WHAT HAPPENNED TO MY CHARACTER

Dasom

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue isn't what looks better.

The issue here is that character appearances were changed without the prior knowledge or consent of the players.

My character was changed too.

Does it look horrible? No.

Is it my character? Not anymore.

I created that character in the appearance that I, the player, wanted.

My character's appearance was changed without any warning, consent, or prior notice.

The end result is that I'm left with a character that looks SIMILAR to the character that I had initially created but the fact remains that these changes make it something different than my original creation.

If the character's appearance was changed (for better or for worse) due to an oversight by NCWest and through no fault of my own, why should I be the one shelling out money to fix it?

I spent ages spotting the difference in the face LOL and thought wtf looks the same, only to realize it was only the top of the head/hair that got changed ages after.  Well it was coned/eggheaded before and they fixed it to be more normalized but I guess you guys designed your characters around the elongated head shape, so to be fair NCsoft should give u appearance change vouchers for that...

Same here. I'm well aware at how the face looks with different hairstyles but I intended to use THIS one. Now it's pretty much ruined.

vSMTRg7.jpg

15 euros is simply too much to drop on a character alteration in the first place and I certainly won't do that for a change they made, and especially because there was no information readily available to us beforehand that indicated that the original appearance was "bugged"

This is quite unfortunate.
On one hand, I am happy they fixed that hairstyle, because the giant head it created was terrible. On the other hand, I of course fully understand the people that built their characters face around that hairstyle that made the head so long.

I do think, that everyone who used that hairstyle, should receive a free character alteration voucher. As it was never officially mentioned that the hairstyle wasn't done correctly. Even if it was obvious that it looked off, nobody knew it might actually will be fixed.

Besides that, I want to reassure everybody, that nothing on the characters actual appearance was altered. They only shortened the forehead length of that hairstyle. And imho I think all of your characters still look very good if not even better with the normal sized head now!

Also, to the OP, the "bald" spot was always part of the hairstyle.

Oh damn..

For once I'm glad we still don't have access to the warlock, I've been working on her preset for the past few weeks, there's always something to tweak, and all of those tweaks were taking into consideration that one hairstyle... I guess it's time to work on that preset once again >________>.

7 minutes ago, Eckin said:

NCSoft really dislike being transparent about what they do. This is possibly the third 'stealth change' that wasnt in patch notes I've seen tonight.

Really lame.

And the worst is they don't communicate at all. Can we expect a gesture from them in that they will offer an alteration voucher to all affected characters? Or are they the kind of company that basically doesn't care whatsoever and we'll all have to shell out 15€ to fix their mistake? It's anyone's guess at this point.

5 minutes ago, Aisuga said:

And the worst is they don't communicate at all. Can we expect a gesture from them in that they will offer an alteration voucher to all affected characters? Or are they the kind of company that basically doesn't care whatsoever and we'll all have to shell out 15€ to fix their mistake? It's anyone's guess at this point.

well they have until the 18th to figure it out in my case.

In my case everything is even worse.
I just payed for the appearance change voucher 2 days ago. So i basically payed for that hairstyle how it looked before(bugged or not), without any info on my hands that it is going to change.
So 2 days later, i have something completely different from what i payed for. 

Ok, I understand the frustration of the ppl that built their character "based" on that hair, but please STOP saying the face changed (it didn't, it did not, not a bit, 0) or even the boobs!! for the love of god they only FIXED the hair, whether you like it or not it was wrong and needed to be fixed! And I can't stress it enough, It needed to be fixed, like anything that's broken, or not working as intended, and while they should inform you when they are going to replace an item or make a change that they would see more convenient, they don't actually need/have to inform you about "fixing" any part of the game content that is not working properly.

I am sorry that you picked that specific hair, but again, this is nobody's fault. So wait on a replay for your ticket instead of keep ranting here, it is not productive at all.

Actually, I think it's a possibility that someone might see it here and actually bring it up to someone else in the company. Since clearly none of our tickets are even receiving a refusal, we may as well try here and hope to garner some attention about this little problem.

Bye now.

4 hours ago, Teshy said:

This is the response i got from support today

So, pretty much... Yeah no, you aint getting shit, go *cricket* urself.

Got the same response.

[removed: do not post personal account/ticket information]

Archived