HATE THE 10/02/16 UPDATE!

Meshuggah

9 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

no, randomness is not fair. It's arbitrary. Those fringe players who didn't manage to get the reward did nothing wrong. They got screwed just because. Imagine if it had happened to you.

No rng isn't fair at all, as a hearthstone player i can definately agree that i've had my fair share of "**** you" moments due to rng but keep in mind that the whole system was specifically made around participating daily or rewarding premium players with "exclusives" i mentioned earlier since the chances of rolling a 1 or a 2 were about 40%? The OP wasn't screwed over by pure rng but rather their inability to play the game due to a vacation so any complaints on missing out on something exclusive aren't valid whatsoever.

And also a nice vacation is probably much better than any exclusive fan made outfit by a long shot so i don't see his issue.

So, let me get this straight....you are whining because you started late and were unable to finish it before the new DD went up?  How exactly is this NCsofts fault? What did you expect to happen? For them to wait until each and every single person has it? lol, If you are going to complain about something at least complain about something that matters.

2 hours ago, Spiderbot said:

In the old dash, you needed to advance an average of about 3 slots per day. If you were Premium, you basically couldn't ever fail to reach the end as long as you played the required 2 hours per day to get all the spins. Non-Premiums got it a bit more tight. However, do note that the average went up for each day you missed. Most people were okay, but there are fringe cases like the OP who got screwed up because of the Random number generator. 

And in case there's some idiot reading this: no, randomness is not fair. It's arbitrary. Those fringe players who didn't manage to get the reward did nothing wrong. They got screwed just because. Imagine if it had happened to you.

Not that it matters now. The current dash has been redesigned to be a meaningless bonus and that's about it. No reason to botter to log in specifically for it anymore. Specially since the last reward is 3 little inventory bags that won't increase your inventory space even once on their own. Though the fact that it now cycles around is a good change.

couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, Chesnya said:

hot. where did u go? and BnS is rewarding players who have played, they don't really care if you were on vacay, the people who actually played and spun the wheel since it was 1st released got rewarded for it, and if they found out the players who didn't play as long got the same exact reward, then it wouldn't be "Special". I mean i kinda get what you're saying because I use to play this RPG game called fallensouls on android and I missed out on good stuff cos i couldnt access my phone for a few days but it wouldn't be fair. 

i was actually on my honeymoon. just before i started college (which is even more time consuming, hard to play and study...)

again, point being that i only got 2's even after all the days i missed and most people who started off with me did get it done, somehow....

i get the point of the exclusivity.. i was aware of it myself. its still a bit shitty feeling.

now there is no point at all for the daily dash, just another somewhat pointless feature.

This new daily dash has become something of a "I hope I roll X or it will just land me on something like a "insert zone here" stone again" thing with nothing at the end to speak of. It alright I suppose, getting at least something each time but the amount of random is now too damn high!

For everyone jumping at the OP for being on vacations and missing the DD rewards. I did the DD almost daily just missing 2-3 max because of having a life and the only reason why I didn't get the last reward was because of the 6 hour maint. I could have gotten it, I earned it; but yet, having '' 1 day left'' to roll again, I was denied my chance. Just 1 roll away. Very disappointed.

One thing I can agree on is being bummed out for not being able to get that nice outfit, especially because it was better than what we should expect from all the next Daily Dashes. I missed out on it for simply not managing my time well, so I'm not gonna blame anyone for it.

But it would be nice to be able to get it in a different way. One way would be Hongmoon store, possibly not permanently, but say in a year, as a "1 year celebration" make it possible to buy it there, either alone or in a celebratory pack.

As for the new Daily Dash overall, the outfit was definitely us being spoiled, but I did personally prefer the old system's reliability. Chance is one thing on drop rate, but missing out on something you only get a shot at once a month can definitely be frustrating.

55 minutes ago, Meshuggah said:

couldn't agree more.

i was actually on my honeymoon. just before i started college (which is even more time consuming, hard to play and study...)

again, point being that i only got 2's even after all the days i missed and most people who started off with me did get it done, somehow....

i get the point of the exclusivity.. i was aware of it myself. its still a bit shitty feeling.

now there is no point at all for the daily dash, just another somewhat pointless feature.

o congrats on getting married. 

3 hours ago, Altyn said:

No rng isn't fair at all, as a hearthstone player i can definately agree that i've had my fair share of "**** you" moments due to rng

RNG is not unfair or bad in and of itself. However like any tool, it can be used utterly wrong and not accounted for in overall design.

Having a lot of rolls is usually the best bet to get a fair RNG result. As the number of rolls (dice thrown) increases, the impact of randomness will lessen.

About Heartstone, it comes down to Tournament design and how swingy the random card is. Especially for reciprocal randomness there are some very good and some very bad design examples in Hearthstone itself:

Spellsligner in particular was featured in many Extra Credit Episodes as example for a not well designed card. It has reciprocal randomness, with a large base delta of randomness and might cause incredible balancing isues down the road.

That all being said, I would agree that passive randomness adds nothing but frustration.

Properly used randomness has to be part of a game with tactical player decisions. Where we can play with the results, around the result and even carefully manage the dangers of a RNG element. The Daily Dash is just random without purpose.

The design tries to emulate a boardgame, but it lacks any player interaction. It is the snakes and ladders of boardgames without other players to play against. I think I have to write this down in a seperate thread.

My 2 cents on this is that I feel the same as author of the post that the old daily dash is more worth awhile and rewarding but then again this is like a bonus thing for logging on and shouldn't be taken as granted. Be grateful and collect some free stuff. 

Lol im not even premium and i finished with like 10 days left unused.. at least this time i wont have unused rolls.. and u can get more prizes than before as well.. now its really worth it to actually have that extra roll from premium cuz u will get more loot..

with the old dash.. being premium only meant u'll have more unused days  at the end of the dash lol

it sounds like your crying about an outfit is because you are. you have presented no proof that all you did was roll 2's. For all we know you did the daily dash once a day instead of the 3 rolls you got daily.

Look at the math. 3 daily rolls at 2 is 6.

You had 13 days to get the outfit so 13 time 6 is 78

if you couldnt get the outfit with 78 spaces there is something wrong

troll attempt 5/10

5 hours ago, tailstiger said:

it sounds like your crying about an outfit is because you are. you have presented no proof that all you did was roll 2's. For all we know you did the daily dash once a day instead of the 3 rolls you got daily.

Look at the math. 3 daily rolls at 2 is 6.

You had 13 days to get the outfit so 13 time 6 is 78

if you couldnt get the outfit with 78 spaces there is something wrong

troll attempt 5/10

i got to 91. i had 13 days which is ~2.33 on average.

Archived