Forums

cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

3 minutes ago, Artifact said:

I dont care to make a video but like I said I worked around the issue and I had 7th fl boss on my cat the 80% time. It was just boring. Use a lot of E to reset his taunt cd and Seed, a lot.  You just gotta move the cat around and don't take too much damage.

I am a retard, I've been referring to E as Q the whole time LOL. So yes guys, E resets his taunt's global cd, Aleesh!

hmm that i did not think about, i'll try it next i get on, on another note whats your opinion on people complaining about summoner now to when warlock comes out?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Redmonster said:

The reason it's a waste of breath is because what YOU don't get is that every other class has the exact same level of difficulty, because you have to manage your defense and offense or you DIE because there is no other character tanking for you. But I notice you glossed over all of that to feel sorry for yourself some more, so, have on with the croc tears I guess. You can solo any dungeon with summoner at much lower levels than any other class. You can get gold rank in PvP at lvl ~20 with summoner. It's a joke how easy your class is and I'm sorry that you believe that hitting "take aggro" on your cat and then having to struggle switching to doing damage with your mage is more difficult than everyone else managing both roles alone. I hope you feel better soon.

Let me ask you directly @Redmonster why do you care? Appears you don't play summoner, why the hate?

2 minutes ago, Zedekul said:

Let me ask you directly @Redmonster why do you care? Appears you don't play summoner, why the hate?

my guess is they want to hop on the bandwagon of hating on summoner because its 2 in 1, just waiting for warlock for everyone to shift from summoner to warlock(which is going to be freaking hilarious cause warlock is honestly OP in terms of dmg and focus generation)

5 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

hmm that i did not think about, i'll try it next i get on, on another note whats your opinion on people complaining about summoner now to when warlock comes out?

I haven't actually tried playing one and I am not that interested in so I don't have an opinion on them, sorry! 

57 minutes ago, Zedekul said:

I'm just curious, why all the hate for the Summoners?  What exactly is in it for you who are posting in this thread bashing people who enjoy the class?

Most of them are probably sore PvPers who still haven't learned how to deal with summoner, even though summoner isn't a top pvp class, just annoying to fight against, the others probably hate summoner because of blacwyrm griefers. I assure you if tomorrow they decided to remove the class most of them would defend even that, I wouldn't bother even paying attention to the garbage they type.

1 minute ago, Alukah said:

Most of them are probably sore PvPers who still haven't learned how to deal with summoner, even though summoner isn't a top pvp class, just annoying to fight against, the others probably hate summoner because of blacwyrm griefers. I assure you if tomorrow they decided to remove the class most of them would defend even that, I wouldn't bother even paying attention to the garbage they type.

The fun part is if they are butt hurt about summoners now, just wait for warlock to appear and all hell will really break loose

Thing is, I'm okay with it auto-switching to me when the taunt ends. It did sometimes before the patch, but often the cat would keep aggro until I could use it again. That was a bit overpowered.

That said, it's not keeping aggro during taunt, either, and as far as I can tell, that's NOT intended. More than half the time, bosses outright ignore my cat and come right for me even though she's taunting. Sometimes they initially aggro my familiar and then rip off about 2-3 seconds later when crouch still has 5-6 seconds left. That's broken, not "balance."

1 minute ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Thing is, I'm okay with it auto-switching to me when the taunt ends. It did sometimes before the patch, but often the cat would keep aggro until I could use it again. That was a bit overpowered.

That said, it's not keeping aggro during taunt, either, and as far as I can tell, that's NOT intended. More than half the time, bosses outright ignore my cat and come right for me even though she's taunting. Sometimes they initially aggro my familiar and then rip off about 2-3 seconds later when crouch still has 5-6 seconds left. That's broken, not "balance."

Yea that seems to be the current problem of it just ignoring the cat, only real fix for now is to just turn around and use e often to reset cat and see if that helps

15 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

my guess is they want to hop on the bandwagon of hating on summoner because its 2 in 1, just waiting for warlock for everyone to shift from summoner to warlock(which is going to be freaking hilarious cause warlock is honestly OP in terms of dmg and focus generation)

Well not for PvP. It seems the summoner hate comes from the PvP side of it, we will receive the nerfed warlock, you'll only see really bad PvPers and some other brain dead people complaining about it imo.

It's not just the provoke. They made the cat weaker overall. Most people only notice the taunt because of the tank and spank combo. I'm wierd. My build is the Cat holds and does Dps. I keep on the edges healing her while she does all the work. The reduction in defenses and minor nerfing of damage, they didn't touch health thank goodness, makes all the fights last longer for me now.

In dungeons I did the same thing except she usually was the main tank, my support was focused on keeping her alive so she could keep the party alive. Now when the boss rips away from her party members go down like 9 pins.

1 minute ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

It's not just the provoke. They made the cat weaker overall. Most people only notice the taunt because of the tank and spank combo. I'm wierd. My build is the Cat holds and does Dps. I keep on the edges healing her while she does all the work. The reduction in defenses and minor nerfing of damage, they didn't touch health thank goodness, makes all the fights last longer for me now.

In dungeons I did the same thing except she usually was the main tank, my support was focused on keeping her alive so she could keep the party alive. Now when the boss rips away from her party members go down like 9 pins.

Cat is more aggressive now in PvP though, if u like letting the cat do the work you will enjoy it. Theyre faster and stay on target a lot better also more accurate as they raised %'s

For me it is not even the fact that it has been nerfed, but the fact that it was not in the patch notes; and I have not seen any word from NCSoft about the change after the fact either. (Be it either "it was intended" or "whoops, we'll fix it")

5 hours ago, Crimsonjr said:

Summoner is pretty much the same as having two people.

Would you rather have:

Less Taunt on your pet

Reduced stats and Hp on your pet

Less DPS on your Summoner and longer cooldown times

You have no clue what you are talking about. It's not as 2 ppl. Our cat is our utility. Without it we can't kd / stun / immobilise.  Imagine your class not having the stuns and blocks. 

Anyway what I noticed with taunting is that it does not work as instantly as it used to. When the cat taunts and the target is withing the area for 1s the aggro goes to the cat and not instantly when crouching. I wouldn't see it as a nerf. More like a fix.

2 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Maybe your "tanking" or "PVE life" shouldn't be as easy as you guys keep saying it was before the nerf lol, maybe thats why NC decided to make it more challenging like other classes

I have no problems with the way it is now, although I am sure many do. My gripe has never been that it was changed; but rather that it was changed without any prior or post announcement.

Actually it's not a nerf.

I'm still being able to tank with my cat without a problem. You just need to pay attention to the the animation and the skill of your cat. You hold aggro for 8 seconds, which is mentioned in the tooltip for the skill. This means you have 4 seconds, where you will now INSTANTLY get the aggro, because your cat is no longer taunting.

This is why boys and girls, you have your 1 ready to fire off, once the taunt is about to end and then ... you've guessed it, you press Q, once the debuff on the cat has ended.

So again it's not a bug/nerf, but a skill that was just fixed and people are now finding out how bad they really are, when it comes to managing their own character/cat's abilities.

1 minute ago, DoowieEU said:

Actually it's not a nerf.

I'm still being able to tank with my cat without a problem. You just need to pay attention to the the animation and the skill of your cat. You hold aggro for 8 seconds, which is mentioned in the tooltip for the skill. This means you have 4 seconds, where you will now INSTANTLY get the aggro, because your cat is no longer taunting.

This is why boys and girls, you have your 1 read to fire off, once the taunt is about to end and then ... you've guessed it, you press Q.

So again it's not a bug/nerf, but a skill that was just fixed and people are now finding out how bad they really at, when it comes to managing their own character.

the problem is quite often the bosses/mobs ignore the cat a few seconds after the taunt starts or just all out blatantly ignores the taunt in general which far as i see is not intended

I've never experienced that Bazroz.

I've tanked in a lot of MMOs out there. It's all about placement/timing. If you run in with your cat and start attacking the moment you press Q, then of course the boss will come to you for a split second because turning back to the cat itself.

Of course it could also be due to latency that you've experienced that problem, but since playing Blade & Soul and having my cat tank (before/after this patch), I've never had a single problem when it comes to tanking mobs/bosses (single/grouped).

People just need to know pay more attention now. I can still solo Blackram 24 man on all bosses since the change, so holding aggro on bosses is not the problem, but it's the players themselves.

2 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

I've never experienced that Bazroz.

I've tanked in a lot of MMOs out there. It's all about placement/timing. If you run in with your cat and start attacking the moment you press Q, then of course the boss will come to you for a split second because turning back to the cat itself.

Of course it could also be due to latency that you've experienced that problem, but since playing Blade & Soul and having my cat tank (before/after this patch), I've never had a single problem when it comes to tanking mobs/bosses (single/grouped).

People just need to know pay more attention now. I can still solo Blackram 24 man on all bosses since the change, so holding aggro on bosses is not the problem, but it's the players themselves.

like i'll say this for example i was doing floor 7 and went into seed shroud after beckoning pet over and hitting q ran away and soon as i left shroud(2 secs after i hit q) he came after me again without even going after cat

Archived