Junghado's spamming extravaganza.

MacDB

This is more of a terrible AI design than a but but I am going to write it down here anyway, because I cannot stand it and it causes my brain tumor to grow larger and larger with each passing hour. The matter is simple, after 50% hp, Junghado spams his uppercut attack to the point when I die. Playing as a force master, I have multiple tools to defend myself, but all of them are nothing when facing a 10x uppercut attack, one after another. My Q and E, my SS, my V and Tab, my invulnerability flasks (6 and 3 seconds), my potion spamming, my soup consuming, everything is wasted because once the spam begins, it never ends. The longest I survived was 11 uppercuts, after that I simply ran out of HP. And before you say that I should Daze/Stun/Knockback/Phantom grip, bear in mind that all attacks are resisted, therefore I cannot even deal proper damage past his missing 70% hp. I tried full frost fist, and indeed I got to the point where his 5% hp was left, but then again, uppercut. From what I know, this issue concerns me only, for whatever reason... I am no newbie, I've been playing B&S-similish games for years but never have I faced something as awkward and terrorizing as this quest. Not to mention the fact that lags are not helping... in 1 man dungeon I'd expect smooth gameplay.

It's the second day I am trying to beat this boss, with every approach, the uppercut spam just continues, as if boss had no other attacks.

Please, adress the issue, I beg of thee, before I headbang my wall to the point of building collapsing.

Sounds stupid as a FM but  the master tactic ist just the "dps like a *cricket* and only dodge simplified shit."

The thing is - in all patterns its all about doing the best possible DPS.

What is your build? Im sure I can help you

My build is pure Frost Fist (Only for this boss, because nothing else seemed to work as good as that). I do that to keep the boss as long in one place as possible, I use PGrab for 5,9s before throwing the boss away to get the cooldowns flowing, it's 2s more before he gets up, I keep frost sheathe as long as I can for cooldowns, same with Tab frost. You might think that I deal no damage, but with constant 3 frost orbs, Ice Fury and Frost Dragon spam, + Cold Snap and Snowball ,I keep the boss in one place and get him down to 50% in 2-4 minutes, while regaining HP.

Okay, if you know his patterns it makes it alot easier. He has fixed patterns (He rushes to you doing his combo) use tab ice

My buils is LMT F1 T4

RMT F1 T3

F F3 T3

Tab fire F2 T3

2 F2 T3

X F1 T3 frost

X F2 T2 Fire

C F1 T3 Ice

C  F1 T2 Fire

S F1 T1

V F2 T2 Frost

Rest is obvious (And I think you know about 1, Q and E)

Start with LMB LMB RMB RMB LMB  for pull

LMB, 2, (F on proc)

Use 4 with v (fire)

Continue with LMB and Fire F proc

Spin rotations with RMT and LMB with F procs, Run clockwise,  Z ice

Use fire combos, use F proc if available.

When first ice AOE comes use 4 to catch boss and drag him outside of the ice AOEs

Use with fire V and 4 to get HP back, then use ice with F ice procs

2 (Damage build) in between, depends on focus)

He should be around 75% now.

If he is  close to you after he have done his combo use tab escape with HP generation on ice and use 4 and then 2 to move him away from you.

Then start your ice C and RMT, Ice F combos and use 3 to get focus back

After that its just rinse and repeat, youll get closer and just use your fire 2 with LMT and fire F Procs., 4 grab, fire V

Again Fire LMT with Fire F procs. Only use 3 ice to restore focus if you dont have siren weapon or higher.

Always try to keep distance. Use 4 and then 2 to get boss away from you then Ice  C and RMT with Ice combos ect and F on proc.

I know its late and maybe its different from cn now but the real thing is to know when he is doing his combo which will drain alot HP from you.

Get ready to use pots in between and use your tab ice, so its a gg 2ez.

Im only using 4 combos and hes dead but thats because mushin 7 is 3 year old content now.

I really have no problem dodging all his combos, I have insane lifesteal and life regen with frost build, I never drop below 70%. The problem is with his bugged uppercut spam BEFORE timer hits 0, at his 50-40%hp he does one uppercut, which is followed by another 10, despite the timer so very far away.

19 hours ago, MacDB said:

My build is pure Frost Fist (Only for this boss, because nothing else seemed to work as good as that). I do that to keep the boss as long in one place as possible, I use PGrab for 5,9s before throwing the boss away to get the cooldowns flowing, it's 2s more before he gets up, I keep frost sheathe as long as I can for cooldowns, same with Tab frost. You might think that I deal no damage, but with constant 3 frost orbs, Ice Fury and Frost Dragon spam, + Cold Snap and Snowball ,I keep the boss in one place and get him down to 50% in 2-4 minutes, while regaining HP.

The biggest point out of your statement is phantom grip for 5.9 seconds...  that is a huge waste of time.  The boss has a timer that you have to beat him in or he does his black dragon move spam.  If you are holding for 5.9 seconds, that adds up a lot.  Don't hold him that long and just throw him or whatever you are doing.  Honestly, don't even use phantom grip as it just wastes time with the animation.

Cut out as much CC as possible and just DPS him down and dodge his stuff.  Turtle is easy to dodge, Phoenix is easy as well, use frost sheath or ice armor for the black dragon uppercut move or better yet, to not waste time, use those invincible potions from the vendor, buy a 5 pack for 7 silver and just DPS through some of the moves that normally are not avoidable.  

I was doing the same thing you were and I was stuck at 150k before he went enrage mode on me.  I stopped holding him for 5.9 seconds and stopped using ice armor unless he used black dragon uppercut move.  It saves a lot of time.  

3 hours ago, MacDB said:

I really have no problem dodging all his combos, I have insane lifesteal and life regen with frost build, I never drop below 70%. The problem is with his bugged uppercut spam BEFORE timer hits 0, at his 50-40%hp he does one uppercut, which is followed by another 10, despite the timer so very far away.

I have never seen him spam on me unless the timer ran out.  To note that you do hold him for 5.9 seconds is a sure fire indication that timer is actually running out.  That move takes too much time from damaging him.

1 hour ago, Aquel said:

The biggest point out of your statement is phantom grip for 5.9 seconds...  that is a huge waste of time.  The boss has a timer that you have to beat him in or he does his black dragon move spam.  If you are holding for 5.9 seconds, that adds up a lot.  Don't hold him that long and just throw him or whatever you are doing.  Honestly, don't even use phantom grip as it just wastes time with the animation.

Cut out as much CC as possible and just DPS him down and dodge his stuff.  Turtle is easy to dodge, Phoenix is easy as well, use frost sheath or ice armor for the black dragon uppercut move or better yet, to not waste time, use those invincible potions from the vendor, buy a 5 pack for 7 silver and just DPS through some of the moves that normally are not avoidable.  

I was doing the same thing you were and I was stuck at 150k before he went enrage mode on me.  I stopped holding him for 5.9 seconds and stopped using ice armor unless he used black dragon uppercut move.  It saves a lot of time.  

I wouldn't say AVOID Phantom Grip. While its not bad as a way to get a breather, it is excellent for interrupting attacks. Not everyone can sit there and facetank a boss, so use of disables and stuns are extremely useful.

54 minutes ago, Xievie said:

I wouldn't say AVOID Phantom Grip. While its not bad as a way to get a breather, it is excellent for interrupting attacks. Not everyone can sit there and facetank a boss, so use of disables and stuns are extremely useful.

I wouldn't bother with phantom grip though until DPS isn't an issue.  Then start using skills to ease the damage incoming.  Learn the fight basically first and beat it before the timer.  If they are always running into enrage, then take out time waste items like phantom grip.  The animation is way too long and every second counts if you are just squeezing in for the enrage timer.  The invul potions last for 6 seconds so they can eat up any move he does, buy a 5 pack or more as you will get the money back easy with the daily turn in quest.  

27 minutes ago, Aquel said:

I wouldn't bother with phantom grip though until DPS isn't an issue.  Then start using skills to ease the damage incoming.  Learn the fight basically first and beat it before the timer.  If they are always running into enrage, then take out time waste items like phantom grip.  The animation is way too long and every second counts if you are just squeezing in for the enrage timer.  The invul potions last for 6 seconds so they can eat up any move he does, buy a 5 pack or more as you will get the money back easy with the daily turn in quest.  

If you can't beat the 5 minute timer there is an issue with the player or the gear. Reasonably geared or skilled players will dps his health fast enough, so the issue for Force Masters is surviving, not beating the timer.

5 minutes ago, Xievie said:

If you can't beat the 5 minute timer there is an issue with the player or the gear. Reasonably geared or skilled players will dps his health fast enough, so the issue for Force Masters is surviving, not beating the timer.

Meh, we'll agree to disagree.

Archived