cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

1 hour ago, MistakenBM said:

The fact that people are this salty towards a class that benefits them in PvE, I find kinda hilarious.

This.

Just like many other Summoners out there, in party dungeons I use my cat to hold aggro from boss if need to so I can keep my party safe.

With the boss focused on cat, party members can focus on maxing out their dps and taking the boss down ASAP.

Also helps to get aggro off from someone if they're dying, or keeping an add busy during boss fights that spawns adds...

Please fix this :l

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AshleyZX said:

Great..... just when i was feeling that choosing summoner was a good idea (still having my doubts) and now it got nerfed..... just great....

not nerf'd bugged they said they will have a fix for it in a future update. just keep at summy you can still solo shit just gotta be more careful, use cc such as daze on 2 and daze on C to knock down bosses so your cat can pounce on them till taunt is off cd.

I have lvl 45 with BD and i can keep aggro for poharan almost entire time (sometimes i do huge damage) because i have alot of escape skills and speed. But with my summoner lvl 40, i have trouble with normal mobs if they don't focus on cat. With dungeon boss, i died in 2-3 hits when they focused on me, because i don't have any escape skills. So if this is true with aggro skill, i better delete my summoner and don't waste my time with him, because will be useless if i do some damage on boss and he will attack me, i will die instantly. For E. Supply is very important to do damage if you wanna get some Brilliant chest, if you don't do damage, you will get normal chest. With my BD i ALWAYS get Brilliant.

wait what was the nerf O.o? mine still says taunts for 8 seconds. with a 12 second cooldown. between the 4 seconds I use my lil flower thing that blocks an attack and puts me in stealth for 6 seconds. in that time I can then re taunt and put my dots back on.

did I miss a change O_O was the taunt longer?

4 minutes ago, AuraLove said:

wait what was the nerf O.o? mine still says taunts for 8 seconds. with a 12 second cooldown. between the 4 seconds I use my lil flower thing that blocks an attack and puts me in stealth for 6 seconds. in that time I can then re taunt and put my dots back on.

did I miss a change O_O was the taunt longer?

For me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

For some reason, there are times that my cat will lose aggro it held after 2-3 seconds even though I haven't put in any damage in the mean time...

I'd use taunt and boss would look at my cat for like 2 seconds then come back to me while I'm running back >.>

But sometimes it works as intended and holds up to full 8 seconds.

29 minutes ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

not nerf'd bugged they said they will have a fix for it in a future update. just keep at summy you can still solo shit just gotta be more careful, use cc such as daze on 2 and daze on C to knock down bosses so your cat can pounce on them till taunt is off cd.

Oooooh  thanks  :3

But im still kinda worried since now it looks like kitty has -15~25% def?? I saw this in a post

I support the nerf for PvP since now thanks to a CRAZY summoner from hell traumatized me and now i just avoid pvp  T-T
As for PVE summoners are very helpful with tank kitty and AoE heal <3

19 minutes ago, Vivien said:

For me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

For some reason, there are times that my cat will lose aggro it held after 2-3 seconds even though I haven't put in any damage in the mean time...

I'd use taunt and boss would look at my cat for like 2 seconds then come back to me while I'm running back >.>

But sometimes it works as intended and holds up to full 8 seconds.

Some bosses have abilities that cannot be taunted from. Like the Chef in E.Fleet she does her swishy blades all over on people randomly. The first mini boss in The 45 monkey dungeon. the one who spawns two animals. He also does an all over attack bouncing on people. I saw Poh brought up. I think she does the same. I have seem times where I have aggro, but she shoot some other direction or throws those napalm bombs at others randomly.

Edited to fix Money to Monkey >.>

11 minutes ago, AshleyZX said:

Oooooh  thanks  :3

But im still kinda worried since now it looks like kitty has -15~25% def?? I saw this in a post

I support the nerf for PvP since now thanks to a CRAZY summoner from hell traumatized me and now i just avoid pvp  T-T
As for PVE summoners are very helpful with tank kitty and AoE heal <3

I have been leveling a summoner to solo with and heal/tank when I do party. Hope I am not to late to do that lol my summoner is only level 34

2 minutes ago, AuraLove said:

Some bosses have abilities that cannot be taunted from. Like the Chef in E.Fleet she does her swishy blades all over on people randomly. The first mini boss in The 45 money dungeon. the one who spawns two animals. He also does an all over attack bouncing on people. I saw Poh brought up. I think she does the same. I have seem times where I have aggro, but she shoot some other direction or throws those napalm bombs at others randomly.

I have been leveling a summoner to solo with and heal/tank when I do party. Hope I am not to late to do that lol my summoner is only level 34

No I don't mean bosses that has skills like that which attacks random targets simultaneously :x

It's literally boss facing back to me to cast nothing special but regular fire skill (FM class mini boss)...

7 minutes ago, AuraLove said:

Mine is lv 37 and works good so far, I dont really solo that much since its kinda lonely  (o 3o)

On 11.2.2016 at 1:37 AM, Crimsonjr said:

Well I main a Blade Master. So I run around, dodge and evade as much as I can. I don't find skill in a class that requires you to stand still while you do tons of damage on a mob that isn't going to attack you.

You just work around the problem. It's either a nerf or an issue on Ncsoft's end which they havn't noticed.

Except you know, summoner only has one dodge, one. We also can't spam block without a cooldown. 

Are they going to fix Doom and Bloom healing on only one target? It's affecting my clear speed on mob quests or my ability to safe a group / gather mobs. As I would grab about 5-10 mobs for a quest in the new content and heal off Doom and Bloom but not I can barely survive an encounter with 3 mobs doing the same thing.

"Umm, they did not put it into the patch translation however they did mention these changes on the CN patch. In other words, they have nerfed summoners once again...

" 调整更改“牵牛花”武功伤害量吸收效果仅应用于被命中的对象;"

Changed "Doom 'n' Bloom" skill damage and HP absorption to the target only (meaning single target).

"修复“畏缩”3阶2段武功时间结束后“嘲讽”效果仍然持续的问题;"

Fixed "Crouching Tiger" Tier 3 Stage 2, when the skill is over, taunt still exists."

Hello someone posted this on Dojo, can anyone check this out on CN?

16 minutes ago, Kaputz said:

This is great news. Perhaps idiotic summoners that spam taunt while tanks are trying to hold aggro on Blackwyrm/Terrors and messing up the boss skill rotations might not be as annoying. 

You realize that just because cat taunt is bugged and only works for a whopping 2-3 seconds a lot of the time now, it will still work temporarily, and thus still reset aggro? Only difference now is that it'll reset more often if there's multiple summoners spamming it.

Nope, keep having fun with the summoners too ignorant or careless to remove taunt during world bosses.

3 minutes ago, Vanille said:

"Umm, they did not put it into the patch translation however they did mention these changes on the CN patch. In other words, they have nerfed summoners once again...

" 调整更改“牵牛花”武功伤害量吸收效果仅应用于被命中的对象;"

Changed "Doom 'n' Bloom" skill damage and HP absorption to the target only (meaning single target).

"修复“畏缩”3阶2段武功时间结束后“嘲讽”效果仍然持续的问题;"

Fixed "Crouching Tiger" Tier 3 Stage 2, when the skill is over, taunt still exists."

Hello someone posted this on Dojo, can anyone check this out on CN?

Okay, so maybe D&B was intentional. Bit weird, but whatever. It really should've been in patch notes if that was intentional.

The cat taunt, however, isn't working how those patch notes describe. It literally doesn't last through the skill duration. That's completely different. My guess is they tried to applied this fix for the skill (often the cat WOULD hold aggro in the 4s downtime before taunt was off CD again), but screwed the aggro generation up somehow in the process. Not sure why it only happened to our version.

3 hours ago, Vivien said:

This.

Just like many other Summoners out there, in party dungeons I use my cat to hold aggro from boss if need to so I can keep my party safe.

With the boss focused on cat, party members can focus on maxing out their dps and taking the boss down ASAP.

Also helps to get aggro off from someone if they're dying, or keeping an add busy during boss fights that spawns adds...

Please fix this :l

Or kitty tanking helps the summoner go around rezzing a dead party. ^.~

(Though in my case today a fellow summoner was tanking a boss, and my cat and I were dual rezzing the rest of the party.)

I switched to dps spec cat now, still waiting for KFM/BM/Destroyers to tank. I stand still, let them dps and do their opening rotations and build aggro then I dps, I still end up stealing aggro everytime, or aggro just rotates to everyone in the party, making a fight messy. Basically every dungeon run.

For the salty pvpers, get real and stop being biased, it is as annoying to get stun/knockdown locked by every class as getting rooted (which you can break out of) by a summoner. This doesn't affect you at all. I don't have a problem in adapting with less kitty tanking time and constantly moving around with the really limited dodge we have, but that's not a excuse to call out a class you don't like, knowing a couple of skills are broken. I bet you wouldn't be pleased to know your op class (let's be real, all classes in this game are op, all you have to do is know your stunlock rotation) had some survability skills broken that affected your pve farming.

I bet the majority of the people who are celebrating this 'ninja nerf' or bug or whatever it is and want to see the summoner nerfed (preferably both damage output and selfheal), would also be the first to complain about having a summoner in their pve party the moment they feel the class is no longer useful to them, because they don't want to have to 'carry' somebody.

The unfortunate truth is, that you can't balance PvP without taking PvE into consideration or you end up completely breaking a class. I've seen it done in other games and I'm getting the impression that that's exactly what people want to see in retaliation for losing in the Arena. Mind you, I completely agree that Summoners are a pain to fight in pvp and hate fighting them, but we gain nothing by demanding random nerfs. Attempting to fix something by breaking something else is never a good way to go about it.

Not to mention that taunt has absolutely no effect in pvp. Or do you randomly attack the cat whenever it crouches on the ground? If so, you might be an NPC and the cat's taunt the least of your problems. Long story short. It doesn't make summoners any more bearable in pvp anyway so they might as well fix it. Particularly if it's a bug.

On 2/12/2016 at 2:45 AM, Ango said:

I bet the majority of the people who are celebrating this 'ninja nerf' or bug or whatever it is and want to see the summoner nerfed (preferably both damage output and selfheal), would also be the first to complain about having a summoner in their pve party the moment they feel the class is no longer useful to them, because they don't want to have to 'carry' somebody.

The unfortunate truth is, that you can't balance PvP without taking PvE into consideration or you end up completely breaking a class. I've seen it done in other games and I'm getting the impression that that's exactly what people want to see in retaliation for losing in the Arena. Mind you, I completely agree that Summoners are a pain to fight in pvp and hate fighting them, but we gain nothing by demanding random nerfs. Attempting to fix something by breaking something else is never a good way to go about it.

Not to mention that taunt has absolutely no effect in pvp. Or do you randomly attack the cat whenever it crouches on the ground? If so, you might be an NPC and the cat's taunt the least of your problems. Long story short. It doesn't make summoners any more bearable in pvp anyway so they might as well fix it. Particularly if it's a bug.

The class is no longer useful?

You lost me before that but right there is the killer

The fact is you could have skills affect players in a different way than enemies and balance it that way. Plenty of games do this already

PvE balance is as important as PvP balance

Theres only one somewhat viable argument against this and it falls to more important factors easily

57 minutes ago, Ango said:

If they think that the summoner is no longer useful I dare them to do laby without one.

47 minutes ago, Yancha said:

The class is no longer useful?

You lost me before that but right there is the killer

The fact is you could have skills affect players in a different way than enemies and balance it that way. Plenty of games do this already

PvE balance is as important as PvP balance

Theres only one somewhat viable argument against this and it falls to more important factors easily

You might want to read my post again, because I never said the class was no longer useful. I was talking about a hypothetical scenario in which the summoner actually does get nerfed to the extend people currently want it to get nerfed.

I seriously still don't understand why people are complaining about this cat tank nerf. They said they are going to fix it so shut up. And another thing would it really be so bad if your cat couldn't hold aggro? If you get the aggro then that means you are just like every other player. Congratulations welcome to the world of melee. And even if your cat can't hold aggro I don't understand why you complain when you basically have another stronger you attaching the enemy as well. I'm not a summoner but a BM and I have played a summoner so I know the experience. Some people don't even fight with their cat and some people who do aren't complaining like this. Posting over and over on this stupid topic really won't help them speed up the process you act like its the end of the world if your cat can't tank for a few days - a week. How about you stop hitting when you see you've gained aggro and let your cat get it back. You act like your cat is you. 

Archived