cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

How many of you summoners posting here can remember being in a group and thinking WTF would they do if i didn't have my pet to tank... well now we know.... they die like flies.  I ran the new 4 man last night multiple times and the ONLY group that could do it was 3 summoners and a force master.  Everything else died in no time.  As others have posted this is not about pvp its about pve and really with the pet change and with the FM changes summoner is a sub par caster class now.  

So lets look into fixing the pet and or get verification that it was an intended change and everyone can settle down.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tested the healing of Doom and Bloom and it doesn't seem nerfed. Still same dmg, 100% heal, still heal outside of circle, still heal pet. Why do you guys believe it's nerfed? It does say only 5second however. The debuff of poison is 10sec. Might be where the nerf is coming from.

For the pet... I kinda agree towards the nerf. It would make sense someone that uses taunting skills could still agro from the pet from time to time. However, I been testing the taunt in a raid and pet had no problem stealing agro still. She does loses agro instently has the taunt is done. One problem I ran into was that even tho I had 15 people with me, the next person to get agro after my cat was done taunting was me. Which was quite problematic in BSH24. However I do am happy that you actually have to do something other than Q and DPS now.  It was kinda a bummer I didn't had to use my dandelion ever unless I felt like getting focus. Now it's actually a challenge to solo an instance.

Also... people needs to learn how to evade on their class too :/ I always seen the cat tank as a safety net. Shes very good at taking agro back. If people still die in the 4 second its down.. theres a problem and it's not you.

While playing last night I saw plenty of occasions where a trash mob ran past my taunting cat and attacked me. RAN PAST my cat. My usual start for a trash mob fight would be to send in my cat, press V then C, wait a sec then press Q to taunt, this keeps them busy while I pile on additional damage from afar. Last night the knocked down foes were getting up, RUNNING PAST my cat and attacking me, they totally ignored the taunt and I was standing at almost max attack range so couldn't really be any further away.

I can't believe this is a nerf, I think instead the skill was broken by something in the patch yesterday.

Pretty sure this is a bug. The pet is only taunting for 3-4 seconds but stays in crouch for the whole 8 seconds. This means we draw aggro super fast and also lose DPS from the cat just sitting around doing nothing for another 4-5 seconds. That cant be right.

Looks like Doom & Bloom isnt healing as it should either. Please send bug reports/post in the bug section of the forum if you also notice these things.

2 minutes ago, Bruceleet said:

Pretty sure this is a bug. The pet is only taunting for 3-4 seconds but stays in crouch for the whole 8 seconds. This means we draw aggro super fast and also lose DPS from the cat just sitting around doing nothing for another 4-5 seconds. That cant be right.

Looks like Doom & Bloom isnt healing as it should either. Please send bug reports/post in the bug section of the forum if you also notice these things.

I tested it doing solo piggy, I was not stealing agro till the 8 second was over. Is was only instently coming to me after she stoped taunting which wasn't happening before patch. Even tested with a treath bracelet. There must be something wrong in your skillpage if you're drawing agro so fast. There are skillpoints that removes generated agro.

Its undeniable.

1. Doom n bloom heal definitely nerfed.

Very noticeable since I tested at the same mobs/area where I was at prior the patch. Even if I lure a lot of mobs inside the AoE.

Stayed there for like 20 minutes just to confirm the observations. 

2. Cat aggro doesn't last the whole 8 seconds.

Suggestion for NCSoft:

Please post a complete changelog of the patch, or at the very least confirm if the changes are intended or not.

I was wondering what happened that enemies kept running after me even if I let my cat taunt. Weird. Really hope we hear something from NCSoft on this matter cause I'm not sure if it's a nerf or a bug but the skill desc. doesn't seem to have changed at all :'<

1 hour ago, Zakaru said:

Yeah let me get right on teaching thousands upon thousands of people all over NA and EU how to tank.

Also if you're taunting blackwyrm you're an *cricket* that's killing everyone and if you're perma taunting ogres without recalling your cat so the roar doesn't go off you're doubly an *cricket* that's killing everyone.  In no way does that help anyone, including you.

I don't taunt neither of those and as someone who died in blackwyrm several times due to bad summoners taunting I also think those who do should die in a hole.

But taunt has its uses when KFM/BM feels like they don't want to tank (90% of the time) or when neither of them is in the party.

I still don't understand why people are having trouble with a minor change to the taunt. It goes to show that a lot of people relied on it too much and just need to pretty much L2P.

Just pretty much solo'ed Fleet Supply, half of the Harbour and pretty much just smacked down the 7th floor boss for the 2nd time, all with these "nerfs", which people are saying have been placed onto us Summoners.

5 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

I still don't understand why people are having trouble with a minor change to the taunt. It goes to show that a lot of people relied on it too much and just need to pretty much L2P.

The problem is this was a ninja nerf, an uncocumented change or a bug.Monster won't attack the cat even during the taunt duration,again, go watch a summon playing on any other region,were this isnt an issue.

I've played BM and FM so i don't know if i'm in a position to give my opinion but i will anyway. So, in a lot of MMOs, some bosses have "aggro reset" though i'm not exactly sure how it'd fit in here. Also, does this loss of aggro happen for every boss or just this boss in particular? If it's just this boss, my guess would be that it's just a feature with this boss alone, just as some bosses are difficult for melee especially and some are especially difficult for FMs. Maybe this one is designed to be a pain in the butt for Summoners? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I don't need to watch other regional videos, because unlike most of you I'm not making a bit fuss about it.

Sure it does sound like a possible bug or an undocumented change to the class. However; my cat will go in and taunt for the full 8 second duration and, then the boss/mobs will come to me after those 8 seconds have finished. I throw out my root and then repeat with my taunt afterwards.

Some people just need to adjust to a small change, but others act like they've been shot.

1 minute ago, Bananaz said:

I've played BM and FM so i don't know if i'm in a position to give my opinion but i will anyway. So, in a lot of MMOs, some bosses have "aggro reset" though i'm not exactly sure how it'd fit in here. Also, does this loss of aggro happen for every boss or just this boss in particular? If it's just this boss, my guess would be that it's just a feature with this boss alone, just as some bosses are difficult for melee especially and some are especially difficult for FMs. Maybe this one is designed to be a pain in the butt for Summoners? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

It's happening with every single enemy, even enemies that worked fine before.

The changes we got are the same changes Korea got on December, which are these and they do not mention anything about changes to taunt or doom and bloom http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/2/

12 hours ago, Bazroz said:

funny thing cause whenever a summoner is in a party for dungeons 9/10 times the cat is the one doing the tanking, yet everyone is complaining that when soloing the summoner is "op" but when in a party the summoner is a god send ,much hypocrisy

ahaha while that cat aggros terrors for big AOE. i dont care about your cat in dungeons i can tank my self well and dash short bursts with BM. i dont care about your cat.though its fcking annoys me in BW and terrors .... GODSEND-huh get off u high horse . i dont need vermilion to do double red AOE attacks who does 30-40k dmg on me becouse cats aggros him and i dont need poision pudles everywhere when fighting bw ..... for fck sake u guys dont even use cats to revive melle guys at terrors yet you are reason why they die -.-

p.s i dont see this guy having trouble in mushin tower 7 

Srsly  .....

To those who don't get the mechanics behind how Taunt was changed: 

• The duration was changed
  • The ability to keep aggro when the taunt was stopped midway through is gone
  • When a boss or mob moves away from the pet using taunt with a skill, it no longer works

Other hidden nerfs:

• Bloom n' Doom heal reduced
  • Seed Shroud stealth doesn't work against F7 in Mushin's Tower
  • Pet defense reduced

6 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

Seed Shroud isn't nerfed. I've used it on the 7th Floor boss and I've never had an issue.

All down to timing and I imagine if you're lagging.

He keeps targeting me while I run around in stealth. I have to time taunt (which barely works) just right to not get slashed to pieces now. :x

7 minutes ago, OddFinrir said:

He keeps targeting me while I run around in stealth. I have to time taunt (which barely works) just right to not get slashed to pieces now. :x

Use your 1, you can root the boss, you can v + tab to pin it down as well, spec tab to the 2s stun and you also got a free stun every 45s, use your x iframe, ss iframe, and on top of all of this you still can time seed shroud.

Also the boss will pretty much shout the name of the attack he's gonna use, so learn what corresponds to what and be ready for his big combo, he will also go invulnerable before his big combo so you can know when it's coming.

I did 1-7 in one go with just true profane and arena soul shield, and I even failed my sunflower stacks more times than I wish.

2 hours ago, CynicalFyre said:

If only that were true :/

We sins have a skill called lotus fury, which can be specced to basically become a 4 second iframe, I've been hit with doom&bloom multiple times midway through that skill and it'll block the first few ticks (a visual glitch occurs where the flower doesn't appear, but then it'll pop up on the first tick that isn't iframed).

Anyway, far off topic now.

Summoner needed the cat nerf regardless of if being sneaky, now they have to choose between speccing into tank or dps. Like every other class.

I wonder if you realize what you are saying.  This patch BROKE summoner's tanking ability..they can not reliably tank, particularly IF they are specced into it.  If they are not specced into it, the cat doesn't tank in the first place.

Archived