NOT BLADE DANCERS!!! PVP ARENA 1v1

Zenryu

As the title says, this topic focuses on fighting agaisnt blade dancers. i dont know about you guys but i am having hard tine agaisnt those, specialy when they tab, nothing passes through, i am an agressive kind of a player, I think the destroyer itself is an aggressive character to play, but playing aggressively agaisnt blade dancers isnt realy effective so i tried to play deffensive but didnt go so well. I win around 1/4 matches agaisnt blade dancers and i want at least to win my half mathes agaisnt them. If anyone has some tips/tactics/miracles or whatever please share it with me and the rest of the destroyers. Thanks in advance.

not at all mate my keyboard is brand new, in fact i used caps in the title to attract more people to my topic which as i see it worked quiet well as for the insults ,  this is how i express myself adding the f word everywhere just like british people but you dont need to worry about that it was replaced by cricket as you see.... now to remain on topic, what do you do against these crickets, share some of your knowledge sifu remlnx guru of correctional comments

Well all I know is that they nerfed our stun times so  it's gonna be even more difficult, best thing you can do is find a BD friend and practice by sparring each other, this is probably the best way to learn your counters even tho our class has been given nothing but the BD's have been "adjusted"

Blade Dancers are like Destroyers focused on DPS (on steroids might I add), putting us at a natural disadvantage if we blow our CC and escapes carelessly. The advantage we have is the fact that they think we will be a walkover, and tend to be more reckless with their attacks, at least in the first round. 

Against them, I use a Piledriver build, focused on doing as much as possible and keeping them in the air as much as the possible to minimize their damage. With that said, they will be able to escape your first few holds, so always be prepared to dash back or Hurricane out of the way once they do, to prevent them from gaining momentum. If you wish to go for the animation cancel build, you will have to lure or carry them to a corner or edge  to make tech follows more predictable. 

Things to look out for:

Vortex - Functions the same way as our Hurricane, just a tad less damage. This means that they can either spec into 400% defense, or more commonly, the 0.5s parry.

Guardian Tempest - Visualised as a lone floating blade sword circling around their body. Lasts for 5 seconds, this essentially will make them iframe every single thing you do on them. When this happens, move away. Usually popped after recovery from a CC state and in close proximity of you, so they can use their other skills with little worry.

Flock of Swords - See swords flying around them? Lighting striking you from the heavens? RUN.

Remember to watch his force choke like a hawk. When he starts spawning blades (which he often will do immediately), hit 2 to plant his face in the ground. It's one of the few non-finishers which can be countered. Also consider smacking iframes for his blade toss, because that's a huge part of how he keeps his chi stocks up, and it penetrates deflect and block. You can usually get 20-30% out of your iframes if you use that, or at least get him to waste Guardian Tempest and/or Second Wind.

If you're having a lot of trouble, you might find yourself enjoying the utility of a defensive build in the short term. Persistence with stun/daze break will let you avoid more high-damage combos. Once you get better, go back to Fury, because Persistence is garbage at high-level play except vs. KFMs and their stunlock spamstorm.

Cancers and force masters, rest is more or less managable with good pings/lucky timed f presses :).     With fms i dont think i won a single fight in gold for 2 weeks, AS bms its about the same.  Spin spin spin . Air combo . flock of swords .  Guardian tempest. Spin spin spin . Air combo . repeat untill win unless they *cricket* up or i manage to hit them with 4 or land a stun somehow between spins. I have no clue whats so ever how to deal with that crap :).   Frankly no chances beating fm's and little chance on beating cancers made me roll a summoner on who i can relax when i feel i am about smash keyboard into wall from running into them all the time.

This is not how aggressive or defensive that class is , this is how u play the game and upgrade ur skill to the new lv. Sometimes u need to play aggressive if they dont have they tab sometimes u need to play defensive if u have in mind that they have skills up which can open their combo.

So to be honest there is 2 exactly nightmare dps combo which can really kill u or deal insane dps to u, if u don't have ''escape'' for that

1. Is the stunlock combo with lightning build if u see that they gonna stun u and change their stance into draw stance (lightning stance) don't hesitance and wait for the second stun just get out of there as fast as u can cuz their lightning stance have 36s CD, if they use it and didnt deal any dps to u they will lose alot of dps

2. Is the phantom grip combo if u couldn't countered their soul stab and they got it success on you. just Tab to get out of there cuz it can be follow up with 2 very very nightmare dps skills (1 is the lightning that hit u from the sky and 1 is many swords that fly around u)

As their aerial combo deal very little dps, All BD when they gonna use their aerial combo on u cuz they just want to bait ur TaB. after that they will follow up with ether stunlock combo or phantom grip combo.

PS! not so many BD in higher rating like over 1900 use Phantom Grip combo cuz it got very easily to countered

On 2/14/2016 at 7:16 AM, PsychoticFlamez said:

Pvp against a blade master is easy. Skill 1 Drag Pierces parry, and brings them to you. Skill 2 grab and immediatly initiate slam with a 10% def debuff, then without hesitation activate fury and animation cancel cleave. that blade dancer is dead before 6 secs pass. this goes for everyclass.

Hes complaining about blade dancers not blade master so not only is your post useless but I'm sure people are tired of you posting a silver ranked destroyer from a different patch level in multiple threads.

Heres some tips.

1. If they have a sword floating around them they're CC immune just spin or kite.

2. If you spec 1 for aoe pull/daze it will pull them out of their spin if you use it after the first .5 secs of their spin your Z specced into weapon throw will also do this.

3. If you see them SS its a good time to charge and Q spin on them while they can't get away

4. When they spin just spin back on them

5. If they sit there and spin on you a lot feel free to pop fury and just spam damage on them you'd be surprised how many sit there and get half their health knocked away.

6. Try to get a grab on them early so they blow their aoe knockback and move from there

7. The only two things you should tab escape from are either their grip or after they do their air combo and you're getting up they will stun you into a harsh ani cancel nightmare. I prefer to save it for that later as it does a lot of damage.

I'm only around 1700 for this season so far but hopefully that helps at least give you an idea of how to build some counters.

Y

11 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

Hes complaining about blade dancers not blade master so not only is your post useless but I'm sure people are tired of you posting a silver ranked destroyer from a different patch level in multiple threads.

Heres some tips.

1. If they have a sword floating around them they're CC immune just spin or kite.

2. If you spec 1 for aoe pull/daze it will pull them out of their spin if you use it after the first .5 secs of their spin your Z specced into weapon throw will also do this.

3. If you see them SS its a good time to charge and Q spin on them while they can't get away

4. When they spin just spin back on them

5. If they sit there and spin on you a lot feel free to pop fury and just spam damage on them you'd be surprised how many sit there and get half their health knocked away.

6. Try to get a grab on them early so they blow their aoe knockback and move from there

7. The only two things you should tab escape from are either their grip or after they do their air combo and you're getting up they will stun you into a harsh ani cancel nightmare. I prefer to save it for that later as it does a lot of damage.

I'm only around 1700 for this season so far but hopefully that helps at least give you an idea of how to build some counters.

You know whats funny, you say its irrelevant but I say otherwise, I reached gold today after 10 matches 7 win 3 loses with my exact strategy. Sounds like your too full of yourself buddy. I mention my strategy works against every class blade dancers esp, Burn their escapes, Grab, slam, fury, cleave/wrath animation cancel=Win 76% of the time, My statistics prove your wrong. but you have some good tips, although you should naturally figure it out for yourself.

7 hours ago, PsychoticFlamez said:

Y

You know whats funny, you say its irrelevant but I say otherwise, I reached gold today after 10 matches 7 win 3 loses with my exact strategy. Sounds like your too full of yourself buddy. I mention my strategy works against every class blade dancers esp, Burn their escapes, Grab, slam, fury, cleave/wrath animation cancel=Win 76% of the time, My statistics prove your wrong. but you have some good tips, although you should naturally figure it out for yourself.

If you're playing against a descent BD or BM not only will not be able to grab them because of flock of blade but your opener wastes all of your CC and easily countered by both of these classes. Then you have to hope they don't just F roll out of your slam cause you spent all your CC trying to grab them (which you won't). Its a shit strategy against experienced players. You can also make it to gold with just Q, tab spin, and grab.

10 matches does not make "statistics"

On 14.2.2016 at 2:16 PM, PsychoticFlamez said:

Pvp against a blade master is easy. Skill 1 Drag Pierces parry, and brings them to you. Skill 2 grab and immediatly initiate slam with a 10% def debuff, then without hesitation activate fury and animation cancel cleave. that blade dancer is dead before 6 secs pass. this goes for everyclass.

Blade Dancers, not Blade Masters.

1. Destroyers love starting the fights against me with Drag. Pretty sure it doesn't get through Guardian Tempest (5 seconds, 5 hit & debuff immunity), though. A good way of getting caught in a stunlock.

2. I'm always very careful about Destroyers and F-escape, Y-escape or Tab-escape (in that order) when I have the feeling they'll try to anicancel me.

Every Destroyer and their mothers do it, who the hell would let you knockdown into anicancel?

Archived