Current class numbers in gold+ disgust me

Michieltjuhh

6 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

and you REALLY think that Summoner's being able to bug a skill to give their pet extra HP makes that much of a difference? News flash, no it doesn't. If you can't beat a summoner, you can't beat a summoner. Either you're the type to practice and find out how to beat them, give up and accept that you can't beat them or waste time on forums bitching about balance. Which one are you? I've also played CN/TW versions of BnS for a couple years, played alpha, played beta. I'm not new to it either. The only "broken" aspect of a summoner is being able to hide behind their cat's target box (even still there are ways to overcome this). Yeah, I don't care to focus on arenas because I have a job, I have a wife and other things that are more of a priority than a silly pvp icon/rank. What's your point? You must be so hardcore. You go all-out because that little icon next to your name (or rank, whichever type you are) means everything, doesn't it? It justifies your existence. It's okay, I won't take that away from you.. but don't doubt my knowledge/experience because I sit at a rank that I don't care to take any further. I have friends in Plat/Diamond and we spar frequently. Summoners, Destroyers, Blade Dancers alike. They don't always beat me and I don't always beat them. Blade & Soul's pvp is based on skill. Nothing more, nothing less. Guess what factor(s) KR B&S takes into account when they make balance patches? The performance of these pro-like players in tournaments. Not the whining/speculation of the lower-ranked players.

Who are you to rate others interests in the game? No one cares about your wife. You should leave those details out here, especially if you try put yourself over others. You know it sounds so desperate to justify your poor pvp rank with that kind of argument, if you dont care about pvp leave the pvp disscussion to people who actually care.

So you say summoner gets 3 Skillpoints more doesnt make any difference? Thats not true it actually does make a difference.

The game is based on skill? LOL. The game is based on the classes. And there is always the effort you put in the class and what you can achieve with it. So what does your phrase "its based on skill" tell us? Yea nothing. Emtpy phrase completly useless like all your arguements.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Who are you to rate others interests in the game? No one cares about your wife. You should leave those details out here, especially if you try put yourself over others. You know it sounds so desperate to justify your poor pvp rank with that kind of argument, if you dont care about pvp leave the pvp disscussion to people who actually care.

So you say summoner gets 3 Skillpoints more doesnt make any difference? Thats not true it actually does make a difference.

The game is based on skill? LOL. The game is based on the classes. And there is always the effort you put in the class and what you can achieve with it. So what does your phrase "its based on skill" tell us? Yea nothing. Emtpy phrase completly useless like all your arguements.

No one cares about my wife? I care about my wife and I am most certainly someone. Someone you acknowledge? Probably not in any other case, nor do I care whether or not you acknowledge me as someone. However you did care to acknowledge me in this thread.

Not once did I say I don't care about pvp. I said I don't care about my rank. I guess your reading comprehension level is that of a first grader in the midst of a temper-tantrum.

Hm.. Let's analyze this real quick, "This game is based on the classes and the effort you put in the class and what you can achieve with it." This sounds a lot like the skill you develop with whichever class you're playing. Hm..... Need I say more?

Also, those 3 skill points really don't make a difference because there's still players that beat Summoners consistently even with the exploit and as I already mentioned, this game's balance patches are based on the performance of top tier players in tournaments. Not the whiny low-tier players bitching about balance on the forums. NCwest is following the KR balance patches.

6 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

No one cares about my wife? I care about my wife and I am most certainly someone. Someone you acknowledge? Probably not in any other case, nor do I care whether or not you acknowledge me as someone. However you did care to acknowledge me in this thread.

Not once did I say I don't care about pvp. I said I don't care about my rank. I guess your reading comprehension level is that of a first grader in the midst of a temper-tantrum.

Hm.. Let's analyze this real quick, "This game is based on the classes and the effort you put in the class and what you can achieve with it." This sounds a lot like the skill you develop with whichever class you're playing. Hm..... Need I say more?

Also, those 3 skill points really don't make a difference because there's still players that beat Summoners consistently even with the exploit and as I already mentioned, this game's balance patches are based on the performance of top tier players in tournaments. Not the whiny low-tier players bitching about balance on the forums. NCwest is following the KR balance patches.

And your interpretation level and understanding are those of a first grader of course you care about your wife, but why bring it in blade and soul forums lol?. My english is not the best, obviously not, its not my mother language. No i didnt talked about the skill you develop, again firstgrader level of understanding.

You did link social status to your pvp rank, does that mean everyone above gold doesnt have a wife and a job? Or what was that agruement for?

Yea you mentioned blancedpatches. The game as it is now was never like this in korea, we have blance patches for lvl50 content. first level grader level of understanding! And first grader level of arguements, like insults, social status = pvprank, more insults. Your wife must be a dragon if you have to insult on forums just like this (thats your niveaulevel or argumentation).

3 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

And your interpretation level and understanding are those of a first grader of course you care about your wife, but why bring it in blade and soul forums lol?. My english is not the best, obviously not, its not my mother language. No i didnt talked about the skill you develop, again firstgrader level of understanding.

You did link social status to your pvp rank, does that mean everyone above gold doesnt have a wife and a job? Or what was that agruement for?

Yea you mentioned blancedpatches. The game as it is now was never like this in korea, we have blance patches for lvl50 content. first level grader level of understanding!

My point in mentioning that I have a wife, a job and other concerns is exactly that. I am not concerned with a pvp rank. Yes, you spoke directly to the skill you develop with your class. "The game is based on the classes and the effort you put in the class and what you can achieve with it." THIS IS CALLED SKILL DEVELOPMENT. Again, we are following the KR balance patches. They implemented the current balance state to jumpstart the NA/EU versions as there are A LOT of balance patches.

"The game is based on the classes and the effort you put in the class and what you can achieve with it."

there is no process descriped. If i have a skill level of 5 i can unlock 80% of summoners potential.

If i have a skill level of 5 i can unlock 50% of a kfms potential.

No process descriped here. No development.

And if the game is fair its balanced on class potenial for the pros, and somewhat balanced on "skill as descriped here" for the majority of people.

So 3 skillpoints makes it harder for other classes to beat summoner this is the difference. No one said he got unbeatable because of that. But it makes the effort for everyone else to beat it higher and because of this its wrong to say it makes NO difference. Beating summoner is allready hard enough. Oh why cant you understand that? Great you have other concerns, everyone has that. That doesnt mean focussing on the competitive part of the game is impossible.

PvE in this game is a P2W Glory hole, the only thing this game has 'maybe' going for it is arena and even that is getting crapped on.  Too many Summoners, the balance is absolute trash until 50 and we have to wait far to long for that.  Gee, I wonder where all of this drama is leading, never seen a game have problems like this before lol.. ;)

Just now, Cetra said:

PvE in this game is a P2W Glory hole, the only thing this game has 'maybe' going for it is arena and even that is getting crapped on.  Too many Summoners, the balance is absolute trash until 50 and we have to wait far to long for that.  Gee, I wonder where all of this drama is leading, never seen a game have problems like this before lol.. ;)

I remember one game with as many issues and it was call age of conan .. NOW it's issues went the exact same BUT it had as many problems of different sorts ..

I kind of liked the game after the initial 3 years or so and they fixed AoC but by then it was all but dead.

2 minutes ago, Cetra said:

I have: Basically ever mmo there is/was.

1 minute ago, Kensho1996 said:

I remember one game with as many issues and it was call age of conan .. NOW it's issues went the exact same BUT it had as many problems of different sorts ..

I kind of liked the game after the initial 3 years or so and they fixed AoC but by then it was all but dead.

Just now, Waynedetta said:

I have: Basically ever mmo there is/was.

Sad but all too true guys.  I'm sure some people will argue that we're just being negative but we're just being real.  Disappointing.

I dont mind the "p2W" aspect of this game. Imo the pve content is not hard, so there is very little advantage in upgrading gear faster trough $$$. Also it takes away the only pve goal. Summoner beeing op is disscussed alot as you see. Imo they are a little over the top. if you take a look there are 4 Summoners in top 10, could be worse.

25 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

I dont mind the "p2W" aspect of this game. Imo the pve content is not hard, so there is very little advantage in upgrading gear faster trough $$$. Also it takes away the only pve goal. Summoner beeing op is disscussed alot as you see. Imo they are a little over the top. if you take a look there are 4 Summoners in top 10, could be worse.

no the reason there are 4 summoners in top 10 is that they are the most popular class (sarcasm)

BD and summoner are at present over the top compared to other classes .. 

upside IF they do this the same way as most MMOs 3 to 6 months from now all these over achievers who think they are awesome in PvP because they are using classes that are way too easy and might be op will be whining when they start getting face rolled as a "balancing" nerf comes into play ..

IF I can't get things to go a bit better in PvP and if the hacks don't stop I will have to read it in the funny papers as I am already looking for something else

Theres black desert coming isnt it? But to be honest, hacks, inbalance, spambots, bots there is no mmo, and especially no new mmo without those problems. Just look at the most succsessfull mmoprg on the market. Its there for how long? 11 years? Has it solved all those problems? No it does not. New Hacks will appear, new glitches and bugs will be found. New bots will be invented. There is no stopping it, they can only try to fight it. Its like crime, you cant stop it you can only fight it.

2 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

yes, no one cares about your wife. truth be told we have zero, factual evidence she exist. And isn't a lie or fabrication of your own mind. Because at the end of the day, you're just a face behind a screen. A nameless entity, cruel but true. If she does exist good for you for caring for her, however I have and everyone else here has no reason to care. Wishing her harm would be messed up, however wishing neither good nor Ill is whatever, because again your happiness has no bearing on our own lives, or gaming experience. 

Good to see people are more interested in challenging the idea of Rox's wife than actually discussing Summoner mechanics in this thread.  That's about par for the course around here when you have no idea how the class you hate even works.

2 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

Good to see people are more interested in challenging the idea of Rox's wife than actually discussing Summoner mechanics in this thread.  That's about par for the course around here when you have no idea how the class you hate even works.

Hey its Rox's internet Lover. nice of you showing up to defend your owner again. Your devote loyalty is admirable and cute. Assuming you aren't his wife, you two would make a great couple. 

23 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

Hey its Rox's internet Lover. nice of you showing up to defend your owner again. Your devote loyalty is admirable and cute. Assuming you aren't his wife, you two would make a great couple. 

I don't know why you'd make that assumption.

From the personal observations of an FM currently unable to escape Silver:

If I run into a Blade Master, I might as well walk away from the keyboard, the ability to 100% parry counter every attack I have, and approach+auto-combo 25% of my life back to back for even a lowly skilled BM means this match-up is almost a guaranteed loss.

If I run into an Assassin, I have a 95% chance of never even seeing my opponent as s/he takes me apart. They have so many disengages into stealth, and I do not have remotely enough control, especially when my only spammable non-targeting skill requires i hit them dead on at point blank while they're stealthed (and either right behind me or kiting me to fast to hit em), when they can stun me from out of range. Opinion: FM has no means to deal with one other than the assassin making a bad move and countering with impunity.

If I run into a Blade Dancer I have about and 85% chance of getting killed in the first exchange without ever getting a shot off, and this is because they have too many knockdowns, that I have no answer to as an FM. I literally end up CC locked from 100-0 if the BD knows the skill build against FMs. For those BDs NOT yet aware of how to auto-win against FMs, I still have to deal with their spinning parry-counter stuns (which, for the record, really make no damn sense, you hit a fireball with a sword, you might disperse it, but send it back at me to stun? BS) their auto-combo this, like BMs, strip me of 25% health in one go, and yes, the over-abundace of both CC, and CC escapes.

If I run into another FM, I'm currently more likely to lose than to win. I don't use what now appears to be the standardized lock to the ground, move 15% out of the aim range while the enemy FM is planted, and *cricket* their face skill build (and honestly haven't figured out how to replicate it on my own yet, which is more than mildly aggravating) though these are always long drawn out fights because of the frost sheath/divine veil/Frost armor intermissions multiple times each round, in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT. these battles take forever, and rarely feel rewarding to experience, win OR lose.

If I run into a Destroyer, I've got ~ a 70% chance of winning, regardless of their skills set, simply because of cool locking out their approach skills. Otoh, I've had not one but two matches made memorable by my destroyer opponent managing to curb-stomp me in less than 6 seconds from their initial stun-lock.  Awesome to watch, but painful on my pride. I just hope those two shot right up to diamond and I never encounter em again. for the rest of em though, destroyer really doesn't have anything to survive with if they blow their initial face-load into my frost armor, spin to win be damned.

If I run into a KFM, I've got around a 90% chance to win. It requires I avoid all of their approaches, and maintain a well times divine veil to mitigate heir damage at close range, but i can usually put them down in the first usage of it each match. however, if they grab me even ONCE, I'll see a 15 second long string of air-juggles followed by ground pummeling, leaving me with less than half life. the rule here is avoid contact outside of the optimal setup, and evade until you get there. This is made worse by being able to use their freeze defense against em.

And finally! If I run into a Summoner! I've got a 95% chance of simply kicking their asses from start to finish. Simply put, the FM is currently the single worst match-up for the Sum, both from the existance of Divine Veil seriously breaking Sum from doing any damage, to wrecking the cat while in that sheath, to finally hunting the um down while they frantically try to stealth and run, which because most of thier skills pull them from stealth (atm) makes for swift, merciless killings. seriously, if you are always losing to Sum's as FMs, you need to respec, as FM,s can stand still and wreck them atm.

Unfortunately, almost every single encounter I have against a summoner, KFM, or even a destroyer, seems to be followed by 2-3 matches with BMs and assassins, with a DB or two for irony, so even making it to Gold feels like a long shot to me, with this constant 1 step forward, two or more steps back based almost exclusively on my opponents class, and one horribly timed crash. I figure I'll do this commentary again for every class I try to get to gold or higher, so next up, my third toon, but second to cap.

Next time from a venting player: Summoners, and. "Why is everyone using Super Sunflower when Rumblebees can instant cast for free as a crit?"

Time to revive this thread. I got bored, had some spare time and decided to level a Summoner. I rolled my head over the keyboard really hard and reached (currently) 1817 pretty much straight away on hitting 45 (went around 10-0 before reaching 45 to do dailies for sweet beans). Current stats are 29-6, one loss due to the disconnects today. Meanwhile my Blade Master, the class I feel I actually know how to play unlike Summoner which I literally just leveled and made a half-assed talent page on, is still struggling to reach 1800.

I can only imagine that Blade Dancer is just as faceroll as Summoner to reach this rating on. The class is imbalanced. Sort it out.

Fun fact: I'm rank ~400 as Summoner while being rank ~1000 overall (Europe). 40% of the top 1000 is Summoners. I'd guess another 40% is Blade Dancers.

Edit: I forgot to mention that leveling just involves mashing LMB and RMB over and over. Same thing applies to arena, though.

21 minutes ago, Michieltjuhh said:

Time to revive this thread. I got bored, had some spare time and decided to level a Summoner. I rolled my head over the keyboard really hard and reached (currently) 1817 pretty much straight away on hitting 45 (went around 10-0 before reaching 45 to do dailies for sweet beans). Current stats are 29-6, one loss due to the disconnects today. Meanwhile my Blade Master, the class I feel I actually know how to play unlike Summoner which I literally just leveled and made a half-assed talent page on, is still struggling to reach 1800.

I can only imagine that Blade Dancer is just as faceroll as Summoner to reach this rating on. The class is imbalanced. Sort it out.

Fun fact: I'm rank ~400 as Summoner while being rank ~1000 overall (Europe). 40% of the top 1000 is Summoners. I'd guess another 40% is Blade Dancers.

Edit: I forgot to mention that leveling just involves mashing LMB and RMB over and over. Same thing applies to arena, though.

I hear ya.

Only 10 BM's in the top 500. Too many Summoners to count in the top 500. 

Well, I did say I would come back once I tried on another toon. Now I kinda regret it.

I made it to gold in a perfect 10-0 run as a summoner. I lose match 11... to another summoner. Balance? what balance< I regularly start a match with the the melee evade into stealth, get an almost guaranteed knockdown and pounce with my cat, and have drained my opponent of 2/3rds their life in the first 10 seconds of the match. this is followed by 10-30 seconds of me walking backwards while still sniping for the win. This is some BORING shit here. And I'm not even USING sunflower as my damage dealer like almost every sum I've seen does. When i finally get the rumblebees skill book out of  I might even be able to win before they get the cat off that first encounter. this is NOT well designed.

Considering it took close to 60 matches for me to do it as an FM, constantly getting matched against Sins,BMs and BDs? Not hard my ass. and even then I have a loss ratio still, not a win ratio. That there are class matchup (for every class mind you) that are essentially guaranteed losses unless you're skill is literally godly at silver tier even at lvl cap shows just how unbalanced things really are.

Archived