Summoner = Ranger from GW2

Schuldig

Spam defensive skills, spam spam 1 button, get carried by pet.

There is SOMETHING WRONG when Jaesung, a world champion, is getting beat by a (or is sweating because of a) random summoner. He legitimately lost to a random summoner on stream. You can say 200 ping oh wow that's a big handicap, but when someone with 4 years of experience and possibly has an idea on how to bypass ping issues is getting beat by this class then THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

Are you for real? It must be hard to play one of the most mechanically retarded classes on a 1v1 fighting game. Must be hard getting pampered by mommy and daddy irl too, sigh.

1 hour ago, Waynedetta said:

ok but if he gets beatn by something else its ok? Summoners cat has been nerfed this patch just kill it now.

I just feel like I have to point out that at no point in time ever ever ever have ranger pets been useful in GW2 lol. Especially not to the extent of these furry *cricket*ing cats that live to claw peoples faces off!

wrong quote GG

6 minutes ago, Asildriez said:

I just feel like I have to point out that at no point in time ever ever ever have ranger pets been useful in GW2 lol. Especially not to the extent of these furry *cricket*ing cats that live to claw peoples faces off!

wrong quote GG

Not really defending it as I wondered about the summoner myself (and only don't play it as they seemed almost too easy/didn't like class (prefer melee just seems flashier)/and hate being a lyn all the time

BUT pet classes have always been and issue .. the players gains access to an alternate character in effect ... they can either make it gimpy and then in PvP players laugh and ignore the pet OR they are so powerful it is painful beyond belief ..

Tbh I don't really care if they don't change anything, it's more of the fact that Summoners DO NOT have a right to complain when they lose OR celebrate when they win in PvP. Same BS with Rangers tbh but when something is legit braindead it gets defended by talentless people anyways so w/e.

Literally, at least Destroyer has to "tech-chase" or hit through Knockdown > (enemy) F at high tier of play. What does summoner do again? Spam 1 (or LMB/RMB w/e, because Spam 1 is the same thing as auto-attacking in GW2), get carried by pet, spam defensive skills when I get close.

You don't deserve to brag about anything when you play a skill-less class. Because calling it skill just means you're a talentless loser IRL as well.

9 minutes ago, Schuldig said:

Tbh I don't really care if they don't change anything, it's more of the fact that Summoners DO NOT have a right to complain when they lose OR celebrate when they win in PvP. Same BS with Rangers tbh but when something is legit braindead it gets defended by talentless people anyways so w/e.

Literally, at least Destroyer has to "tech-chase" or hit through Knockdown > (enemy) F at high tier of play. What does summoner do again? Spam 1 (or LMB/RMB w/e, because Spam 1 is the same thing as auto-attacking in GW2), get carried by pet, spam defensive skills when I get close.

You don't deserve to brag about anything when you play a skill-less class. Because calling it skill just means you're a talentless loser IRL as well.

The problem IS that it was designed to be and "easy" class and therefore it makes PvP easy .. while highly complex classes are getting owned simply because the other class IS easy ..

To fix this issue I think they would need to tear the whole game apart and even then you never get a "balanced" game .. I have played MMOs since Genie (which was a text based MuD/MMO and most MMOs since UO and EQ 1 came out) and there is always at least one class that will out preform another until it is nerfed to uselessness and then it will be rebuffed to the point where it is OP again ..

I will always say a pet class like the summoner (or hunter in WoW .. or the Mage in EQ) are INCREDIBLY hard to NOT make OP .. the extra sprite just makes it SO hard ..

Not that this makes it better BUT this is what i think about it ;( 

16 hours ago, Kensho1996 said:

The problem IS that it was designed to be and "easy" class and therefore it makes PvP easy .. while highly complex classes are getting owned simply because the other class IS easy ..

To fix this issue I think they would need to tear the whole game apart and even then you never get a "balanced" game .. I have played MMOs since Genie (which was a text based MuD/MMO and most MMOs since UO and EQ 1 came out) and there is always at least one class that will out preform another until it is nerfed to uselessness and then it will be rebuffed to the point where it is OP again ..

I will always say a pet class like the summoner (or hunter in WoW .. or the Mage in EQ) are INCREDIBLY hard to NOT make OP .. the extra sprite just makes it SO hard ..

Not that this makes it better BUT this is what i think about it ;( 

Well you said it. You're bad and thus you can't beat it. Think it's easy having 1 mobility skill? Summoner is so retardedly easy to kill once you learn how to play against it. You should try it sometime.

18 hours ago, Schuldig said:

There is SOMETHING WRONG when Jaesung, a world champion, is getting beat by a (or is sweating because of a) random summoner. He legitimately lost to a random summoner on stream. You can say 200 ping oh wow that's a big handicap, but when someone with 4 years of experience and possibly has an idea on how to bypass ping issues is getting beat by this class then THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

Are you for real? It must be hard to play one of the most mechanically retarded classes on a 1v1 fighting game. Must be hard getting pampered by mommy and daddy irl too, sigh.

So let me si if i've got this right. 

You're saying that Ranger from Gw2 was... OP? wow. haha. holy shit, you're stupid! It was AND is the worst class in the entire game for pvp. 

And you're also saying that if someone beats Jaesung their class should be nerfed? Do you not see how completely retarded this logic is? Holy *cricket*, try learning how to play a game before you cry about it. 

On 2/11/2016 at 4:59 PM, Schuldig said:

200 ping handicap is HUGEEEE, and he plays his alt DS when he plays on NA, had he been on his FM he may not have lost a game lmao.

40 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

Did you... did you play GW2?  Because if you had, you wouldn't be comparing Summoner to Ranger.

Your credibility is seriously in question.

Also, sometimes pros get beat.  See:  

Sometimes you lose.  And it's no big deal.

Doesn't matter, same garbage. Ranger is the same braindead piece of trash that Summoner is. And even though it's so true between the two games, you're literally saying my credibility is bad when all I did was say that oranges are orange?  You must be brainless Ranger main tbh considering you kinda got triggered when I said Summoner is the same easy mode BS as Ranger.

There is NO ARGUMENT saying that Summoner takes skill. THAT is the point of the thread, I'm not asking for nerfs, all I'm saying is Summoners don't have a right to brag or complain or tell people to learn to play like that one biased idiot on the other thread.

If that triggers you so bad then you have such a low IQ that you wasted time getting triggered for nothing. All I did was state an absolute truth ROFL. I bet you get triggered when people say apples are red, like holy hell rofl.

And it's hilarious how people think their so high and mighty on a skill-less class when in reality they're bad at everything that they do. Just check out the guy who made a post about telling everyone to L2P even though they main summoner LMAO biased trash.

So if Jaesung loses once to any class (while having ~200ms ping), that class is OP?

Sounds more like you needed an excuse to make another Summoner QQ thread.

Just keep telling yourself it's the game's fault.

I'm sure no one has ever beaten a Summoner ever.

If it were, it would imply that the other player would have to work and think around the match-up to win. And we know that can't be done. Silly of me to even bring it up.

56 minutes ago, Schuldig said:

Doesn't matter, same garbage. Ranger is the same braindead piece of trash that Summoner is. And even though it's so true between the two games, you're literally saying my credibility is bad when all I did was say that oranges are orange?  You must be brainless Ranger main tbh considering you kinda got triggered when I said Summoner is the same easy mode BS as Ranger.

There is NO ARGUMENT saying that Summoner takes skill. THAT is the point of the thread, I'm not asking for nerfs, all I'm saying is Summoners don't have a right to brag or complain or tell people to learn to play like that one biased idiot on the other thread.

If that triggers you so bad then you have such a low IQ that you wasted time getting triggered for nothing. All I did was state an absolute truth ROFL. I bet you get triggered when people say apples are red, like holy hell rofl.

And it's hilarious how people think their so high and mighty on a skill-less class when in reality they're bad at everything that they do. Just check out the guy who made a post about telling everyone to L2P even though they main summoner LMAO biased trash.

I heard you like triggers, so I triggered your trigger while triggered after you triggered my trigger.

And I do love when people say they only stated a true thing, on the merits of the fact that they stated the truth, and their truth is truth.  Everyone else is mad, or stupid, or dumb, or angry, or #triggered.

Also, you could probably get some tips on weaknesses from Summoners, if you could muster the character fortitude to talk to them instead of talking down to them and ignoring everything they say.  Or just avoid any/all games with pet classes.

And yeah, Bearbow was braindead trash.  It was also actual trash in any kind of PvP.  Otherwise, Rangers weren't braindead whatsoever.  I can't think of a class you could have been that should have had any trouble with them.

Oh and that chess analogy was sick btw, don't you know how bad that was and how that "Screwed over your credibility"? This game isn't PERFECTLY BALANCED. It's an IMPERFECTLY BALANCED GAME that became worse because they chose to buff a class that doesn't require "tech chase" or juggling and just auto-attack spams you to death if the pet becomes reliable for some reason.

If Summoner required you to tech chase and juggle people from 100-0 without having reliable ways to land auto-attacks, then that Chess analogy would have made sense. But okay, keep getting triggered though. Absolute truths must be hard to accept XD

TL;DR Summoner is an easy mode class, DO NOT try to prove otherwise. That's all I'm saying, I'm not asking for nerfs.

P.S Calling the color red blue is bad.

On 2/11/2016 at 8:02 AM, Waynedetta said:

ok but if he gets beatn by something else its ok? Summoners cat has been nerfed this patch just kill it now.

sorry to break your heart. but the nerf on cats in only affecting PvE. and not PvP.

I just want to roll this out there.

Ranger in gw2 was one of the very few professions left that weren't babysat by mechanics introduced in HoT,  they didn't get given anything on a golden plate and had more going against them then they did for them, they had 1 pet which on F2 did a lot of damage to a player who cannot learn to move, that was about it. it was in no way a "brain dead" profession cannot even be called to be the representation when u have Scrappers and Reapers being handed free boons with huge damage and Huge survivability that was of permanent access to them.

I think u'll find even Jaesung agreed in a chat, the Summoner is only Easy during the beginning curve of the pvp system when players havnt learnt how to counter or learnt other classes abilities, as he stated "easy in low ELO harder to use in high / End ELO players even put playing the Summoner properly is harder then the Assassin, its just the mechanics babysit bad plays unlike the assassin so u don't Need to be good at it.

its a MMO, I'm sorry but no class is Realistically "hard to play" that concept died along time ago, every class now is a few hours of Figuring out Combos and Abilities and memerising what those skills do and how they benefit you, to bring "skill level" into a conversation on a class is absolutely moronic.

Learn Skill doesn't come from How good u are or how hard u consider ur class to be (btw class difficulty is completely opinonated therefore can never be factually stated) but actually from how well u can play against every match up and how u deal with being put against your counters as a whole.... MMO pvp is ALOT More then simply the class u play. its obvious how u see the summoner so "easymode" cause u throw nothing but Low ELO out.

Archived