Nice ''optimization patch'' luls

Ambition

3 hours ago, Ambition said:

Roflcopter, even with 100people in my screen, the witcher 3 graphics require much more GPU power, do you have any clue as to how textures actually work?  you're telling me a GTX 970 high-end card from the year 2015 cant handle an engine from 2009? also, whatever im not the only one having this problems, but when you put ''optimization'' in the patchnotes, and nothing changed i just start laughing. ^_^

just checking... did you custom your computer? And do you actually do performance checks? Like CPU-Z and GPU-Z while running the game? 

I have a GTX 970 also. But that is definitely not the bottleneck (I think I hit maybe 70% utilization). Most of this game is CPU bound, not GPU bound. 

From a technical standpoint (I'm a game developer myself): UI and combat are all CPU intensive. (Especially UI... dear god UI is intensive, especially with real-time updating necessary for an MMORPG. Trying to get that optimized while being visually stunning is hard. I wish games included a "simple UI" feature). Even if you ctrl+f, that's only the visuals. Things are still being calculated for damage and positions. Most games don't care how many cores you have (normally 1 or 2). So core speed is the biggest factor.

If you don't mind me asking, what processor do you have? And have you tried overclocking? Not an intense overclock. Don't go into voltage if you're paranoid or inexperienced. Just some tweaks that might work the processor harder assuming you have proper cooling.

4 hours ago, wuju said:

This game is 4 years old

This game is seven years old.

GTX 980 Ti, can't manage a steady 60 FPS.  Shit engine is shit.

4 hours ago, Ambition said:

Roflcopter, even with 100people in my screen, the witcher 3 graphics require much more GPU power, do you have any clue as to how textures actually work?  you're telling me a GTX 970 high-end card from the year 2015 cant handle an engine from 2009? also, whatever im not the only one having this problems, but when you put ''optimization'' in the patchnotes, and nothing changed i just start laughing. ^_^

I don't think you particularly have a clue on how this works either.

To be fair, I'm fair certain some of this is the result of crap optimization.

4 hours ago, Ambition said:

ya 1500 euro pc not good enough, maybe i should buy a 3000 one :')

LOL, I built an i5-4590 + R9 380 with old 8gb ram and I'm running this game between 80-120 FPS. I think I spent around $600 USD?

Look into your 1500 EURO PC rather than blaming the game, please. LMAO

Looks like this game works better with older pc then new 1 np here with a i7 950 3.09ghz might had a few bars of memory though 6gb is a bit tight and my amd 6850hd 1gb gddr5 does a wonderful job and never go lower then 40fps and most of the time at 60

Archived