Forums

cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

Great ,because another reason to quit the game is what I'm missing...

Not only they neft my class they NINJA nerf it wich is one of the most infuriating things the people in charge of a game can do.

Had the same problem on f7 today 1/2 of the times the boss would go straight through Taunt and just hit me, and I noted my cat taking more damage, even dying in places where it never had troubles before.

This really puts me off, you spend a lot of days farming gold to get your gear upgraded and make you character better, and then not only they hit you in the nuts, they do it under the table.

The little things that add up (on the top of the big ones that are pretty obvious) time and time again I get disappointed on how this game is managed.In a couple of weeks when my premium expires, or even before, I'm going to seriously re-evalute my staying in this game.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind you, I main a BM but my alt is a summoner and I don't seem to be having any problems with the cat's taunt.

I tested it in the tower yesterday and 7F was a breeze with my summoner. Junghado didn't really attack me at all. All you have to do, is to keep an eye on the cooldowns so that you are prepared for when he switches targets once the taunt timer of 8 seconds is up. You can lock Junghado down almost completely that way.

This may not be the best approach, because I'm a noob and lack experience but this strategy has worked for me repeatedly:

Run into the room and use tab to make the cat attack him first, then use taunt. You now have roughly 8 seconds to DPS the hell out of him while he doesn't even seem to realise you are there, but keep a close eye on the cooldown. The moment this cooldown reaches 5 seconds,  be prepared to daze Junghado, with the kitty's  hammer. Press tab so that it holds him down for you and beat him up some more. Afterwards use taunt again. You can repeat this almost indefinitely but the cooldowns won't match up from time to time. Whenever you see that the cat won't be able to hold him down long enough for taunt to be off CD again, follow up with a knockdown (anklebiter) to get Junghado out of your hair for another 2 seconds and use taunt after that. This way all you really have to look out for is the ice aoe on the ground (don't stand in it) and that one random attack he does, where he attacks both the cat and you in turns. It's relatively easy to counter this with Dandelion. Snare him, evade (ss) if you have to, don't panic and either use taunt or daze + tab again - whatever is available at the time. You should also speck your 2 to allow you to escape from his knockup combo in case you mess up, but this approach is pretty foolproof and he only really managed to get me once (I survived thanks to the cat but it was a close call).

What you guys that are saying it's fine aren't getting is that we're not talking about getting aggro when the taunt ends.

That's not what's going on here. That should be happening.

We're talking about the cat taunting and losing aggro 2 seconds into its taunt. I'm meticulous about watching my cooldowns, I know when my cat's taunt is up, and it's not keeping aggro for more than a couple of seconds. On anything. The point is, we no longer have "roughly 8 seconds to DPS the hell out of the boss" anymore, because the taunt doesn't last its full duration and we pull aggro partway through it.

This isn't just some freak occurrence, either. It happened many times on every single floor in MT today.

Edit: Also, I saw a video of a summoner in JP doing Mushin's Tower fighting Junghado, and while he didn't use taunt that often, the boss was clearly aggroed on the cat for the full duration of the taunt.  Something is wrong here.

Let me get this straight. 

You feel as if you received an unnecessary nerf, to a class that could freely do massive damage to a target without generating enough aggro to take off aggro from cat?

For the purpose of discussion:

It's a needed nerf. Summoners are currently too Easy Mode. This will force players to use those dodge skills every other class has had to use since the game started.

I thought I was going crazy but I knew there was something fishy going on. Before patch I was able to solo BrightStone Ruins no problem with profane weap 10, after patch with my siren weap 10 i wiped 5 times in row due to my cat not being able to hold aggro for more than 3 seconds. At first I thought it was because of my weapon upgrade I was dishing out more damage in thus taking aggro faster but now I see it was a sneaky stealth nerf. That's some sly business right there. On its way to becoming Diablo 3 with all the ninja nerfs, gg games going down already.

Just now, SonataChi said:

This will force players to use those dodge skills every other class has had to use since the game started.

You mean the multiple dodges other classes have on short CDs? Our only i-frames other than SS have 30-45s CDs. Every other class has multiple that are under 20s, and some classes even have multiple i-frames under 10s. There's a reason we're reliant on our familiars.

20 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

The point is, we no longer have "roughly 8 seconds to DPS the hell out of the boss" anymore, because the taunt doesn't last its full duration and we pull aggro partway through it.

If that's the case, it's a bug that doesn't affect everyone, because my cat's  taunt still lasts the full 8 seconds it is supposed to last. I cleared the tower repeatedly yesterday and taunt didn't fail me once. I'm not making this up. The only thing I did notice, was that the cat now has to be rather closer to the target whereas before, taunt seemed to have a much wider range than indicated by the skill animation.

I would say the majority of the people posting here are missing the point.

We need clarification if this is:

1) A bug

or

2) A nerf

or

3) Correction of a bugged ability

1) If this is a bug we need a response immediately and an ETA. That is no big deal. 

2) If this is a nerf we have a major issue. This starts the trend of stealth nerfs to abilities and classes without tool tip updates. Under no circumstances is it acceptable for abilities to be changed without patch notes.

3) If this is a fix for a bugged abilities we still have the same major problem as if it was a nerf. No patch notes identifying a change.

The only thing worse than getting nerfed so hard  is being ninja nerfed.  This shit didnt happen on the japan/korean servers. If i had known about this before , i would not spend time on leveling and money on cosmetics for this character.

I usually try to ignore all the negativity on the forums, but making the character i like less enjoyable in such a dumb way makes me not wanna trust this company anymore...

Not sure if your just trolling or like picking on the poor feller, but if you do play a summoner please try testing the ability and see if you have similar results to what I have come up with.

What I did for a little over an hour this afternoon. Mostly because a buddy of mine that plays a summoner what whining like a little girl about it. I had noticed a bit, but thought I was just sucking for some reason or another.

When thoroughly tested though I'm able to consistently lose agro off of my cat after 3 seconds have passed on the cool down.

Ways I tested.

Root Mob - Taunt

Stun Mob - Wait 1 sec - Taunt

Simply Taunt

Knockdown Mob - Wait 1 sec - Taunt

Daze Mob - Wait 1 Sec - Taunt

Each time it went as follows:

1) I have agro

2) Pet Taunts

3) Pet has Agro

4) 3 Sec pass according to cooldown timer

5) I have agro

PS. Yeah doom and bloom AOE not healing right.

8 hours ago, Nimbukie said:

Not sure if your just trolling or like picking on the poor feller, but if you do play a summoner please try testing the ability and see if you have similar results to what I have come up with.

What I did for a little over an hour this afternoon. Mostly because a buddy of mine that plays a summoner what whining like a little girl about it. I had noticed a bit, but thought I was just sucking for some reason or another.

When thoroughly tested though I'm able to consistently lose agro off of my cat after 3 seconds have passed on the cool down.

Ways I tested.

Root Mob - Taunt

Stun Mob - Wait 1 sec - Taunt

Simply Taunt

Knockdown Mob - Wait 1 sec - Taunt

Daze Mob - Wait 1 Sec - Taunt

Each time it went as follows:

1) I have agro

2) Pet Taunts

3) Pet has Agro

4) 3 Sec pass according to cooldown timer

5) I have agro

PS. Yeah doom and bloom AOE not healing right.

So if an ability isn't healing right. That's a bug. And needs to be fix'd. But if the cat is losing aggro cause the properly gutted the tankyness/aggro generation, that's okay. And will stay like that.

9 minutes ago, SonataChi said:

So if an ability isn't healing right. That's a bug. And needs to be fix'd. But if the cat is losing aggro cause the properly gutted the tankyness/aggro generation, that's okay. And will stay like that.

SonataChi,

My only real issue with it is the inconstancy with patch notes and tool tips.

I see both abilities in the exact same light.

For example:

Doom and bloom is supposed to "heal for 100% of damage dealt" Currently it only heals for 100% of damage dealt to the initial target, not all targets.

Cat Taunt is supposed to taunt for 8 seconds no more and no less. The issue is that the mob is changing targets from the cat to the summoner (when soloing obviously) right at the 3 second mark. *Disclaimer* Should read is inconsistently changing targets. This happens more often during musins tower. Some mobs it can be reproduced nearly 8 out of 10 attempts.

This is why I say it could be a bug or a nerf, but if its a nerf they failed in two ways. One they didn't put it in the patch notes. Two the tool tip is now incorrect.

End result either the abilities are bugged or the tool tip is bugged. Bottom line... there is a bug and it needs fixed.

To the OP....

If you can speak Korean and convince the devs that you are a top tier player (even though we are missing lvl 50 and 20 hongmoon levels) then by all means more power to you.  Considering all balance changes are done by the dev team in Korea, they could give two shits about the Americans whining as we are not on the same playing field as the rest of the regions.  

So until that happens, your cries for nerfs and or buffs in regards to balance will go unheard. 

1 minute ago, Dowra said:

Gonna be honest, I posted eariler, that, it was a change that would just take some getting use it.

But it really does seem like that taunt is just broken. It feels like the aggro is only lasting about 2-3seconds tops.

yea as stated before and tested many times for actual bosses/some regular mobs the aggro from taunt fails quite often

OMG i didnt realise the summoner was so much hated by other people !

New patch broke/ninja nerf some of our core spell and loads of people spits on us with the traditianal "git ghud noobz" when we question it.

And why ? Its not even for pvp, you cant say its for a competitive balance, nope, just pure blind summoner hate.

Yes playing summoner may be easier (i say "may" because managing the cat is not that easy) but when you create youre character they clearly tell you the difficulty of each class, so i dont know why people want the same lvl for every class. Not to mention we need that kind of class for hight ping people like me.

I really hope its just a bug and everything go back to pre-patch state for the summoner.

As a Summoner this changed kind of shocked me while I was fighting the dude on floor 7 of mushin. I was like oh wtf...?

I just had to find a new way to handle the situation its not hard. Simple really. 

I never used Cat taunt not even when I solo brightstone. I used it on POH and floor 7 however.

Summoner has A LOT of heals.

Simply press Petal Storm > doom and bloom and dps inside of it if you need to heal.

both of those skills will heal you.

we also have SS, 4, X and 3 to avoid attacks.

But since they CLEARLY changed the taunt duration they either need to change the tooltip to reflect that or change it back to the 8 second taught.

1 hour ago, Nimbukie said:

I would say the majority of the people posting here are missing the point.

We need clarification if this is:

1) A bug

or

2) A nerf

or

3) Correction of a bugged ability

1) If this is a bug we need a response immediately and an ETA. That is no big deal. 

2) If this is a nerf we have a major issue. This starts the trend of stealth nerfs to abilities and classes without tool tip updates. Under no circumstances is it acceptable for abilities to be changed without patch notes.

3) If this is a fix for a bugged abilities we still have the same major problem as if it was a nerf. No patch notes identifying a change.

This. People are angrier simply because they changed major things without putting anything in the notes. Now, the class players have no clue how exactly things should work or if they're bugged. There are even tests about some skills like Doom N Bloom's heal being totally inconsistent on what it does. Any kind of clarification will be helpful and even make serious summoner players to adapt.

And as FM I have to be precise with 4,fire tab,potions and 3.Your point? 4 have 18 sec cd,3 have 18 sec cd and fire tab has 24 sec CD. I still manage to kill him easly with about 2 min left,but it's all about timing.

You just went floor 7 and had it dificult first few times,well welcome aboard - we all had this moment.You have no idea how long it took me to learn to beat floor 7 in China/Taiwan with 250+ ping and nerfed in pve to the ground FM.Yes FM in the past was very bad dps.

Warlock will be all the talk soon. My girlfriend was a bit upset at the fact her kitty got nerfed. Me personally, i kinda feel bad for you guys, but hey, if i have to play the game with a challange. I feel everyone should. Not bashing on summoners, but you guys DID have it easier than all the other classes. I found them annoying in PvE specifically when it came to OWPvE doing ogres, as the stupid things would NOT stop taunting and the bosses spammed their AoE's like it was free candy on halloween. With the nerf, you guys can complain all you want. It's natural, but nerfs happen in every game. And if you quit over something becoming harder, well maybe this wasn't the game for you. There have been loads of people making the statements of "I'm having more problems now." and the others who say they aren't (I noticed the ones providing positive feedback seemed to get their comments skipped over. Sometimes.) You guys are talking in circles at this point. Voicing the same opinion over and over and gunning down anyone whom disagrees with you. You all need to seriously grab a twix and chill. Until we have more info, just do you best. I'm a BD and i'm having problems on the final floor. It's not so much as a damage problem so much as to how much damage he does to me, despite having 45K HP and 7 dodge moves, 1 move can literally ruin my run. By the time he gets to 10% HP, he decides to Lol enrage. Run over. It makes me feel like any progress i've had up to this point has really been shown (Which feels like i've made close to none) Even with your guys new handicaps, I see more summoners talking about how easy it was for them all over faction chat. That and a few Force masters. Learn to adapt or die. Wait until we get further info if this is a nerf or just a bug. And quit attacking everyone whom doesn't have the same viewpoint as you. You guys all look like a bunch of hostile gorillas. 

11 minutes ago, Shorsh said:

But since they CLEARLY changed the taunt duration they either need to change the tooltip to reflect that or change it back to the 8 second taught.

Thats pretty much it. Its not like the class is unplayable now. But, skill description should match what is stated.   Edit the description or revert the skill.

The skill says 8 sec taunt,right now the cat will not keep the agro 8 sec,after 3 4 she lose the agro so why you guys talk about nerf when its clear that its a bug.

also the taunt won't affect the pvp.

you just like to scream loud but you don't know why

Can confirm taunt doesn't work as it should (for me at least, guess it works fine for some?).

I don't care if the cat loses aggro once the cat taunt ends. That's how it should be, and how it was before this patch anyway; DPS took aggro from a cat tank if it wasn't taunting. But if the skill says "Taunt for 8 seconds" then it should taunt for 8 seconds, not 12, not 3.

As for Summoner = 2 people... No.

Just now, Poochyena said:

, but hey, if i have to play the game with a challange. I feel everyone should.

You are aware that most summoners play more than one class right? Its not like we arent aware what its like to play as 2 or more classes.  I doubt you meant to come off as patronizing but, its not like its hard to max out a class and just move onto the next.

Its simplly a topic about undocumented change.  Not a complaint of difficulty.

Archived