World of Warcraft vs BnS Arena?

Devinator00

On 2/11/2016 at 2:42 PM, Devinator00 said:

didnt realize there were so many world of warcraft haters in this game. SMH. oh well.

Must be your first time on an MMO forum. This kind of thread has been made for every single MMO release since WoW launched, and guess what. WoW still sits in it's spacious cave surrounded by treasure while the front lawn is decorated with all the competitors heads on pikes. People hate WoW because it's just sort of the thing to do in new MMORPGs. Pathetic, but also hilarious. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Subpargamer said:

Wow is more balanced? In what lifetime is it balanced? I played wow for 6-7 years and 2x gladiator... no, this is far closer to balanced.

wow was never balanced, not even possible. But the designers were always trying to, that's why I like WoW.

People always look back and remember good things about expansions, especially in WoW.  During WotLK, everyone hated the expansion.  Then during Cata, everyone sung WotLK's praises.  During MoP, everyone hated it, then after MoP, I've seen people talk about how it was the best expac, and they want things to go back to how they were in MoP.

So now we're in a new game, and what you did in WoW felt more balanced.  Nothing is as rose-colored as nostalgia.

6 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

People always look back and remember good things about expansions, especially in WoW.  During WotLK, everyone hated the expansion.  Then during Cata, everyone sung WotLK's praises.  During MoP, everyone hated it, then after MoP, I've seen people talk about how it was the best expac, and they want things to go back to how they were in MoP.

So now we're in a new game, and what you did in WoW felt more balanced.  Nothing is as rose-colored as nostalgia.

WOTLK was when the game was more popular than ever. They had ~10 million subs. Unless you're going to tell me that those people really hated it, but played anyways.  

13 minutes ago, Zooks said:

WOTLK was when the game was more popular than ever. They had ~10 million subs. Unless you're going to tell me that those people really hated it, but played anyways.  

If you want to discuss the merits of WotLK, PM me.  I don't care about how it caught the rising tide of popularity and saw record subscription numbers, there are plenty of reasons why I thought it was a trash can expansion.  And yes, I've known people to really not like WoW, but still play it because of other people.  I don't know how many people are like that, but look at all those who complain incessantly in any MMO you play, yet they hang around like a head cold that won't ever go away.

Regardless, that isn't really on-topic, so as much as I think this thread is useless inflammation anyway, I still don't want to sully it with a WotLK rant.  That expac put the nail in the coffin on my Enhancement Shaman's design though, which is a long, sad story of iterative progression towards something I didn't like anymore.  And Ulduar was the only good thing to come out of that expac.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:42 PM, Waynedetta said:

WoW PvP is all about baiting trinket and chaining CC. Super fun.

Hope this one is a joke. Not advocating wow pvp by any means but this is literally the strategy for every class right now in BnS.  In wow you could get away without CC chains and burst someone down.

On 2/11/2016 at 3:33 PM, HoleintheWall said:

The thing is about wow... Each class is nice and complicated in their own way. They definitely do require more thought than that of a blade dancer destroyer or summoner... 

So from my experience with both games, WoW definitely has a higher skill cap.

think i just threw up in my mouth.. WoW is nothing more then a kids game where you can face smash your way through 99% of any content anymore and PVP is dominated with the Flavor of the month class with a cookie cutter spec. now go back about 9 years and i would have much different words for your comment

Archived