cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just recently started summoner. I have no issues yet, but when I queue into high level dungeons on my main, I can notice the difference. 

I can see why people are mad about this because it was a very useful function and good for protection since the summoners seem to take a lot of damage once they gain aggro. Changing it so suddenly and with no pacing was really detrimental to the class. I wouldn't say it "broke" the class, but it changed the playstyles of a many players. 

Honestly, it was very unnecessary to change the taunt because it's mostly used for the PvE aspect of the game, not PvP where the balance matters. I guess the only thing to do is adjust. I'm not sure how it'll play out.

Nah, I opened a ticket and they said that it's a bug and the fix will be in an update soon.  I opened the ticket because it seemed a bit ridiculous for it to be a "nerf" when they didn't do anything to counter the change.  But yep, it's not intended to be that way and will be fixed soon :D

cross posting here:

The change was intended in Korea.

It was something that both Freedomplays' translated patch notes and NCWest overlooked, but the changes to 'Doom and Bloom' (F) and Crouching Tiger (Q) were actually documented in the Dec 16 Korean patch notes, the Dec 16 balance patch was the same balance patch we got on Feb 10.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/45jrmo/summoners_still_not_hotfixed_in_2_days/czyfyw1

2 minutes ago, Alukah said:

cross posting here:

It was something that both Freedomplays' translated patch notes and NCWest overlooked, but the changes to 'Doom and Bloom' (F) and Crouching Tiger (Q) were actually documented in the Dec 16 Korean patch notes, the Dec 16 balance patch was the same balance patch we got on Feb 10.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/45jrmo/summoners_still_not_hotfixed_in_2_days/czyfyw1

IF its indeed intended and i *cricket*in pray its not then why did NCsoft said its a bug and that they are fixing it ?

32 minutes ago, Azunda said:

IF its indeed intended and i *cricket*in pray its not then why did NCsoft said its a bug and that they are fixing it ?

Poor communication with the devs, NCWest sends bug reports in a way similar to how we report bugs to NCWest, If we are really meant to get the same patch as Korea, in the following days Team Bloodlust will close the bug ticket by NCWest as working as intended, and then NCWest relies that info to the players.

29 minutes ago, chinmi said:

No more reason to play summoner then, lol.

How can we survive tower 7+ now.

Posted it a few pages ago:

----

Use your 1, you can root the boss, you can v + tab to pin it down as well, spec tab to the 2s stun and you also got a free stun every 45s, use your x iframe, ss iframe, and on top of all of this you still can time seed shroud.

Also the boss will pretty much shout the name of the attack he's gonna use, so learn what corresponds to what and be ready for his big combo, he will also go invulnerable before his big combo so you can know when it's coming.

I did 1-7 in one go with just true profane and arena soul shield, and I even failed my sunflower stacks more times than I wish.

----

In addition to what I wrote, you can spec C to 2s daze, spec E to iframe, and i forgot to mention dandelion for red aoes (4 + F)

Basically you have a massive arsenal of CC and iframes that work during the 4s the cat wont have aggro, and iframes work before his 80% hp aerial combo, if he can't lift you he will break his combo.

Even after this change, Summoner is by far the easiest class to clear 7F.

37 minutes ago, Alukah said:

cross posting here:

The patch notes did not say that taunt should be working like it is now - which is, not at all most of the time.

Someone actually posted a translation of those on these forums the other day, and yes, it looks like the D&B change was intentional, but the taunt change had to do with fixing the cat still having aggro after the skill ends:

On 12/02/2016 at 11:18 PM, Vanille said:

"Umm, they did not put it into the patch translation however they did mention these changes on the CN patch. In other words, they have nerfed summoners once again...

" 调整更改“牵牛花”武功伤害量吸收效果仅应用于被命中的对象;"

Changed "Doom 'n' Bloom" skill damage and HP absorption to the target only (meaning single target).

"修复“畏缩”3阶2段武功时间结束后“嘲讽”效果仍然持续的问题;"

Fixed "Crouching Tiger" Tier 3 Stage 2, when the skill is over, taunt still exists."

Hello someone posted this on Dojo, can anyone check this out on CN?

That's completely different than taunt only working for 3s of its 8s duration, or not working at all. NC has already said this taunt change is unintended, but it seems they're uninformed about the D&B change. Maybe we weren't supposed to get it yet.

1 minute ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Don't spread misinformation. The patch notes did not say that taunt should be working like it is now - which is, not at all most of the time.

Someone actually posted a translation of those on these forums the other day, and yes, it looks like the D&B change was intentional, but the taunt change had to do with fixing the cat still having aggro after the skill ends:

It's not misinformation, you apparently didn't bother to read most of the thread because there have been many complaints of the removal of the lingering effect of taunt, the issue of enemies losing aggro before 8s comes from this as well, all it takes is an enemy jumping ONE millimeter away from the area of effect of Q taunt to permanently lose aggro and go after you, this is because of the removal of the lingering effect.

1 hour ago, Alukah said:

It's not misinformation, you apparently didn't bother to read most of the thread because there have been many complaints of the removal of the lingering effect of taunt, the issue of enemies losing aggro before 8s comes from this as well, all it takes is an enemy jumping ONE millimeter away from the area of effect of Q taunt to permanently lose aggro and go after you, this is because of the removal of the lingering effect.

I did read what you linked, and nowhere there does it mention that. It's not even translated in your link.

Regardless, again, enemies moving out of the taunt circle is a different thing than enemies de-aggroing while still in the circle. Why is that hard to understand? We're currently experiencing both, but if being out of the circle and de-aggroing is intended, we can adjust. We can't adjust to an 8s taunt being reduced to 2-3s for no reason, or sometimes just not working period - which is not mentioned anywhere in your link as "intentional."

I'm talking about this thread, in this thread people were complaining about 1) removal of lingering effect  2) cat losing aggro while the 8s buff is active and 3) Doom and Bloom, 1) and 3) were answered with the KR patch notes and that's what I'm saying it's working as intended.

As for 2), I'm not saying that's covered in the patch notes, but I'm trying to explain to you why I think 2) is happening, and it's because of the change to 1)

11 minutes ago, Alukah said:

I'm talking about this thread, in this thread people were complaining about 1) removal of lingering effect  2) cat losing aggro while the 8s buff is active and 3) Doom and Bloom, 1) and 3) were answered with the KR patch notes and that's what I'm saying it's working as intended.

As for 2), I'm not saying that's covered in the patch notes, but I'm trying to explain to you why I think 2) is happening, and it's because of the change to 1)

Yeah, it could've happened as an unforeseen bug when they were fixing taunt still keeping aggro during its CD. It's a rather huge oversight though, considering it was pretty apparent to most summoners as soon as we started fighting anything after the patch.

Not saying taunt didn't need a nerf - sometimes aggro would swap during its CD, but most of the time it didn't (except at BW/terrors, of course, which is why people hate summoners there), and that was OP. Just so happens they broke the skill in the process. x_x

4 hours ago, Alukah said:

^

This

Not just "ONE millimeter", sometimes the enemy will walk straight through the AOE and still wont be affected.

Wrote a few tweets and all i got is that they are working on it, also i submited a ticket and i got this reply:

" Thanks for contacting Blade & Soul Support Team.
This is currently a known issue and the Development Team is working to correct this in a future update.
I'm sorry, but the Game Support Team does not have a workaround at this time. Once a fix has been created and tested it will be made available in a future update."

Even tho that the skills might have been nerfed they do no work as intended.

Hard to take this topic seriously. Summoners were by far the easiest class to abuse, and took no skill to be up to par, if not even better, than most classes. It might be a bug, and it might not be warranted, but you guys feeling entitled just because you use a class that can be on equal footing as every other class while having the lowest skill cap ever aren't getting my sympathy.

I found a much easier time doing him doing a combo of KD - ping - dazze - uppercut - Q and repeat. The only time it sucks is when the KD miss when he teleports. Sometimes its hard to predict when hes going on me since he dashes very fast and sometimes ignore taunt when pet does it.

20 hours ago, Alukah said:

YxcuYDJ.png

Summoner is still the easiest class to do Mushin Tower 7F even after this nerf with the stupid amount of crowd control you can use during the 4s the cat wont have aggro.

i admit i thought doing mushins would be tough with this nerf when i made this topic but its pretty easy as a summoner, but  you try tanking the twins in nightshade harbor with this nerf. i nearly die every time i try forcing me to stop attacking and let others attack while i just spam Q taunt

Archived