Sin vs FM help

jimbology

So, I've had a pretty hard time figuring out this matchup on my own since I've seen so few FM's in silver/gold through preseason, can anyone tell me what the ability or debuff is that prevents me from using shadow dash/stealth 3, and what the cooldown is? I know it procs on hit, but I just don't know what it looks like if it's a buff or what the debuff looks like so i can time things like turning leaf + sd combo for when it ends. Thanks!

It could be the Chill debuff, which effectively doesn't have a CD. I heard that it cancels movement abilities. Although I am an FM, I am still not 100% on that.

Our other 2 skills it may be is Snowball which cancels defensive skills on a 24 second CD (I don't think your skills count as a defense though). Or possibly Frost Tornado although the recent change in the description makes me doubt what it actually does. If I understand right, it cancels all offensive and defensive skills for 4 seconds, on a 30 second CD.

Okay. I think I know what frost tornado looks like, It must be the chill debuff. Do you know what causes it? That might be the one that stops me from turning around and stuff, i usually drop smoke bomb over that so i don't get nuked, or 3 out of it if i'm in stealth and he doesn't move out of the way fast enough. I've got a level 15 FM, I think i'll just have to read the talents, i think it has to be something along the lines of "prevents movement effects for x seconds," but the biggest problem i have is knowing how long it stops movement effects for because many times i've screwed myself by using turning leaf then not being able to shadow dash because i have that debuff >.<

Other than the previous skills I mentioned, we have the Chill and Freeze debuff. What I know, Chill slows your movements, and "apparently" you cannot use any movement skills while chilled (so no Shadow Dash). Then we have Freeze which roots your character into place, and you are not able to turn around while frozen. Freeze happens after an FM hits you with a 3rd stack of chill. As for what skills chill... you might as well consider every ice-looking ability (exaggeration), but in general, our RMB chills.

We do have a few skills that outright freeze (stacks 3 chill instantly if you want to think of it like that) but if memory serves, their lowest CD is 18 seconds. You can break out of freeze or remove the chill stacks by [SS].

Archived