I need to know if Summoner tank nerf was intentional.

LittleBubbles

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO they want us to actually play with more skills. Hiding behind an AI 24/7 just plain defeat the purpose of having other defensive skills like seed shroud. Other classes have to depend on timing and iframes while SMN can just press 1 button and stands there dpsing.

For all who are like ''summoner is now balanced'' that's not the discussion here.

This thread simply asks if it was intentional because it did not read on the patch notes.

It was a surprise for a lot of summoners who went in game after reading patch notes and learned the changes.

Started to do our daily dungeons yet the cat does not do what it used to do.

Therefore a lot of people were confused for what is going on.

Of course people want answers when their class changes without a notice.

Imagine a class who would rely heavily on a stun for example and all of a sudden the stun is gone without 

a notice. What does this person feel? Probably confusion just like summoners did when the cat did

not tank as it used to. Simples.

Just an answer if this is gonna be how the cat will act from now on or is it a bug will

ease our minds for sure. I personally don't care about the change, but if it is intended,

I'd like a confirmation just like other skill changes were mentioned on the patch notes. :)

Honestly the changes with the cat taunt makes summoner a tad bit harder which was needed imo since before you were able to faceroll through any dungeon with taunt. Also with F7 i try to knock him down with V + TAB combo and snare him with 1 you should be taking little damage by doing this.

4 minutes ago, Kanella said:

Honestly the changes with the cat taunt makes summoner a tad bit harder which was needed imo since before you were able to faceroll through any dungeon with taunt. Also with F7 i try to knock him down with V + TAB combo and snare him with 1 you should be taking little damage by doing this.

the problem here is half the time he just ignores the cat taunting in general, while i do knock him down and such any time i try to taunt with the cat even right next to me he just ignore it and guns for me. After the recent patch the taunting mechanism is being very very finicky about how it works and when it works, it also would have been really really nice if they included it in the patch note(such massive changes need to be noted otherwise shit like this will happen)

2 minutes ago, Demise said:

If they said it's a known issue, then that means it's a bug and will be fixed, right? This wasn't an intended change?

It seems so. I really hope its purely bug. Im not playing summoner but friend of mine is and we're doing duo dungeons and well now with those problems he lost interest to play

I'm making it work, the tank thing is kind of doable for solo play at least, just because I can manage to kill most things while they are still grouped up before they kill me. I've definitely noticed the lack of self healing with doom and bloom only healing from one target, though. I've started taking true friends heal instead of the invuln frames because it's basically the only self heal that we have that's decent now?

I'm wondering more about grasping roots attack. Last night when i did Jinghado grasping roots were keeping him pretty much stuck every time and i had a nice combo of grasping roots then anklebiter. Tried again today and grasping roots hasn't kept him in place once. I just love sprinting around the arena since kitty can't tank him to save my life anymore.

well, only thing to make me believe it was not intended is the fact the skill tool tips were not changed, but saying that the way this team is managing the game, that could be a mistake, Losing faith alot in this team, seriously thinking of going back to CN servers full time, server is 5000 miles further away but game is 100% smoother and no stupid random lag spikes.

Archived