Forums

2K NCoin Outfit

Cetra

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was willing to pay for this outfit as soon a learned about them and i expected it to be more expensive. The only thing that had make me refuse to get it, would have been if NC put it into a rng-box. i dont buy rnd boxes. they didn't and i will buy it as soon as i'm home :)

I think this is a hilariously pricey item considering that the outfit has basically no design at all. A lovely crafyed shirt (and sometimes a tie), sure, but it's ''sort of'' anachronistic, besides being a very simple design they probably got from modelling a real shirt one of the developers had around.

To the haters, if you don't like the price go somewhere else and stop complaining. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. You don't see people complaining WAT?! Lamborghini costs $400k???? Wtf????!!!!oneone. Simply put, if you can't afford it, go save up.

To NCSoft, thank you for not putting it in a random box.

Just now, Gamerchick said:

Really?  Please provide us with those illegitimate complaints.  What I am watching are very legitimate complaints, most which are still unresolved..

People complaint about the game being RNG heavy, but want RNG loot system in dungeon ? 

People want free outfit, but complaint the drop rate is too bad ? 

People complain the drop rate is too bad so they quit the game after just.....a barely a few weeks in that isn't even a month ? 

People complain about lack of contents despite the game is only a month old in NA and EU?

Oh please, I can go on for more. The entitlement attitude is something that has gotten pretty deep into young kids these days, that that is pretty sad to see. If the thing is too pricey for you ? don't buy;  if the thing is not in your taste ? ignore it and save your money for something else better; don't go around and be a cry baby on everything that isn't in your favor, cause this is real life and real business, deal with it, or are you gonna be a cry baby when you want to buy a certain house but too bad, that house is too pricey for you ? 

I have money to throw around even on those RNG boxes, but I decided not to buy them and have yet to buy any and I don't run around and cry over a piece of costume from a RNG box either, so I don't see while you should be a cry baby also.

3 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

To the haters, if you don't like the price go somewhere else and stop complaining. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. You don't see people complaining WAT?! Lamborghini costs $400k???? Wtf????!!!!oneone. Simply put, if you can't afford it, go save up.

To NCSoft, thank you for not putting it in a random box.

This page said to 'discuss'..we are simply 'discussing it' and 'sharing our opinions/thoughts' xD I don't go telling to you put your comment somewhere else, so..just sit and watch people rage or..well..don't view this thread :P

2 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

I have money to throw around even on those RNG boxes, but I decided not to buy them and have yet to buy any and I don't run around and cry over a piece of costume from a RNG box either, so I don't see while you should be a cry baby also.

"I'm not upset, so no one else should be upset" isn't a valid argument against anything, and never has been. Neither is "I don't mind spending money recklessly so you shouldn't either."

Just now, Ludicium said:

This page said to 'discuss'..we are simply 'discussing it' and 'sharing our opinions/thoughts' xD I don't go telling to you put your comment somewhere else, so.. :P

I'm not so sure about this particular thread though, more like it is just another place for 

13613441692075017293.GIF

11 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

Not whiteknight, just someone with brain and common sense.

But on your words, are you sure you wouldn't complain if they gave you that option ? Cause I have been watching around this forum for quite sometime, and pretty much all I have been seeing is people complaining on every single things even when NCsoft provides people what they want. 

You white knighted the moment you uttered the cringe worthy "Someone PLEASE think of the devs' family!" nonsense. NCSoft is a multi-million dollar company that presently runs four games and produces another (GW2). Even if you only factor in BnS, you have thousands of founders pack purchases and the stuff people already bought from the CS. Hell, someone spent $10,000 on those RNG boxes. They are swimming in cash.

Nope. I do think the items are a wee bit pricey for premium members given they are character bound, but I would be buying the outfit right now. Granted, I still might, but I prefer having the option to purchase exactly what I want. If I want Roses, Glasses or Unsealing Charms. Let me purchases those separately.

8 minutes ago, BourneEndeavour said:

You white knighted the moment you uttered the cringe worthy "Someone PLEASE think of the devs' family!" nonsense. NCSoft is a multi-million dollar company that presently runs four games and produces another (GW2). Even if you only factor in BnS, you have thousands of founders pack purchases and the stuff people already bought from the CS. Hell, someone spent $10,000 on those RNG boxes. They are swimming in cash.

Nope. I do think the items are a wee bit pricey for premium members given they are character bound, but I would be buying the outfit right now. Granted, I still might, but I prefer having the option to purchase exactly what I want. If I want Roses, Glasses or Unsealing Charms. Let me purchases those separately.

If only you realize how stupid you sound right there.

NCsoft has 4 games, each game has their own servers to store data, that is alot of money to spend on for NCsoft, then you have a crew of that many people for each game, to manage it, fix it, localizing it and all that which is a bunch more to spend on employees salary. After all that, you have taxes, electricity bills, Advertisement bills, liscence fees, money to pay for the Dev team - who created the game - every month. See how much money are there on the line already ? They aren't running the freaking games from thin air.

That is what I see from the perspective of an amateur whom knows nothing about how to run and maintain a business and I can already see a shit loads of money that needed to be paid out, so don't give me that crap " NCsoft is swimming in cash" cause obviously they aren't.

I love how people would rather buy 1 single skin for over $25, but would complain about a P2P model for a game. BTW Korea got this skin for free, from the event and they pay less than $25 a month to play. Yet people still don't see these cash grab F2P models, and continue buying into them. Being shocked of people's stupidity is never ending with this current generation. 

Furthermore, i'm certain if you're dumb enough to fork out $25 dollars for a skin (or $50 as some morons have already stated) you most likely have premium as well, you have now spent $37.50 (or $62.50) for the month. Rest assured there will be a new skin next month for you to buy as well until they catch up to Korea's 200+ Doboks (costumes) so NCsoft will happily continue taking advantage of ignorant people. 

14 minutes ago, RobynTheTiny said:

lol I can get 2 real life shirts for that XD

Exactly. I'll take the real shirt any day.

I think my only real complaint about the cosmetics is the cost. These outfits are pricey! If they made them account wide, I'd probably break down and get something. But for one character? No thanks.

Well, I would never pay 20 bucks for a white shirt, but hey, if I was intending to collect stuff in this game (but I'm not, since it is a NCsoft game and I know how they play the gambling addiction thing), I'd be happy just because it is not locked inside a scambox.

So far this game gave me no reasons to throw money on it. The premium is totally not worth and the cosmetics are way overpriced. I'm liking the game so far, though, and might throw a few bucks on it in the future for supporting's sake if i stick to it.

Also the customer support seems pretty terrible from what I've read, so I don't feel safe to throw money in a game where I see no support, not even answers on forums. I needed NCsoft support in other games and it was pretty terrible, so when I read the unresponded complaints in here I know what they mean.

20 minutes ago, Shauneh said:

I love how people would rather buy 1 single skin for over $25, but would complain about a P2P model for a game. BTW Korea got this skin for free, from the event and they pay less than $25 a month to play. Yet people still don't see these cash grab F2P models, and continue buying into them. Being shocked of people's stupidity is never ending with this current generation. 

Furthermore, i'm certain if you're dumb enough to fork out $25 dollars for a skin (or $50 as some morons have already stated) you most likely have premium as well, you have now spent $37.50 (or $62.50) for the month. Rest assured there will be a new skin next month for you to buy as well until they catch up to Korea's 200+ Doboks (costumes) so NCsoft will happily continue taking advantage of ignorant people. 

Don't look at me.  For any game worth paying anything, I *far* prefer the P2P model.  It's only common sense that it'll be less expensive.  In the F2P model, the people who pay have to "cover" all the people that aren't paying.  So pretty much by definition it'll be more expensive for them.  (Especially once you actually start looking at profit numbers, and discover that F2P makes far more money than P2P... which means the payers are "overcompensating" for the non-payers, so to speak.)

That said, a F2P game will tend to be more lively, with a higher population.  Now, the argument can be made that you simply condense the servers.  i.e. a game that's p2p, but everybody is on the same server, will feel just as lively on the server as a f2p game spread across 20 (or whatever) servers.  However, with modern features like cross server dungeon/arena, that isn't really true anymore.  On the f2p game you'll have 20 servers worth of people to do cross server activities with.

Of course, then comes the question.  Is it worth paying more for a "livelier" population?  To me?  Not really.  When it comes to MMORPG's, I tend to be more of a solo player.

I'm not really sure why some people find it an acceptable price. If you look around you can get decent full games for that price, full expansions were the full price, as said you can buy a real shirt for that price, you can buy movie tickets or the film outright for that price. All those things needed money to support their families, but here it seems like you get less value for your money. I'm relatively happy with the game so far, but it's a shame that I can't justify supporting the game (though there may be some things I do end up getting from time to time). It's not a problem completely exclusive to this game, I do have certain issues with f2p in general. While there are benefits in certain games, they often have a bunch of cons. Other games can have less expensive items and/or account wide stuff, but they can also gouge on certain other things or er more on the pay2win side. Frankly I'd like things to be fine tuned or at least kept away from going pay2win because the more I see the negatives of f2p, the more I'm turned off. As I said it's only the prices I'm concerned with so far and the game seems good in not forcing you into anything, but on the other hand, other f2p games have started nicer too.

As for the RNG boxes, they're lame but I've seen them often so I'm sort of ok with them since they're more ignorable. though I don't want things too crazy to happen to them or important exclusive items tucked inside them. My issue is with the more accessible items since there's not really any reason to lower your target audience or make them feel like they're not getting good value. It's what made me feel bad about spending money in previous games.

14 minutes ago, fruitie said:

I

The thing here is, whatever one might try or how hard they try, they can't please for over half of the community whatsoever, so in all honesty they just have to make do with what they have and please the most they can. 

Fun thing is, you always see players complain about their benefit such as " what can they get?" " why is that so expensive" " why is this so unreasonable"....etc. but have never once they asked what is good for the game and the company that is publishing said game, so they can be free loaders and play the game that they ever so desire. 

Archived