2K NCoin Outfit

Cetra

I like the outfit and think its wroth it. You get a head piece as well as the outfit and the 10 unsealing/12 white roses. 

Quit complaining before they throw it all in RNG boxes again. No matter what they do you guys won't be happy. 

Honestly, I'm happy with this outfit, I'm okay with the price. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest, if i have to pay $25 for a shirt to put on a naked girl, i'll buy a real shirt for my girlfriend. When virtual outfit catch the price of the reel item it is time to rething your commercial strategy. (To people who buy this shirt: imagine a F2P car game but with the smallest car costing $20 000)

The cash shop concerning the other costumes are about right, roughly $8 USD to $12 USD. The Valentine costume is a bit on the pricier side, but I'm willing to spend the extra cash since it's an occasion event costume plus accessory (, just wish the glasses was black and not white since black rim glasses are sexier). Got it for my Force Master (Yun), but definitely not for my Blade Master (Lyn). Sorry Lolicons!

On a side note, (and I'm probably going to get flame for this, but) I'm glad to see that NCSoft is going RNG for the latest trendy outfit while allowing users who refuses to purchase RNG box to purchase past trendy outfits directly at a limited time.

19 hours ago, Moggie said:

Is that really what everyone is getting worked up about? When I heard all the fuss people were making, I was expecting some sort of gigantic valentine pink heart knight armor suit or something. That's what you're making a big deal over? A white shirt?

Not just 'a white shirt'. It's the virtual boyfriend shirt.

Please, allow me to enlightened you a bit.

------------

Those female characters you guys playing with ? those are virtual pretty and beautiful females.

But when you put your virtual pretty and beautiful female in a virtual boyfriend shirt. 

THEY EVOLVED !

They are now virtual girlfriend.

Which mean You ! Yes You the player ! Have evolved too, to a whole new level of weirdness.

I'd point out that the car in the car game and the shirt in this game cost the same amount to make/support.  So the analogy is sort of silly.

edit:  I'd also point out that it costs significantly more to make the in-game shirt than an RL shirt.  Figure about a manweek of work, a salary of $100k, or around $2k to make the shirt.  They gotta sell quite a few to make up that many and turn a profit.  (though I'd be inclined to argue they'd have a better shot at a lower price)

(Note:  I'll concede that the bundle is "appropriately" priced for what's inside.  The problem for me is that I don't have any interest in most of the bundle, so it ends up being $25 for the outfit.  Which I'm having a hard time rationalizing.  DLC done right, as that one youtube clip floating around says, is something you're *happy* to get.)

As an example, Scarlet Bird (at 999 coins, I believe) is pretty much an immediate purchase for my blade master.  The morning after shirt, for now, is a skip.

You're living in a special world if you think it's the impossibility of affording it that has people unhappy about this. Most people were expecting $15 for it, not $25. Heck, I think someone mentioned that it's 25 Euro/Pounds as well, which is even worse for EU players. It's not good pricing in many's opinions.

17 minutes ago, akcus2wg said:

25 actually

And? That's like 3 - 4 packs of cigarettes, or around 1,5 - 2L of vodka. I doubt many of you here even knows what it signifies when a woman wears the man's shirt. It is a sign of conquer, "I did that man", a trophy of sorts best displayed on a morning balcony after a job done right, provided you as a man even did it right in the first place.

I fail to see the monetary differences, a grown person on avarage spends around $40 a day unnoticed. Take-away coffees, news magazines, parking permit, lunch money unless employee provides, etc. It is only a matter of management.

50 minutes ago, skyy said:

$25 > $500 on rng boxes. Please stop complaining. If you can't pay $25 for a good looking costume, might want to get a job before playing games.

How about... unbelievably bad value for cost?

Right now, you can purchase:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary edition for $9.99.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year edition for $8.49.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year edition for $6.79.

So for twenty seven more cents, I can purchase three legendary games and have enough games to last me until 2017... or I can purchase half a pike of pixels.

Don't believe me?

Though, to tell the truth, I am an absolute sucker for middling quality texture work.  So it's a bit of a toss up.

3 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

How about... unbelievably bad value for cost?

Right now, you can purchase:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary edition for $9.99.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year edition for $8.49.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year edition for $6.79.

So for twenty seven more cents, I can purchase three legendary games and have enough games to last me until 2017... or I can purchase half a pike of pixels.

Though, to tell the truth, I am an absolute sucker for middling quality texture work.  So it's a bit of a toss up.

Already have them. They are great games for single player games. But, no matter how great I've never last more than a month on a single player game. MMORPG is the one where I can spend years. So it wont last to 2017.

If you want value for cost, why not say something even more asinine. Like you know, 25 bucks can help a starving suffering little girl in africa to live another one month. Surely it's a better expenditure ?

14 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

You are evil !! rubbing salt on them poor souls :c 

I bought 2 for my Jin and Yun also O.O

Care to share some screenshot ;p

Even if the outfit is all the same, the different faces and body size gives a totally different feel. I tried making my char have an attractive baby face. It's definitely more innocent compare to my Tera chars.

TERA_ScreenShot_20150630_023851_zpsb6ntu

TERA_ScreenShot_20150607_223154_zpsdgm6f

Now for some cute ones

TERA_ScreenShot_20150630_023004_zpsbfkox

TERA_ScreenShot_20150630_030652_zpslp7un

People really dig my berserker char XD

---

By the way, is it possible to gift a valentine set for my sibling who plays on a different server?

Just now, TheRealElvis said:

And? That's like 3 - 4 packs of cigarettes, or around 1,5 - 2L of vodka. I doubt many of you here even knows what it signifies when a woman wears the man's shirt. It is a sign of conquer, "I did that man", a trophy of sorts best displayed on a morning balcony after a job done right, provided you as a man even did it right in the first place.

I fail to see the monetary differences, a grown person on avarage spends around $40 a day unnoticed. Take-away coffees, news magazines, parking permit, lunch money unless employee provides, etc. It is only a matter of management.

Dude, you can spend your money on wherever you want. If dressing your female mmo character in a white shirt makes you feel good, go for it. At least you will have something to brag about your Valentine's. I personally prefer to have dinner with my wife, but it is more expensive and requires having a wife (or a gf or whatever you like).

Also I don't see any problem on people spending money on games. I spend a bunch, but only in companies who have a real customer support. Have spent a decent ammount of money in Guild Wars 2  and decided NCsoft does not deserve my cash anymore, so this is the only reason I won't be throwing cash on b&s.

Also I think $25 for this costume is ridiculous, comparing to other games from serious companies, but I understand most of those asian titles don't last to long, so they have to milk the players while they still can. I don't blame them.

14 minutes ago, Rief said:

If you want value for cost, why not say something even more asinine. Like you know, 25 bucks can help a starving suffering little girl in africa to live another one month. Surely it's a better expenditure ?

It absolutely is.

2 minutes ago, akcus2wg said:

Dude, you can spend your money on wherever you want. If dressing your female mmo character in a white shirt makes you feel good, go for it. At least you will have something to brag about your Valentine's. I personally prefer to have dinner with my wife, but it is more expensive and requires having a wife (or a gf or whatever you like).

Also I don't see any problem on people spending money on games. I spend a bunch, but only in companies who have a real customer support. Have spent a decent ammount of money in Guild Wars 2  and decided NCsoft does not deserve my cash anymore, so this is the only reason I won't be throwing cash on b&s.

Also I think $25 for this costume is ridiculous, comparing to other games from serious companies, but I understand most of those asian titles don't last to long, so they have to milk the players while they still can. I don't blame them.

Just to counter you on the "asian game won't last long" comment, I am more than pleased to point out a few Asian MMOs out there that has been last for anywhere from 4 to a good 10 years:

+ Ace Rival or Air Rival ( Pay2Win - Suba Game) ~ 9 years

+ Atlantica ( Pay2Win - Nexon ) ~ 8 years more or less

+ Aion ( Pay2Win - NCsoft ) ~ 5 years if I remember right 

+ Vindictus ( Outfit that can cost up to $32 - Nexon) ~ 5 or 6 years something 

+ Legendary MU (Pay2Win - Webzen) ~ 10+ years

That is just a few that I know and remember about, and they are all Asian MMO with heavy grind fest :p 

2 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

That is just a few that I know and remember about, and they are all Asian MMO with heavy grind fest :p 

All those are dead in the west. Also notice the last 3 most hyped MMOs (WildStar, ArcheAge and TESO) were agonizing in less the a year. I'm not saying this will happen to b&s, but it will probably have 5-10% of current population within a year. So it is clever to milk playerbase for overpriced cosmetics while population is still high, at least when you don't expect a long life to your game. NCsoft knows how this works, they did the same to GW2, Aion, WildStar and so many other titles. They have a history in hyping their games, milking playerbase and moving to the next title.

We were invited to discuss, so I'll discuss.

Some good points here and there, a lot of anger and Stockholm syndrome going on. In the end, people either like the outfit enough to buy it despite everything, or they don't. Both are valid options for us as customers. Debating whether a 25 € outfit is preferable to an outfit in a scambox is like asking whether you'd prefer to be kicked in the gut or stabbed. I'd rather not have either, thank you very much.

I can't really work up any sufficient outrage to rant about the subject, so I'll just say the shirt doesn't fit in the game's setting at all, it's tacky and overpriced for what it is. Yeah, yeah, it's a bundle, you don't have to buy it, think of the devs' starving children and so on.

The monetization plan is masterwork, if a little bit evil. First scare the hell out of people by introducing a scambox before a sure-to-be-popular seasonal outfit is released. Then you get the "oh thank you for allowing us to pay 25 instead of bleeding us with scamboxes, oh thank you so much!" battered spouses gratefully paying up and telling others they should be happy to receive such fair treatment. We could be getting stabbed, afterall, so it could be much worse.

I have no problem with cash shop outfits. In fact, I'd love to buy some of them. As soon as they implement that account binder consumable fairly (fingers crossed), I will buy several. Until then, it's stuff like extra character slots and maybe a key or two if and when the RNG finally manages to beat me into submission.

7 minutes ago, akcus2wg said:

All those are dead in the west. Also notice the last 3 most hyped MMOs (WildStar, ArcheAge and TESO) were agonizing in less the a year. I'm not saying this will happen to b&s, but it will probably have 5-10% of current population within a year. So it is clever to milk playerbase for overpriced cosmetics while population is still high, at least when you don't expect a long life to your game. NCsoft knows how this works, they did the same to GW2, Aion, WildStar and so many other titles. They have a history in hyping their games, milking playerbase and moving to the next title.

How are they dead ? Aion just got a new major update with new maps/story quests around Sep last year, Atlantica also just got a major update with new mercenaries and system recently, Air Rivals is still up there with E-Sport and Vindictus just got yet another major update a month back with character revamp about last week, so I don't know how are they ..."dead" ? 

With how saturated the MMOs market nowaday, a game that lasts for more than 4 years can be considered a good game already. 

Archived