Hongmoon Brilliant Keys--changed today?

Naviir

Ok, we all know that "Brilliant <fill-in-the-blank> Keys" fall into the category of mythical drops.  About as many people see them drop as have pictures of Bigfoot. That leaves us with buying Hongmoon Brilliant Keys from the NCSoft store, or never opening a rewards box (ok, not all rewards boxes, but the ones we actually care about). Was not too bad when the Hongmoon Brilliant keys were persistent, as they have been since the betas. Since the latest patch, however, even the Hongmoon Brilliant keys are one-use only. Did anyone see them announce that this was going to happen? Or is this just me?

That must have been a weird glitch then.  Up until today, on a number of toons in the Betas and on 2 since the release, the Hongmoon Brilliant Veridian Keys I bought for them lasted through as many boxes as I wanted.  Cannot say anything about the "Brilliant Keys" (ie, not Hongmoon Brilliant keys) as I have never seen one drop from any of a large number of reward boxes opened. Until today, I had not had to purchase more than one of the Hongmoon Brilliant Keys (for each area, of course) for any of my toons. Initially, during the betas, I expected them to be used up, so was pleasantly surprised that they did not disappear each time I used it. Then it occurred to me it was an excellent compromise between PTW and PTNBFBTLD (pay to not be ******* by the lousy drops). Guess NCSoft just appeared to be trying to be reasonable, instead of just screwing up on their effort to stick it to us! ALAB!

Archived