Mushin's Tower Problem.

Celibi

Hello, my fellow adventurers. 

I have a Mushin Tower problem, and it isn't exactly conventional.

I have a problem with the floor 5 boss who's name I cannot recall at the moment. As my signature says, I am a Force Master. It wasn't terribly easy for me to solo the boss, but I kind of did, and I kind of didn't. Let me explain.

I got the boss down to 11% HP. An orb then appeared in the room and 1-shot me. I said "Okay", and then tried another time. My friends suggested trying to kill it faster, as they hadn't encountered such a thing. I got it down to 6%, then the orb appeared again. For my last attempt, when the boss got down to 3% HP, I used Frost Prison (a skill that makes Force Masters invulnerable so long as we have it up), and the orb bypassed it and killed me anyway. As you can probably surmise, this is very, VERY annoying. I am trying to farm my soul shields as everyone else is, but I can't even get passed floor 5. If anyone could help me or suggest anything, I'd be grateful.

My weapon is True Siren.

My accessories, aren't as good. If it's due to them, I'll upgrade them accordingly but it seems a little absurd. 

It has a 5 minute ( I think it's 5 ) enrage timer, You need to kill it quicker in order to avoid certain death.

The pillars also give buffs to help, I didn't notice which colour gives which buff... I was too busy throwing everything I had at him.

Something's wrong with either your build or your dps rotation.  Going full burning build, keeping target burning and simply spamming LB-RB-2 will give you ridiculous dps, considering you're on True Siren. Especially after the "Nuclear strike detected" buff this patch you should melt him. Don't forget the buffs around him. Furthermore you're constantly in movement around him (don't stay too far or he'll slap you silly) thus avoiding his knockdown skill. And as a FM you even keep dps-ing him like mad during red AoE and whirlwind so... Something is terribly wrong with your build and rotation.

1 minute ago, Draka said:

Something's wrong with either your build or your dps rotation.  Going full burning build, keeping target burning and simply spamming LB-RB-2 will give you ridiculous dps, considering you're on True Siren. Especially after the "Nuclear strike detected" buff this patch you should melt him. Don't forget the buffs around him. Furthermore you're constantly in movement around him (don't stay too far or he'll slap you silly) thus avoiding his knockdown skill. And as a FM you even keep dps-ing him like mad during red AoE and whirlwind so... Something is terribly wrong with your build and rotation.

Something is not "terribly" wrong with my build, thank you very much. I am a Force Master, I know to be in constant movement. I did indeed continuously DPS him whilst he stood still. As for this burning build, I have not heard about it in detail.

1 minute ago, Celibi said:

Something is not "terribly" wrong with my build, thank you very much. I am a Force Master, I know to be in constant movement. I did indeed continuously DPS him whilst he stood still. As for this burning build, I have not heard about it in detail.

May I ask about your accessories? Because, to be honest, there is some truth to what Draka is saying. If you have True Siren weapon, unless you still have the very first level of Hongmoon accessories, you shouldn't be hitting enrage timer on this boss...

Just now, Shinsetsu said:

May I ask about your accessories? Because, to be honest, there is some truth to what Draka is saying. If you have True Siren weapon, unless you still have the very first level of Hongmoon accessories, you shouldn't be hitting enrage timer on this boss...

My earrings are Stage 1. My accessories are terrible because I've been spending all my time and money on True Siren and trying to get my soulshields. I did not think them that important. 

1 minute ago, Celibi said:

My earrings are Stage 1. My accessories are terrible because I've been spending all my time and money on True Siren and trying to get my soulshields. I did not think them that important. 

Stage 1 of what part in the line? Do you remember the name? Maybe you can link your character page? Might help to see what your overall gear and soul shields are.

5 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

Stage 1 of what part in the line? Do you remember the name? Maybe you can link your character page? Might help to see what your overall gear and soul shields are.

Apologies. Wrong wording. They're Hongmoon Stage 5.

I'm sorry for quoting you, Shin, but apparently I can't delete the quote and quote who I wanted.

@Tupan, thank you for that helpful bit of information. Really informative. 10/10. 

9 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

The issue is likely in your accessories. Accessories give very useful things like crit and piercing, which allows you to do more damage. Specifically piercing is important because enemies have a certain amount of defense and piercing allows you to overcome that. If you have bad piercing stats, you won't be able to do much damage to the boss, which is probably why you're hitting the enrage.

So yeah, upgrade your accessories and you should have a much easier time. I know its quite expensive at a point but if you're level 45, you should be able to get at least to Awakened Infernal very easily.

1 hour ago, Celibi said:

Thats your issue, if you dont have your rotation in order, you wont kill him... your probably losing out 30% dmg by not speccing into burn as an fm. You can easly kill all bosses up to 7th floor as fm with inferal s10 and profane. It is REALLY easy bosses 1-6 as fm. Range clearly have advatage on those. Get your rotation fixed, and you will have np. 7th boss is far worse if you dont time and know the bosses abilities and when to use iceblock and other degence abilities. But is doable aswell withoutsiren upgrades.

2 hours ago, Skyfire said:

I can't kill the 7th floor as FM.  Everything up to that point is nearly trivial.  I've tried for hours.  Lowest I got him was 30% but he just always kills me.  I'm watching these videos and there it's like he's not even attacking.

The move that probably kills you  is his dragon roar combo, you should keep your frost sheath / frost armor for that one. The rest of the attacks he does you don't really have to use defensive cooldowns for. You could counter tiger claw with Q and E but not necessary. 

3 hours ago, Skyfire said:

I can't kill the 7th floor as FM.  Everything up to that point is nearly trivial.  I've tried for hours.  Lowest I got him was 30% but he just always kills me.  I'm watching these videos and there it's like he's not even attacking.

Omg did the same thing watched others play on YouTube and it seemed to do less movements and the boss for me is crazy. 

I got him to 22% and then he goes crazy unfair.

I finally just beat him.  I've been at it since yesterday afternoon, payed it till 5am, skipped work, woke up, and went at it all day.  It's 10pm and he's dead.  $25 in repair kits.  He's a troll too!  Few times I had him at under 5% and he kept doing the lightning invincibility thing so I could not hit him and he bleed the timer out.  Finally I changed my spec a little, wrote a pretty macro that sacrifices proper rotation for non-errorneous slightly less dps, but insanely effective, and that was the key.  DPS went up by a good 30% at least and I no longer had issues with the timer.  Basically pure fire spec and burst damage. Man that was the longest 1% I've ever seen too.  He kept dodging, blocking invincibility thing, seesh...

16 hours ago, Celibi said:

No need to get cranky, just trying to help. Obviously your accessories are huge problem. As for the burning build, here:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/147960-recommended-build-pve/

Archived