World of Warcraft vs BnS Arena?

Devinator00

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

didnt realize there were so many world of warcraft haters in this game. SMH. oh well.

Thats normal. Its nothing new that players of a specific games are going to defend it in every aspect when being put in comparision with another game. Regardless if it makes any sense whatsoever. I play both BnS as well as WoW. I wont compare with each other as that would be stupid. BnS is a different MMORPG then WoW is for example. BnS has other areas where it has his eyes laid upon then WoW. For example indepth fights like on WoW mythic archimonde wont be possible in BnS (PvE) for several reasons. And on the other hand a fighting style like the one BnS has wouldnt be possible in WoW.

You either like it or you dont. Comparing them both is pointless.

6 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

didnt realize there were so many world of warcraft haters in this game. SMH. oh well.

What are you talking about?  I purchase every single WoW expac and enjoy my time leveling up/hitting the new dungeons/playing with friends who have come back together for the new expac.  It never lasts super long, but it's still fun to slam an old jam.

You're just terrible at trolling, that's all.

On 2/11/2016 at 3:11 PM, Waynedetta said:

BnS is not in the same way as wow is.

BnS has more reaktion based gameplay, like countermechanics, iframes, dodgeskills, Skillshots, Blinds, Stealth works different.

World of Warcraft is simply chaining CC of different classes to take someone out for like 20 seconds.

Seems like you are kinda inexpierienced but still try to discuss.

Unless you played this game in another region you are no more experienced than me or anyone else. The game isn't even a month old for NA and EU regions and you are calling out people on lack of experience? Get real if you want some experience then send me your ign and lets spar.

How is deep poly,  cyclone and poly spam, mongo walking dead killing resto shams instantly, turbo, 30 sec incarnation, atrociously weak priests and mistweaver monks,and etc etc is balanced? wow pvp is dead, let it stay that way. That game is a terrible nightmare

P.S. forgot about trashran and devs total indifference towards the pvp community. Huck Folinka

I am a 9-year WOW player. clearly WOW is more fun and more balanced. At least you can basically move freely in arena, and hit the target. In BnS, 50% of the time you are controlled and 70% skills are resisted, parried, dodged, etc. And more importantly, a rogue cant keep stealth for 90% of the time in a fight!

18 hours ago, Asildriez said:

Unless you played this game in another region you are no more experienced than me or anyone else. The game isn't even a month old for NA and EU regions and you are calling out people on lack of experience? Get real if you want some experience then send me your ign and lets spar.

Ill do have played the game in another region.

15 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

I am a 9-year WOW player. clearly WOW is more fun and more balanced. At least you can basically move freely in arena, and hit the target. In BnS, 50% of the time you are controlled and 70% skills are resisted, parried, dodged, etc. And more importantly, a rogue cant keep stealth for 90% of the time in a fight!

If you wanna talk about World of Warcraft PvP and its CC I cant tell how it is right now because i dont play WoD.

But i played every addon including classic atleast for a few months.

PVP varied alot depending on the addon

And world of warcraft had its stunlocks, your character couldnt move and you died without beeing able to do anything.

World of Warcraft had 2 shotting people

World of Warcraft had/has 20seconds CC chains making you watch instead of play.

World of Warcraft has pillars which basically *cricket*ed mages in previous addons

It had ridiculous overpowerd druides, when the Thornbuff was still there and rogues died on it while the druid was unkillable due to his hots.

And the most important point big equipmentdifferences which make yourself autoloose to some people.

Iam sure there was a lot more bullshit i just forgott.

WoW's PvP tends to vary which class/comps are OP from season to season. Blizzard has long since abandoned balancing the game for 1v1, or even making all specs on every class viable/optimal for anything. Warlords of Draenor is one of the shittiest states of class balance the game has ever been in, with the class balancing dev team knowing very little or nothing at all for how to play certain specs and classes well.

A shining example is the Warrior class. Entering WoD, Arms was broken and useless. Fury was broken and useless. Gladiator, the new "spec" was overpowered. They later buffed Fury, did nothing for Arms, and nerfed Gladiator in such a way that it destroyed Protection tank warriors. Gladiator was ultimately left without scaling, Arms was overbuffed (then overnerfed), and Fury was left in its *cricket* poor design for the rest of the expansion.

Blizzard has, from the beginning, had the power to make exclusive PvP changes that didn't affect PvE at all, but they didn't start doing that until late into the expansion, after they had already left specs broken and useless for PvE or PvP--sometimes both--in the wake of their short-sighted and clueless balance efforts.

It's true that WoW PvP is more balanced than Blade & Soul (However, 3v3 arena is the standard for WoW and 1v1 is for B&S), but it's an awful example of balanced PvP overall.

15 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

l2p issue and lol at wowo being balanced. You probably play a mage or druid,amirite?

11 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

If you wanna talk about World of Warcraft PvP and its CC and cant tell how it is right now because i dont play WoD.

But i played every addon including classic.

PVP varied alot depending on the addon

And world of warcraft had its stunlocks, your character couldnt move and you died without beeing able to do anything.

World of Warcraft had 2 shotting people

World of Warcraft had/has 20seconds CC chains making you watch instead of play.

World of Warcraft has pillars which basically *cricket*ed mages in previous addons

It had ridiculous overpowerd druides, when the Thornbuff was still there and rogues died on it while the druid was unkillable due to his hots.

And the most important point big equipmentdifferences which make yourself autoloose to some people.

There were no "2 shotting people" after the introduction of resilience.

And because WOW has healing classes, so big damage is allowed.

the longest stun is 6 sec. In BnS, it can be 10sec-20sec if you don't have an escape, or play poorly.

WoW has something called "diminishing return", makes the duration of the next same-type control skill half the time. BnS doesnt have this, so stunned-to-death is common.

And WoW's focus is more on PVE. And even for PVP, 1v1 is never the main thing, not even 2v2. Only 3v3 abd 5v5's rating is counted. Because the designers know that 1v1 and 2v2 can never be really balanced.

However, BnS is a PVP oriented game which mainly focuses on 1v1. Therefore the balance between classes is the most most important thing in this game. But they are doing poorly on this.

Theoretically, speaking of 1v1, BnS should be more balanced than WoW. But it is not. 

They're two totally different things. WoW is 3v3 where communication and team coordination are very important, but I wouldn't say it's well balanced. There's been some seasons where balance was absolutely terrible. Season 5 comes to mind immediately as DK's could spam Icy Touch and get Glad. Also the season in Cata when Rogues got their legendaries and the OP raid trinket. Queuing into RMP was a lot of fun... The first season of MoP was also a joke because Arms Warriors were literally globaling people, and not the type of globaling that people talk about when they kill fast; they were literally killing people from full to dead with one button press. There's more examples, but you get the idea. 

However, Blizzard will hotfix nerf classes that were overwhelmingly strong like Arms Warriors in MoP. That is both a blessing and a curse however, because when Blizz nerfs, they don't fk around. They will totally gut a class instead of being conservative. One isn't really better than the other, IMO. They both have balance issues. The really annoying difference is that Blizzard CAN and does balance the game throughout the season. The game we're playing will not see intermittent balance changes because KR is in charge, and from my experience, it's very rare for ports to see regional changes for things like balance. 

So, we're stuck with this meta until we get the next KR balance patch, and that's more than likely how it's going to be for the entirety of this game's existence. 

I am willing to give B&S the benefit of a doubt since the more experienced PvP'ers from other regions constantly say to wait until the level cap is raised to 50 & more balance changes are implemented. With that said, I HIGHLY doubt it will be anywhere close to what WoW arena currently is & their's a few reasons for that...

1) It's WoW.... more attention is given to that game than every NCSOFT game combined. The PvP team alone is most likely larger than the entire team that worked on Blade & Soul. Blizzard has the capability & the resources to focus more on a single aspect of their game than NCSOFT ever could. 

2) eSports Scene - Being in the spotlight adds an extra layer of enforcement when it comes to attempting to keep things balanced. They won't always get things to be perfect but having that extra pressure to not screw things up helps the game overall. Overall, the pro scene is satisfied with the current state of Arena PvP. The more vocal bunch are still on the forums making their complaint threads. 

3) Established - The game has been out much longer. The PvP content has had its up & downs but for the most part, overall issues are minor. If a complaint is to be made, it is usually due to the fact that some players bot. Something that Blizzard has been tackling very aggressively with waves of bans. On this alone, it is unfair to compare to two games. Odds are, the game that has been around longer is going to be the more polished games & the more balanced one. 

On 2/11/2016 at 2:17 PM, Asildriez said:

Its not about balance are you telling me that a game like WoW that has been out over a decade has never went through phases of imbalance? Its about the combat and although I havn't played WoW since Cataclysm I would say WoW's combat is much more in depth and overall entertaining. There is simply just more to it than Iframes and air combos.

Catyclsm was the most balanced wow pvp ever was (despite being a horrible expac), every class was viable (except warrior after first 2 months). I have never played 1 v 1 wow arena though, pretty sure that would suck for a warlock main.

17 hours ago, KamijoTouma said:

There were no "2 shotting people" after the introduction of resilience.

And because WOW has healing classes, so big damage is allowed.

the longest stun is 6 sec. In BnS, it can be 10sec-20sec if you don't have an escape, or play poorly.

WoW has something called "diminishing return", makes the duration of the next same-type control skill half the time. BnS doesnt have this, so stunned-to-death is common.

And WoW's focus is more on PVE. And even for PVP, 1v1 is never the main thing, not even 2v2. Only 3v3 abd 5v5's rating is counted. Because the designers know that 1v1 and 2v2 can never be really balanced.

However, BnS is a PVP oriented game which mainly focuses on 1v1. Therefore the balance between classes is the most most important thing in this game. But they are doing poorly on this.

Theoretically, speaking of 1v1, BnS should be more balanced than WoW. But it is not. 

Just as you said it was possible before resilence.

Healing Classes are somewhat op in arena, because they are designed to easy outheal a damagedealer. And there is no more big dmg after resilence, you said it yourself^^ This is why the game need an automatic stacking healingdebuff LOL!

Yes the longest stun is 9 seconds if they skill it isnt it?

Yes diminishing returns... 10sec sheep into 6sec sheep into  10sec blind into 10sec sap into sheep ... Have you even played arena??? Cyclone 10sec into icetrap ... and so on. Diminishing returns just changed latly in WOD but iam sure there are still those ridicoulous combos.

BNS has IFRAMS SS Q E there is a lot to prevent it. If your stunned to death your bad at preventing it. In WoW you cant or rarly can prevent it you have to use one of your CDS to get out.

BNS has every class in the top 50. Like every class. The difficulty is different so you need different effort with different classes, but thats no secret. If you want easy mode you can play easy mode, if you dont care you play hard mode. 'Check out how WOW ranking is dominated by a few classes, only a single priest in top50, very balanced... basically druide shaman and mage are in the top 50s.

Yes WOW is pve oriented and thats why its pvp is freakin bad.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:17 PM, Asildriez said:

No es cuestión de equilibrio me estás diciendo que un juego como WoW que ha sido a lo largo de una década nunca se pasó por fases de desequilibrio? Es sobre el combate y aunque no te has jugado WoW Cataclysm ya que yo diría de WoW combate es mucho más en profundidad y en general entretenido. No es simplemente más que marcos de ventana y los combos aéreos.

Wow cataclysm? the best pvp / arena expansion is WOTLK , u are best noob wow ever

Archived