wtf is this venomous thrasher bull shit?

BestCatGirl

Goes untergetable and throws poison shit that deals 8k damage per tick for like 10 or more secs (forgot to check), has an aoe attack that took me down from 39097hp to 711 hp and if that wasn't enough he also somehow healed back from 1.3mil hp back to 1.9mil when there were still people alive. 

??

Also wtf am i suppossed to do with those guns on the ground? shoot the little green things? it only targets the boss so wtf are they for?

2 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

Really it only took me 10 seconds to realize you use the guns to break the eggs with the close range attack they have.

so i have to be close to them? because i tried attacking them with the gun and it would always shoot the boss. 

Also the average person will instantly think of shooting the eggs with the gun if it took you 10 seconds to realize that you're really dumb. gj your attempt at being a smartass made you look dumb.

3 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

Really it only took me 10 seconds to realize you use the guns to break the eggs with the close range attack they have.

Peculiar game design.  Leading players to do one thing, but requiring them to do something different.  If I'm given a gun, I'd expect I need to do some long range attacks on something.  I've got other weapons (say, big stinking axe) for close range.

*Note:  I haven't done any of the content in question, I have no idea how natural the "use guns to whack things for the win" solution is, but it *sounds* pretty absured.

The first thing I did was to shoot the eggs. I saw it do no damage so obvious that wasn't it, then I tried the other attack option and it destroyed it instantly. ez pz.

After the eggs were gone I saw everyone else spam gun on the thrasher while he was on the ceiling... dunno if that's what you're meant to do but I followed and eventually he got down.

Some bosses aren't immediately obvious what you gotta do but I mean this person is having trouble with the basics of this game's targeting system if he can't target the eggs.

Stay outside of the poison on the ground. As for the poison he shoots... idk I tanked it just fine.

I heard if you stand in green pois... positive circles you get 1000000000% damage and crit buff with 1000000000000% piercing and 100000000000000000000% crit damage.

sarcasm please don't stand in poison circles.

1 hour ago, BestCatGirl said:

Goes untergetable and throws poison shit that deals 8k damage per tick for like 10 or more secs (forgot to check), has an aoe attack that took me down from 39097hp to 711 hp and if that wasn't enough he also somehow healed back from 1.3mil hp back to 1.9mil when there were still people alive. 

??

Also wtf am i suppossed to do with those guns on the ground? shoot the little green things? it only targets the boss so wtf are they for?

Don't press LMB to shoot the eggs, press 1.

5 minutes ago, BestCatGirl said:

just got it now and it does wonders. 

for those who don't know siren belt gives you immunity to the cunts red aoe

Wow! That explains why nothing happened after that big Red AoE!

I was like: wtf??

40 minutes ago, Drew said:

I was wearing my siren belt rank 10 and the aoe red crap was one shotting me, belt did nothing.

The roar works in combination with the egg debuff.  If you have the debuff and get hit by the roar it "detonates" and does massive dmg (usually kills you in 1 shot) and if you dont have the debuff it puts a heavy poison DoT on you.  Poh bopaes for resist or party immunity skills do the trick here.  Mechanics are rather simple once you learn the pattern (like most bosses)

On 2/11/2016 at 3:29 PM, Teiji said:

I think they changed the Siren Belt. It doesn't give immunity to the roar anymore. You have to have 3 pieces of Poh bopaes if you want immunity to aoe roar, or just use your own iframe skills.

Don't be affected by the poisons and you'll be immune to damage from the roar.

On 2/11/2016 at 4:18 PM, deadmesa said:

Guns are supposed to break the eggs? They literally do nothing every time I've played.

Boss is ez as shit besides that phase, though. AoE is slow enough to SS but I'm BM and can block it.

click 1 to break the eggs, LMB to shoot at him.

On 2/11/2016 at 8:21 PM, BestCatGirl said:

??

1. Do dps

2. he jumps you grab a gun and use the Skill , hot key 1 to break eggs  if you get oozed on go on top of a water vent till it's off 

3. Shoot him with RMB with gun equipped

4. Rinse repeat

Game over

5 hours ago, Pepperino said:

Don't be affected by the poisons and you'll be immune to damage from the roar.

click 1 to break the eggs, LMB to shoot at him.

Yeah figured that out now lol derp for not looking at the skills bar

These bosses are stupidly easy. Artificial difficulty in their health bars.

Wanna know a trick for thrasher, just have a ranged person get aggro then run to the other end of the pit, thrasher will only spit venom at them and not attack anyone else.  If the ranged tanker loses aggro all they gotta do is run back get some hits in to get aggro again, then run back to other end of pit.  Easiest way to kill thrasher if you wanna be lazy about it.

no. do not wear a siren belt.. wear a volcano offering belt with 29 damage reduction.. people just don't seem to realize siren belts are useless.. whats abit of HP and HP regen in combat going to do for you? when a boss stomps you, 25k HP gone, compared to a 29 damage reduction belt you take around 4k ~ 5k dmg instead

Archived