Time to go

Brokenloth

=PERSONAL OPINION WARNING!=
   Okay, since the release of the game I've tried pretty much every class, and pretty much the only one I liked was FM. I've leveled the class, played some PVP and never really played only frost or fire. Now, I haven't played yesterday when the new update came out, but when I logged in today this "training" screen welcomed me. All the talents I had were erased, changed, and meta was pretty much forced down my throat. I haven't played too much today, but from talking to a force master in my clan I found out that picking one of the two (frost/fire) will give you more damage. So basically, if you want to do more damage, you can't mix it up, you either have to be frost or fire. So, I went back to my talents, picked the "arena" path, tree, whatever it is, went into arena, and it sucked balls. I'm not saying I was highly ranked, nor that I was a pro at force master, but I felt like I could do whatever I wanted with the talents I had at my disposal. Now, again, I'm not saying you can't choose the path you want, but doing more damage just because you play one single "spec" is stupid. 

Now, all the above made me think. "What else is wrong with the game in my opinion?" -Let's get back to arena. AGAIN, I'm not saying that I'm any good at the game, but in arena you could pretty much be CC'd to death. Being a force master myself, I could just refrigerate my opponent to death. BM's had block every second, not saying you can't damage them, but it was very frustrating to do so. The arena itself was very frustrating, while the combat system was great. Another great thing about PVP in this game is that you had combos. The bad thing is that everyone is a one trick pony (not the developers' fault, but it's annoying). Also, I feel like the whole goal of the game was to get you into PVP or PVE. In my opinion, the game was built to be an e-sport. That's (again in my opinion) not what an MMORPG should be. The leveling in the game was repetitive and boring, and to me it felt like it was only meant to give you XP and get you to the level cap so you can get the more useful spells, apart from the storyline quests. I think they honestly put the story into the game so you don't get bored killing thousands of mobs, doing thousands of dungeons and collecting thousands of useless items.

The gear upgrade system is absolutely great, but it has no value when arena stats are equalized.

Again, this was all my opinion, and again, I'm not saying that I was any good at the game, but I am saying that it just doesn't feel right and that it was fun while it lasted. 

It's hard to word it without sounding rude but... If you and others are leaving the game why post it on the forum, why not just leave?

Is it in the hope someone will convince you to stick it out longer or do you need some kind of acknowledgement that it's the right thing to do?

3 minutes ago, Houlon said:

It's hard to word it without sounding rude but... If you and others are leaving the game why post it on the forum, why not just leave?

Is it in the hope someone will convince you to stick it out longer or do you need some kind of acknowledgement that it's the right thing to do?

Seems that if you have an IQ above a shoe, you don't need to be told why.

Expressing your dislike can bring about change. If you just walk away, they'll never know what may need attention. 

Why the hell do you think a company like Blizzard and many others have exit polls?

/dur

No, I'm not trying to get someone to convince me to stick to it, nor I need any kind of acknowledgement. This is what forums are for, people sharing their opinions so the developers can make their game better. At the start of the post you saw the "warning", and if you didn't care about what I had to say, you didn't have to take your time and read the text. 

Second reason I wrote the text was, you know... Just because I can...

I hope I enlightened you.

screen welcomed me. All the talents I had were erased, changed, and meta was pretty much forced down my throat. 

You can still customize it to the way you want it, you know that right? Its for people who get confused on what they should build etc.. you don't HAVE to build that particular way.

I found out that picking one of the two (frost/fire) will give you more damage. So basically, if you want to do more damage, you can't mix it up, you either have to be frost or fire

Idk why, but to me that kinda  is a given... lol, that if you spec more into one side than the other (damage or party protect/control) you'll get different outputs and each one is better for different situations. 

picked the "arena" path, tree, whatever it is, went into arena, and it sucked balls.

As stated, fix your tree you don't HAVE to go with that, maybe  you're not use to the new skill sets? and maybe you just gotta get a little better, did you rank up? Are you silver or gold? Cause if so that may be a difference as to why you "sucked" maybe you're against more talented players (not meaning to be rude.) 

The bad thing is that everyone is a one trick pony (not the developers' fault, but it's annoying). 

Lol nooo they really aren't... if you played enough you'd know that. 

Also, I feel like the whole goal of the game was to get you into PVP or PVE

as you can do your tree and edit it any time, you can do both. 

The leveling in the game was repetitive and boring, and to me it felt like it was only meant to give you XP and get you to the level cap so you can get the more useful spells

Isn't it in almost every game? Go do this, go kill that, yada yada yada its pretty well the same stuff... So that complaint to me is a little invalid. However and  your other point in here about the lvling up to get better spells... is that not the point of leveling up? to get better...to get better skills? so you can improve your lvling? and get exp to do so? 

ink they honestly put the story into the game so you don't get bored killing thousands of mobs, doing thousands of dungeons and collecting thousands of useless items.

Once again... is this not the reason for ANY mmo to have a story? 

Anyway If you're quitting, have a good one, have fun finding a game that meets your "standard" 

:) Once again this is my opinion, and I am just giving you something to chew on. 

I never use the recommended builds on my FM. Never have never will. I build it based on my play style of what I like to use and it works fine. 

If you honestly don't like the grindy factor of MMO's I'd honestly say that maybe MMO's aren't for you. Since majority of all of them have some type of grind to them. 

17 minutes ago, Houlon said:

I've only heared one semester of marketing but the worst case could happen to a company is customers leaving without leaving a single clue why. Also one customer leaving loudly means there's always a population of the same customers leaving without putting down an opinion in the forums. Because - why even bother investing 5 min of text into something you won't even touch again? This is why companies often have options/text fields/whatever to leave an opinion upon quitting. 

"I love you NCsoft" threads have not much value to the company - it just states that you're doing everything right. No danger. Having multiple "I quit because/This one is awry .." threads have very much value to the company as they get a real feedback. Danger could be imminent. And if the game's turnover is going downhill and management after some months suddenly discover that there have been consistently "I quit because" threads going on without actions, guess whose head gonna roll ...

But I only heard basic marketing at university, someone working in that field may give you a better explanation.

8 minutes ago, Brokenloth said:

It's not my problem that you were unable to read what was written at the start of the topic.

Edit: Was meant for Mr. Illiterate up there

My point is that it sounds like 99% of your problems come from you not being good, and don't actually relate to the game. 

2 minutes ago, Celestine said:

I've only heared one semester of marketing but the worst case could happen to a company is customers leaving without leaving a single clue why. Also one customer leaving loudly means there's always a population of the same customers leaving without putting down an opinion in the forums. Because - why even bother investing 5 min of text into something you won't even touch again? This is why companies often have options/text fields/whatever to leave an opinion upon quitting. 

"I love you NCsoft" threads have not much value to the company - it just states that you're doing everything right. No danger. Having multiple "I quit because/This one is awry .." threads have very much value to the company as they get a real feedback. Danger could be imminent. And if the game's turnover is going downhill and management after some months suddenly discover that there have been consistently "I quit because" threads going on without actions, guess whose head gonna roll ...

But I only heard basic marketing at university, someone working in that field may give you a better explanation.

This would be true, if any of his problems actually related to the game. His problems stem from him not having enough knowledge of the game and its skills or mechanics, not the actual game itself. 

1 minute ago, zoot494 said:

My point is that it sounds like 99% of your problems come from you not being good, and don't actually relate to the game. 

Again, not my problem that you're unable to read what was stated multiple times in the text. I never said I was any good, but I did say it was my opinion

Just now, zoot494 said:

This would be true, if any of his problems actually related to the game. His problems stem from him not having enough knowledge of the game and its skills or mechanics, not the actual game itself. 

Pretty much this the knowledge is very easy to find if you want.

Just now, Brokenloth said:

Again, not my problem that you're unable to read what was stated multiple times in the text. I never said I was any good, but I did say it was my opinion

It is your problem. You are blaming the game for your own incompetence. This is like going to a TV store, buying a TV, and then screaming at the people who sold you the TV because you don't know how to change the channel. You are claiming the TV is broken because you don't know how to change a channel. The TV is actually in perfect working condition. You just have to learn how to use the TV. 

Just now, Celestine said:

I've only heared one semester of marketing but the worst case could happen to a company is customers leaving without leaving a single clue why.

Every day NC is made aware of issues and why people aren't happy about the game...majority of those aren't I'm quitting related they are actual concerns by people who are sticking it out in hope for something to be altered... I agree they need feedback but they need it from current players to keep them playing not ones who have already decided to leave so soon after launch as there is obviously nothing currently in the game that is worth keeping them playing.

My reply wasn't questioning the whole "why are you posting your opinion" it was why bother saying your leaving...If you leave then you won't benefit from anything if it's changed.

1 minute ago, zoot494 said:

It is your problem. You are blaming the game for your own incompetence. This is like going to a TV store, buying a TV, and then screaming at the people who sold you the TV because you don't know how to change the channel. You are claiming the TV is broken because you don't know how to change a channel. The TV is actually in perfect working condition. You just have to learn how to use the TV. 

I never once stated that the game is broken. I said it felt broken and that I didn't like it. I get it you like the game, our opinions are different, I don't get why you feel forced to call me a noob, I've said that myself.

2 minutes ago, Houlon said:

My reply wasn't questioning the whole "why are you posting your opinion" it was why bother saying your leaving...If you leave then you won't benefit from anything if it's changed.

For the good of the gaming community as a whole.

I've read about his skill problems. This would be a decision by NCsoft we don't know of - whoever population group they target. Most MMOs follow the simple "Easy to learn. hard to master". Usually MMO devs build up a system where the e.g. casual gamers can take part in the easier dungeons/content and get a equipment level which allows them to participate in group activities (PvP, PvE, whatever).

However, BnS endgame is hard PvP. There's no soft entry like equalized PvP, objective based PvP where the unexperienced players can be used to handle objectives like e.g. shooting cannons. So I can't say much about BnS idea how to categorize from casual to hardcore players. Pass. 

1 minute ago, Brokenloth said:

I never once stated that the game is broken. I said it felt broken and that I didn't like it. I get it you like the game, our opinions are different, I don't get why you feel forced to call me a noob, I've said that myself.

For the good of the gaming community as a whole.

I never even stated I liked the game, I'm still experimenting with it myself. You aren't understanding what I'm saying. I'm not calling you a noob or insulting you. I'm explaining to you WHY you feel the way you do. You feel it is broken because you don't know enough about the classes or how to play them. If you would like the game to not feel broken you have to learn more. I don't understand how you can say you don't like a game when you don't have the knowledge to play it properly. It's like saying you don't like driving manual shift cars, but you don't know how to drive one. How can you know whether you like it or not if you don't have the knowledge to even try to drive it properly?

Just now, zoot494 said:

I never even stated I liked the game, I'm still experimenting with it myself. You aren't understanding what I'm saying. I'm not calling you a noob or insulting you. I'm explaining to you WHY you feel the way you do. You feel it is broken because you don't know enough about the classes or how to play them. If you would like the game to not feel broken you have to learn more. I don't understand how you can say you don't like a game when you don't have the knowledge to play it properly. It's like saying you don't like driving manual shift cars, but you don't know how to drive one. How can you know whether you like it or not if you don't have the knowledge to even try to drive it properly?

Shouldn't have used the word noob, you never said that, you said I wasn't good. From what I could read it seems like you do like the game and try very hard to point out that the game is good, and I'm not. At least that's my opinion, and opinions is mostly what forums are for. I don't really need you to explain to me why I feel the way I feel, unless you're a psychiatrist willing to give me a free session. The game itself could never really draw me into learning more about it because everything but the combat felt boring. I've never learned all the classes nor ever tried learning them because it was dull right off the bat. I can say I don't like the game just from watching YouTube videos, it has nothing to do with learning the classes. This post was meant to be a way for me to express MY OWN OPINION (Jesus, I have to ctrl+c this) on the game. I was interested to see who had the same opinion as me, or a different one. It seems that, for the most part, I only fed the trolls. (Not saying you are one.)

I said the game works, regardless of your opinion on whether it works or not. Your opinion that it doesn't work is uneducated. That's literally all I said.

But let me get this straight, you watched the videos, didn't like the game, played the game, didn't like it, and posted that you didn't like it. Literally, why? Why do you think anyone gives a shit? Not everyone is going to like every game, but why do you think anyone gives a shit that you don't like it?

Archived