2K NCoin Outfit

Cetra

It can be argued by reasonable people that the pricing for this outfit bundle is pricey. Fine. (Full disclosure, I bought one).  But the point being made by many is that is a determination that can be made like any other purchase: it's worth it, or it's not. There are lots of luxury items in life that people feel are too expensive and normally they do not shout about it, they just shrug and move on.

But with the gambling boxes, no real determination as to value can be made, because no one knows how much they will have to spend to obtain an item locked behind it. That's the issue. It doesn't work on a system of money (overspent or not) for value, it works on a system of feeding off impulse and worse case scenarios, gambling addictions. People who would not spend $25.00 on an outfit bundle, mysteriously, spend three times as much on gambling boxes. 

And as of now, it is not a false choice that some make it out to be: we have only recently been shown two new ways to get new outfits - gambling boxes or pricey bundles. My guess is they are figuring out which is the more profitable route (and profit is what they are in it for). A high price point for a outfit bundle may not be ideal, but it is fair, transparent, and ethical, which is all you can ask of any pricing model. Gambling boxes are deeply unseemly and unethical.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the outfit but I wont condone this kind of bundle package bullshite for such a price. I dont care about the charms...i can buy those in AH or get em from dash/quest. The rest of stuff in the bundle is also negligible.

If it is the showgirl costume to come out tomorrow has this type of scheme or worse, is locked behind rng, screw them...I'll just go on and only collect the costumes ingame and in shop that are for/look good on my race only, they cant lock those behind rng unless enough people are using the specified race. They have their tricks, I have mine.

I suggested this in the surveys, though I wonder if they'll pay attention to it.

They need to A. Lower prices for cosmetics ($25 for an outfit is insane. The world is in a recession.) and B. Have an option to purchase a character-bound, or account-bound outfit.

That aside, the outfit itself is cute for females. I don't care for the males as much.

My friend and I joined this game together and made Lyns. Now she's just waiting for Warlock so she can be a pretty Jin with long-ranged abilities. :p

I don't know why they try to make everything super poofy or with weird attachments that nobody else has.

Although $25 is a steep price to pay for a skin ill admit, its ALOT better than bombing $50 on an RNG box and end up with nothing. People will cry no matter how they decide to sell costumes. If its too expensive, cannot afford it, or just plain dont like it, dont buy it and move on. Same goes for clothes irl. You wouldnt buy a shirt from lacoste for $50 unless you had the disposable income to do so. Also, based on the individual you also have to decide whether if its worth purchasing or not. People have different perspectives when it comes to value.

10 hours ago, Totsy30 said:

In case no one has stated it, this is a $20 bundle, which comes with the outfit, a pair of glasses, 12 white roses, and 10 unsealing charms.

I still probably won't be buying it since it doesn't come outside of the bundle which is kind of absolutely frikn stupid. Not to mention items bought from the store STILL aren't cross-character

It is $25 for the costume and some more stuff no one cares about.

I don't mind, it is 25$ for a costume it is optional but it is a set price and not in an RNG box. I remember hearing something on working on selling items that make costumes account bound, but those likely wont be cheap.

How much do people honestly think they would spend on RNG boxes to get this costume. It is a limited run item. So it is pricey.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in for feedback purposes. I really like the outfit, but I have no interest in anything else in the bundle. I believe the bundle is fine for those who want a packaged deal,  but the outfit should also be sold as standalone item. 

That being said, I also would not like to see a comeback of RNG boxes. If I had to pick, I wous choose the bundle over the RNG boxes. However, I woule be willing to spend more if the costumes were sold separately 

3 hours ago, TheArsenal said:

It can be argued by reasonable people that the pricing for this outfit bundle is pricey. Fine. (Full disclosure, I bought one).  But the point being made by many is that is a determination that can be made like any other purchase: it's worth it, or it's not. There are lots of luxury items in life that people feel are too expensive and normally they do not shout about it, they just shrug and move on.

But with the gambling boxes, no real determination as to value can be made, because no one knows how much they will have to spend to obtain an item locked behind it. That's the issue. It doesn't work on a system of money (overspent or not) for value, it works on a system of feeding off impulse and worse case scenarios, gambling addictions. People who would not spend $25.00 on an outfit bundle, mysteriously, spend three times as much on gambling boxes. 

And as of now, it is not a false choice that some make it out to be: we have only recently been shown two new ways to get new outfits - gambling boxes or pricey bundles. My guess is they are figuring out which is the more profitable route (and profit is what they are in it for). A high price point for a outfit bundle may not be ideal, but it is fair, transparent, and ethical, which is all you can ask of any pricing model. Gambling boxes are deeply unseemly and unethical.

^ THIS, endless amounts of THIS!

Well, just throwing this out there....

The black devil/white angel outfits and showgirl outfits were both v-day outfits from previous years.  And assuming I'm understanding the google searches/translations correctly, they weren't only available the first v-day they were out but have shown up for sale in subsequent v-days.  So it's possible the morning after shirt will be available outside the bundle next year.

I'm personally okay with it. If it was just the outfit itself, I would be very hesitant to buy it alone, but it at least comes as a bundle. Yeah, the items in the bundle aren't that good (I don't really need the glasses since I bought a pair from the shop beforehand for a different outfit), but at least it gives you something. The roses and unsealing charms aren't worth, but I'd take glasses+outfit for $25 than a single chance at a outfit in a gacha any day. $25 is a bit steep for a cosmetic bundle, but it's not outrageous or even unusual. 

Archived