Login Failed (42).

Tiffany

2 minutes ago, Exanimus said:

So ncsoft is doing nothing atm? I was in game couple hours ago, then got message in game to restart client to update, restarted updated it, 5 seconds later got disconnect and now this for two hours?

This has little to do with NCsoft and a lot to do with the networks you're using to connect to NCSoft's servers. All they can do is inform those networks of the issues and hope that they are resolved asap.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bug said:

This has little to do with NCsoft and a lot to do with the networks you're using to connect to NCSoft's servers. All they can do is inform those networks of the issues and hope that they are resolved asap.

Thanks for clarification. (no sarcasm intended)

• NCSOFT
1 minute ago, Furhyan said:

Well, I can confirm that no it's not resolve. Hopefully, you guys get it to work soon. Most of use paid to be Prestige so... yeah, it kind of sucks.

Thank you Furhyan. We are continuing to monitor the situation for those who are still affected. 

• NCSOFT
1 minute ago, Furhyan said:

Well, I can confirm that no it's not resolve. Hopefully, you guys get it to work soon. Most of use paid to be Prestige so... yeah, it kind of sucks.

It may take a few more moments for the changes at the ISP to reflect for your connection.

I live in Finland, tried switching from automatic DNS to puplic DNS, switching from LAN to Wi-fi but still have the same login error. Later then I tried using VPN hotspot, chose Sweden and still got the error, but when I switched to USA I was able to log in.

Either with or without VPN (various EU/US servers picked for VPN) I still get the "Server is down for maintenance" window after inserting my PIN. FeelsBadMan

Edit: Finally found a setting in VPN that allowed me to connect... (Texas server, I'm from Estonia)

Edit2: In character select when I press Play I get "Disconnected from server, error 300: authentication failure"

I made a thread about the FPS drops in this game after the optimization patch (after patch I have freezes, fps drops, disconnects) and in Mushin's tower I attack kind of slow with 43 fps in the sense that I am a Blade Master in draw stance with skill points on flicker to improve attack speed and I attack like once every ~1 second with flicker when it should be like 3 times a second then I got my thread moved here ? What does it have to do with a login problem ? God.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this error but all I had to do was change my IP address. Everything seems to be working now!
So either change your IP in router settings or call your Internet Provider.

Edit: Nevermind, it worked for like a day and a half. Now im back to the same problem again :(

1 hour ago, DinoSauer said:

I had this error but all I had to do was change my IP address. Everything seems to be working now!
So either change your IP in router settings or call your Internet Provider.

Your skill in Necromancy has increased by 1!

53 minutes ago, vza004 said:

It has been a few days since the last update, but is anyone still have massive FPS or server lag?

These past few day every time I logged in I get hit with a massive server lag and my FPS never gets past 12.

The way you're phrasing that question almost makes it seem like you think FPS and server lag actually have something to do with each other, or possibly are even the same thing with one causing the other.  Server lag (and bad ping) are generally undistinguishable from each other.  You take an action, and (regardless of frame rate) it takes a while before the action actually occurs.  FPS is, well, FPS.  If your computer is having trouble processing things, the frame rate will drop, regardless of how long it's taking between the time you attempt an action and it actually occurring.

Now personally, frequently at the start of every play session/new dungeon I experience severe "FPS" problems.  (I say FPS, because it's more like SPF.  The game will get very choppy and pretty much just lock up for what feels like a full minute, )  Generally though, the frame rate is fine.  As far as server lag?  Nope.  None at all.

On 2/27/2016 at 8:28 PM, GnatB said:

Your skill in Necromancy has increased by 1!

The way you're phrasing that question almost makes it seem like you think FPS and server lag actually have something to do with each other, or possibly are even the same thing with one causing the other.  Server lag (and bad ping) are generally undistinguishable from each other.  You take an action, and (regardless of frame rate) it takes a while before the action actually occurs.  FPS is, well, FPS.  If your computer is having trouble processing things, the frame rate will drop, regardless of how long it's taking between the time you attempt an action and it actually occurring.

Now personally, frequently at the start of every play session/new dungeon I experience severe "FPS" problems.  (I say FPS, because it's more like SPF.  The game will get very choppy and pretty much just lock up for what feels like a full minute, )  Generally though, the frame rate is fine.  As far as server lag?  Nope.  None at all.

There's a reason why I think so. Like you said, with just only frame rate drops, actions will register. In my case, I get teleported back to the same space. Now, the weird thing is, the daily item spin still works because it register my clicks.

I was running the game at max settings until recently. I've tried lowering the settings but I don't see any changes.

Edit: I figured out the reason why I was so laggy. Apparently I was glitched into the ground when I was walking up the water bridge(?) and then I was just glitched in. I thought I would try out the escape function and it helped me.

Archived