won't be able to kill the boss.

So killing bosses added Feb 10 is hard/impossible with only True Infernal weapon and without lvl 45 soul shields. On the other hand getting True Profane and soul shields at lvl 45 should only take a few days (mostly depending on your luck with Hujikar and Profane weapon chests).

46 minutes ago, Ghennkins said:

*salt*

I basically read this as, "This is too much of a challenge and I play a supposed weak class, please make this easier."

1 hour ago, KittyPawz said:

What is enrage exactly ?

For certain bosses you have a set timer before the boss undergoes "Enrage" status. During the status they usually spam their powerful skill that general wipes out the party but you're still able to attack them. Just under a lot more pressure.

For Junghado though, he becomes untargetable  while spamming his most powerful skill so it's basically an execute.

This system teaches players to attempt to dish out the most dps they can in a nice amount of time to avoid the Enrage status.

It takes decent gear and coordination to do this.

Ehh, before latest expansion - game is too easy, we have nothing to do, QQ.
After expansions - this game is too hard, that is bad, this is bad as well, nerf QQ.

Jesus people can you not? Enjoy the challenge, not every game has it nowadays. For me - timer is a challenge which helps me to improve. If not timer on 7F at Mushins, I wouldn't be as good as I am now and I wouldn't know my class as good as I do know now.

Archived