Forums

Time to go

Brokenloth

1 hour ago, Brokenloth said:

=PERSONAL OPINION WARNING!=
   Okay, since the release of the game I've tried pretty much every class, and pretty much the only one I liked was FM. I've leveled the class, played some PVP and never really played only frost or fire. Now, I haven't played yesterday when the new update came out, but when I logged in today this "training" screen welcomed me. All the talents I had were erased, changed, and meta was pretty much forced down my throat. I haven't played too much today, but from talking to a force master in my clan I found out that picking one of the two (frost/fire) will give you more damage. So basically, if you want to do more damage, you can't mix it up, you either have to be frost or fire. So, I went back to my talents, picked the "arena" path, tree, whatever it is, went into arena, and it sucked balls. I'm not saying I was highly ranked, nor that I was a pro at force master, but I felt like I could do whatever I wanted with the talents I had at my disposal. Now, again, I'm not saying you can't choose the path you want, but doing more damage just because you play one single "spec" is stupid. 

Now, all the above made me think. "What else is wrong with the game in my opinion?" -Let's get back to arena. AGAIN, I'm not saying that I'm any good at the game, but in arena you could pretty much be CC'd to death. Being a force master myself, I could just refrigerate my opponent to death. BM's had block every second, not saying you can't damage them, but it was very frustrating to do so. The arena itself was very frustrating, while the combat system was great. Another great thing about PVP in this game is that you had combos. The bad thing is that everyone is a one trick pony (not the developers' fault, but it's annoying). Also, I feel like the whole goal of the game was to get you into PVP or PVE. In my opinion, the game was built to be an e-sport. That's (again in my opinion) not what an MMORPG should be. The leveling in the game was repetitive and boring, and to me it felt like it was only meant to give you XP and get you to the level cap so you can get the more useful spells, apart from the storyline quests. I think they honestly put the story into the game so you don't get bored killing thousands of mobs, doing thousands of dungeons and collecting thousands of useless items.

The gear upgrade system is absolutely great, but it has no value when arena stats are equalized.

Again, this was all my opinion, and again, I'm not saying that I was any good at the game, but I am saying that it just doesn't feel right and that it was fun while it lasted. 

You should really try to tweak your build yourself , don't use the preset builds they are utter garbage . The changes only helped FMs to deal with Summoners , everything else was a nerf regardless of what people think . But these buffs and nerfs effect the top tier players only and for the most part . The avarage players (  your avarage NOT pro player k) won't be impacted as much .

1 hour ago, zoot494 said:

But let me get this straight, you watched the videos, didn't like the game, played the game, didn't like it, and posted that you didn't like it. Literally, why? Why do you think anyone gives a shit?

I think you misunderstood me, I brought YouTube up as an example. Also, I wrote at the very beginning that this was my personal opinion on the game. If didn't care about it, you should not have read it at all, I've said that before. I don't think you really understand the concept of opinion in general. 

1 hour ago, Shorsh said:

write 5 page essay on why he's leaving... doesn't actually leaves... stays and argues with people on forum.

I'm not really arguing with anyone, and the reason I stayed and took my time to discuss this was me being interested in the individuals such as most of the people who replied to the thread trying to prove me wrong by calling me inexperienced, not understanding the game, etc. This discussion has lost it's point already, now I'm sticking with the thread just to see how many people misunderstand what I was trying to say.

1 hour ago, Profyrion said:

Game has been out 3 weeks and the first major content patch in you're already threatening to leave.

I wasn't really threatening, I was pointing out why I think the game is bad. For the millionth time, I made the thread to express my own opinion.

Archived