WHAT HAPPENNED TO MY CHARACTER

Dasom

6 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

On the first page, there is a "sticky" about dupliacted posts that i think most ppl dont even bother in reading.

You don't need a new thread to get more evidence, you just need more ppl posting in the first one, not repeating threads.

The hair couldn't stayed like that because as I said, it was wrong from the beginning.. the base of the hair was extremely longer it didnt even look normal at all, I was gonna take screenshots to compare with the rest and send it but then I just got lazy and figured they will fix it anyways.

And they did..

Now all you can do is send a ticket explaining you based your character head on that hair style and "maybe" you'll get a voucher, but let me tell you, that you should have CHECKED the way your character look with diff hair styles after you were done making the face to make sure all the shapes were ok, you would have noticed your face was too wide then. Why checking with different hair styles? because we get many hats and adorments in game, that change the way the hair looks.

They fixed something that was wrong, and I'm sorry for all of you that "adapted" the face to go with the hair, but that's nobody's fault.

sorry  didnt know forums had specific rules LOL and im also sorry for not knowing how the original hairstyle looked like, i liked the hairstyle so i chose it ( it was big and fluffy that made my character look somewhat cute).  im not a dumbass of course i checked all the other hairstyles, If i'm going to make a complaint about a hairstlye why wouldnt i have checked the other hairstyles? As you can see i'm very picky with my character and have countlessly deleted many but i ended up with this one so i maxed it out.

tldr; I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS BUGGED SO PLS REVERT IT OR SOMETHING.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

Ok let me explain this before we keep getting more duplicated posts, because OP "Dason" already posted here First post but decided it was necesary to open a NEW thread on the matter...

Faces and skins tones DID NOT CHANGE. NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT.

Now, this is what happened. That specif hair style was one of the new ones we got on release (along with the new hair colors) I liked it but I did not use it because the hair looked "wrong" you didn't need to have an eagle's eye to see that the hair was almost twice "longer" than normal, and making your head look like freaking 3 mts long. Now they fixed the hair to look normal, and hell i love it.

The problem is, the ppl that "based" their head/face on the old hair, most likely made the faces a bit "wider" to balance the head overall appearance, and now, with the fix, their faces "look" wider than normal

I'd accept that explanation, if putting a hat on didn't change the face back to how it used to look.  As such I'd have to argue that the conehead look, however stupid it looks to you/me, is most likely the correct look, and the current squashed version that mashes the face, is the bugged look.

I'd strongly suspect that if you did burn an alteration voucher, and swap to any other hairstyle, the face would go back to looking "correct".

more technical:  I expect most hairstyles have identical "bones" (and geometry) for the face, so when you adjust on one hairstyle, you get the same looking face on all the others.  This hairstyle they decided was fubar, but instead of changing just the hair geometry and then re-weighting the bones to the new geometry, they simply modified the entire head geometry.

3 minutes ago, GnatB said:

I'd accept that explanation, if putting a hat on didn't change the face back to how it used to look.  As such I'd have to argue that the conehead look, however stupid it looks to you/me, is most likely the correct look, and the current squashed version that mashes the face, is the bugged look.

I think the hat making it look "normal" is just because with a different hairstyle there's no point of reference back to the "right" face. Have you overlaid them to see if the face is different? Specifically on Teshy's post, where post screenshots are directly head-on, the face looks like it'd be pretty identical if you overlaid them. It only appears different overall because the height of the hair is different, so it makes the second head look more squat.

16 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

Now all you can do is send a ticket explaining you based your character head on that hair style and "maybe" you'll get a voucher, but let me tell you, that you should have CHECKED the way your character look with diff hair styles after you were done making the face to make sure all the shapes were ok, you would have noticed your face was too wide then. Why checking with different hair styles? because we get many hats and adorments in game, that change the way the hair looks.

They fixed something that was wrong, and I'm sorry for all of you that "adapted" the face to go with the hair, but that's nobody's fault.

You would have a valid point if one or both of these were true:

1) They mentioned at any point during the character creation process (or during the first 5 levels) that some items change the hairstyle of  your character. A new player would likely have no knowledge of any of this.

Or

2) along with sample outfits and poses, they also offered sample face and head adornments and even sample class weapons. Better even would be if they integrated the wardrobe previewer in its entirety.

16 minutes ago, Redmonster said:

I think the hat making it look "normal" is just because with a different hairstyle there's no point of reference back to the "right" face. Have you overlaid them to see if the face is different? Specifically on Teshy's post, where post screenshots are directly head-on, the face looks like it'd be pretty identical if you overlaid them. It only appears different overall because the height of the hair is different, so it makes the second head look more squat.

sadly i can't overlay pictures like that since i have never screenshotted my char as close as she did before patch props on her tho :x but here's a closer comparison.

kijkrgg.jpg

on top of that, here's a beautiful side of the changes

5ptpTIV.jpg

... you don't need the entire wardrobe to tell.

When I made my character I was going to chose this hair because I saw it on the stream before release, BUT let me tell you how I make my characters because I am VERY picky too.

I choose whatever hair style that leaves the face completely clean, if she can be bald, then even better! It's like a blank page to work on. AFTER I'm done, I start trying out the diff hair styles to see which one I like the most. When I tried this one, I realized right away it made my forehead 3 foot long alien style, so I went with another hair.

On a side note, and I am not being sarcastic at all, I like your character now better than before, look at that last pic that you just posted, don't you see how long your head is in the first one? that doesn't even look natural! it's like an egg face ._.

and I don't mean to offend you..

IMO they should allow anyone lv 15 or higher with that hair style to modify their face once for free.

My character that have this hair is only 6 so I don't care. I can just wait 5 minute and change it but for people with high level it's stupid.

Using the same hairstyle and her head is too small now compared to her body frame. She looks completely off. Give an appearance voucher to anyone with this hairstyle, we'd never have designed it that way had the change been there from the start.

that is not slightly off.. its way off.. if you spent a good amount of time getting a char the way you like, then log in one day and its different no matter how small people from outside think it is,... to you (the person that spent the time creating it) it is completely ruined.vdWWrG6.jpg

left is the new version right is the old.. with the patch my head is now too small for my body type.

9 minutes ago, Tsono said:

that is not slightly off.. its way off.. if you spent a good amount of time getting a char the way you like, then log in one day and its different no matter how small people from outside think it is to you (the person that spent the time creating it) it is completely ruined.

left is the new version right is the old.. with the patch my head is now too small for my body type.

Actually, I like the left version more (I mean the hair, not the skin color)

14 minutes ago, Xiuyu said:

Actually, I like the left version more

Thank you and i really mean it but not to be rude.. that creation is not mine, it is the byproduct of them fixing the hair model.. i can not be proud of it.

nor do i personally like it.

16 minutes ago, Tsono said:

that is not slightly off.. its way off.. if you spent a good amount of time getting a char the way you like, then log in one day and its different no matter how small people from outside think it is,... to you (the person that spent the time creating it) it is completely ruined.

ugh atleast you look good regardless. 

I'm hoping ncsoft is hearing us outt im like happy im not the only one oml

Personally, I liked the longer looking head. I wanted my girl to look "creepy". Now its more "kawaii" and round.  This is the head I wanted:

301fe814415805033a575773a6f27c45.png

Its not about what other people think looks better, its about the look that I choose in the first place.  Head shape aside, no one wants to be sporting a bald spot.

1 minute ago, Dowra said:

Personally, I liked the longer looking head. I wanted my girl to look "creepy". Now its more "kawaii" and round.  This is the head I wanted:

301fe814415805033a575773a6f27c45.png

Its not about what other people think looks better, its about the look that I choose in the first place.  Head shape aside, no one wants to be sporting a bald spot.

If it makes you feel any better she still looks creepy af! :)

2 minutes ago, Dowra said:

omg this is what i was trying to comprehend 

9 minutes ago, Whimsicalalien said:

If it makes you feel any better she still looks creepy af! :)

Thats her old look(well edited the best i could to match the old look)<3 But I guess her new blad spot does make her look creepy i a way I didnt intend ;o;

4 minutes ago, Whimsicalalien said:

The bald spot looks like a hair parting that wasn't done very well, doesn't really look like a bald spot though.

Either way, its not  visually appealing ; ' ( Oh well. Lucky for me, she was low level so redoing her wasnt a big deal. I woulda been pretty butthurt if it was my main.

Archived