Mainatainance extended!

DeathAggro

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Allyson said:

Yep, I'm an imbecile. I completely agree with you. I wish I was smart like you and took some unpaid time off work to play a game during patch day when more often than not, many games new content days end up as extended/longer maintenances. :) However, I was stupid, and I decided to get paid today and not lose a day of work knowing that today was patch day. :)

Yeah I have to agree I wouldn't book time off for a maintenance day I just got lucky and mine fell on patch day. Was stoked to play pretty upset not only is my Premium Membership still counting down but also that I won't get another day off for quite some time more than likely. Just sucks that a game that isn't that huge takes this long for a small content update. Granted it happened on Aion too so I can't be too surprised really. However some of the bigger MMO's don't even have this much down time often. Usually the only time they do are on huge content updates. I wonder if they have a group of people that aren't college educated implementing data?

9 minutes ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

11. rng in this game is a b . . . .

12. farming daily (dailies) just to upgrade your weapons, and having the economy based around expensive crafts and boring dailies is bad.

I feel mostly like you, i feel like content is too poor, unless you find it attractive to do 1000times the same dungeon again and again... farming like that... i counted, i needed 350+ soulstones for sirens grade weap + acc, and i can have like 20 a day... so, during 2 weeks i'll be doing exactly the same thing, days, after days, after days... ok some more new content is coming, but how much times before the next release to allow me to do something new after this one ?
But i'm already addict to this gameplay, i'll wait and wait, but as i'm not a PvP players, i'll may get bored one day...
Anyway i'm off topic... I wanted to react on the random in this game...

It seems that when they put a /random, it's alwas calculated without take in account how many tries you've done... This is an horrible error, statistics laws will show you that some players will get everything at the first try, when others will never be able to get... So it create a fundamental unbalance based on nothing else than luck...
A lot of game use a false random, example, first try you have 20% chance to get it, but next time, if you haven't got it, it'll add another % of chance to get it, and again, and again, up to a cap near 100%, if you get it, the % return back to it's original, in order to limit the extreme luck to have it at first, and limit the chance to never have it... you can choose, by working on the random function, the number of tries min and max...

But this game doesn't do this, you come to a simple /random on each try... and so i've had some dungeon dropping no trade breakthrough weapons done more than 37 times !!! seriously, 37times... less than 3% chance... how boring... this shouldn't be possible...
They are not noob at programming/developping, but are there actual players of MMOs in the team ? i doubt...

33 minutes ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

im gonna buy and play black desert, fuq this rude way of communication/handling europe.

1. maintenance is always longer

2. they don't split na maintenance from eu maintenance

3. they didn't even listen to feedback from forums/surveys

4. balance is still garbage, they think we just wait for the next patch.

5. too many bugs/errors/localisationproblems even tho the game released so late.

6. pve got basically NOTHING to offer, besides boring dungeons that are stale and dailies everyday...

7. open pvp is sometimes kindah dead at least on my server... crimson legion are too scared, even tho they are "more", even worse if the servers are connected and noone from crimson pvp's in the open

8. open pvp and pve is kindah p2w anyways , more gold = better gear = easier and higher chance to win/notdie

9. prices in hongmoon store are completely weird

10. i didn't reach daily dash costume nr. 100 ( even tho i played since release ) , im guessing it was intended so only premiums reach it, or just a few handful with RNG luck

11. rng in this game is a b . . . .

12. farming daily (dailies) just to upgrade your weapons, and having the economy based around expensive crafts and boring dailies is bad.

could list more, i was so hyped for this game, and i like the combatsystem, but this "company" and "communication" and "problems"  is too much for me.

this didn't happen the first time. im sick of this.

Ok, everything, but... black desert? You could have said minesweeper and it would make more sense:)

7 minutes ago, BlindLITE said:

Yeah I have to agree I wouldn't book time off for a maintenance day I just got lucky and mine fell on patch day. Was stoked to play pretty upset not only is my Premium Membership still counting down but also that I won't get another day off for quite some time more than likely. Just sucks that a game that isn't that huge takes this long for a small content update. Granted it happened on Aion too so I can't be too surprised really. However some of the bigger MMO's don't even have this much down time often. Usually the only time they do are on huge content updates. I wonder if they have a group of people that aren't college educated implementing data?

They don't have the employees that a company like Blizzard or Riot has, and definitely don't have as many resources. The maintenance was only extended 2? hours so it wasn't even a long extension, but it is kind of expected that on patch days with a company/game of this size and with a lot of the issues the game currently has (such as translation issues, ninja looting, etc).

Maybe in the past I would have booked (paid) time off to play on patch day (such as WoW and when I used to raid), but I think after spending so many years playing MMO's I just don't get so excited for new content anymore and rather be at work to keep me busy (instead of waiting around for patch to finish) and have the earned pay. Sorry your day off landed on patch day, but it happens unfortunately and you just have to fill your time with something else (maybe chores? grocery shopping? studying?) in the meantime instead of doing those items later on in the day/week. But the wait can definitely be annoying, especially when you were told it would be up at X time and then is extended for an unknown amount of time.

Sounds like it is up now so hopefully you are enjoying playing the new content, I still have 2 more hours left of work :3

@Allyson

With all due respect, I think you are depicting ncsoft as two dudes in a basement, making a pixel platformer. Intended maintenance and such aren't things reserved for Blizzard and the like. Also, the game had a rough start server-wise. Even though it's an old game, even though ncsoft is experienced with these kinds of games and maintenances and even though everybody knew the game is pretty hyped.

The point being, it's not a crime to have an extended maintenance. On a last week maintenance, they actually finished ~30 mins before announced time. That's all fine. But, a lot of people complained about that rough start, and with right - and no, it's not a mandatory thing to have 5hrs maintenance every other day and enormous lag inbetween, it happens, but it isn't something that HAS to happen. This isn't 2004. WoW launch and it also isn't 2004. Blizzard who were like "omg how many people showed up wat do we do".

After those unexpected maintenances, queue times, additional server patches (why wasn't this predicted for example?), I would assume a lot of people are monitoring the further approach of ncsoft when it comes to bns. Meaning that, WoW servers can have a hiccup now, not a biggie. But this specific patch was, for many people I know, a chance at "redeeming", they were looking for it, not because of the content (I mean, yes, because of the content, but I am talking about this specific notion), but to see how long will the patch be applied for, will the predicted schedule be correct, will servers be laggy when they are back on and all that jazz. Ncsoft was extremely silent during the whole launch, with nothing but "sry lol" and a zero constructive, analytic exchange about any problems or issues. People gave them benefit of a doubt - as in, they are silent because they are preparing this awesome approach, manpower and polished flow to this game and oh boy, we can't wait. 

What I'm trying to say is, if you built consistent positive output, you can mess up, people will be surprised and frustrated, but when they "calm down" they will inevitably realize that, all things considered, you are a very cool guy. If you do the opposite, it would be wiser to "up your karma" as, yes, people will add up your errors and there's no reason they shouldn't.

What I am trying to say, context matters, I don't think these complaints are unwarranted and I also think they are fueled by bunch of other things and validly so. This is why I don't think they can be deflected with generalizations such as "it's normal" and "it's a big game", "surprisingly big playerbase" etc.

Their downtimes are already getting meme'd (which doesn't happen with every game/company, mind you) and they should have stepped up with this patch.

And no, I am not terribly personally affected, I didn't enter the game yet and maybe I even won't today at all, due to various reasons - which doesn't mean I can't assess the situation. (this isn't directed at you personally, just in case somebody decides to throw in something of that kind).

Okay so I have been reading through this topic even before I could log into the forums.  I have come to the conclusion that no matter the company behind the game... when a patch comes we gamers go from tryhards and cool kids to the *cricket* son nobody wants.  With that said... now for my two cents.

I updated already, I am simply waiting for any 'patch' updates and grab them for tomorrow when I got time to play.  I play US, during the time everyone else is at work.  Well most everyone.  I will say this much right now.  The patch implemented is no small patch... it is at the very least 1.6GB... EQ didn't implement active patching till 2000... and not many patches that big can be active patched...  However, they also had the time, money, teams, resources.  NCSoft does not.  

Now, it's one thing to download a patch, it's another to instal it on not one, not two... but dozens of servers and get the parameters for sub servers to acknowledge the fact they are sub servers and not part of one big server.  Complain all you want, but there are elements at play that players do not see.  Granted, they could give better info on what's causing the problem.  However, different companies have different policies.  It's not written in law books that they have to tell the player what's wrong.  Just a courtesy some companies give.

As for why there should or shouldn't be bugs?  Oh trust me, each machine has it's own little problems.  Anomolies you can say.  On top of that, when you translate a game.  Even a perfect translation will cause bugs.  Simply because the hardwire code and it's core needs to be altered in some way or another for those that work on the said project to understand the coding.  Yes NCSoft is taking their time, yes it is on EU's primetime.  Who the *cricket* cares?  Be paitent, go outside, have a snowball fight if there is snow.  Enjoy life... peel your sorry ass off that seat and reconect in a few hours.  Either way, stop being complete bastards twards eachother and NCSoft(even if they deserve it.)  It won't help the update go any faster.

1 minute ago, Roseenmark said:

Okay so I have been reading through this topic even before I could log into the forums.  I have come to the conclusion that no matter the company behind the game... when a patch comes we gamers go from tryhards and cool kids to the *cricket* son nobody wants.  With that said... now for my two cents.

I updated already, I am simply waiting for any 'patch' updates and grab them for tomorrow when I got time to play.  I play US, during the time everyone else is at work.  Well most everyone.  I will say this much right now.  The patch implemented is no small patch... it is at the very least 1.6GB... EQ didn't implement active patching till 2000... and not many patches that big can be active patched...  However, they also had the time, money, teams, resources.  NCSoft does not.  

Now, it's one thing to download a patch, it's another to instal it on not one, not two... but dozens of servers and get the parameters for sub servers to acknowledge the fact they are sub servers and not part of one big server.  Complain all you want, but there are elements at play that players do not see.  Granted, they could give better info on what's causing the problem.  However, different companies have different policies.  It's not written in law books that they have to tell the player what's wrong.  Just a courtesy some companies give.

As for why there should or shouldn't be bugs?  Oh trust me, each machine has it's own little problems.  Anomolies you can say.  On top of that, when you translate a game.  Even a perfect translation will cause bugs.  Simply because the hardwire code and it's core needs to be altered in some way or another for those that work on the said project to understand the coding.  Yes NCSoft is taking their time, yes it is on EU's primetime.  Who the *cricket* cares?  Be paitent, go outside, have a snowball fight if there is snow.  Enjoy life... peel your sorry ass off that seat and reconect in a few hours.  Either way, stop being complete bastards twards eachother and NCSoft(even if they deserve it.)  It won't help the update go any faster.

I think that people are aware of literally everything you pointed out. I think complaints have been made with that in mind. I mean, if people aren't aware of how the process goes, then the would expect the downtime to be like five minutes.

Also, I feel that the comment with peeling sorry asses from seats is unnecessary, as it paints everyone who complains as a no-life addict or something. It's like people can't complain based on some principle, for example. It takes credibility away from other parts of your post.

1 minute ago, Asuka said:

I think that people are aware of literally everything you pointed out. I think complaints have been made with that in mind. I mean, if people aren't aware of how the process goes, then the would expect the downtime to be like five minutes.

Also, I feel that the comment with peeling sorry asses from seats is unnecessary, as it paints everyone who complains as a no-life addict or something. It's like people can't complain based on some principle, for example. It takes credibility away from other parts of your post.

What I meant by peel their sorry asses from their seats as the simple term of instead of being impaitent.  Be productive.  Do something to pass the time.

56 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Do you actually play this game?

5 minutes into the server and already...

Sorry sir, didnt knew there is a guy with high standards.

I like the Anime, there are less than 5% (or even less than 5%) of anime which arent flooded with Ecchi shit.

Stop complaining. And yes , i watched alot of anime , and alot of GOOD Anime SIR

13 hours ago, FlockUndead said:

Sorry sir, didnt knew there is a guy with high standards.

I like the Anime, there are less than 5% (or even less than 5%) of anime which arent flooded with Ecchi shit.

Stop complaining. And yes , i watched alot of anime , and alot of GOOD Anime SIR

What are you even talking about?

I was talking about that the person before me said that they extended maint so we didn't have bugs and my response was that 5 minutes in, I already found one.

55 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

What are you even talking about?

I was talking about that the person before me said that they extended maint so we didn't have bugs and my response was that 5 minutes in, I already found one.

Forgive him, he most likely intended to quote the person posting before you, who bashed at the anime. 

Archived