Mainatainance extended!

DeathAggro

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tarask said:

Very first MMO ? i'm a long date Everquest player, i began playing it in 1999... and i don't remember any kind of problem like that...
First : update were made while playing, dynamic.
Second : if they were doing massive changes they were closing zones one by one, no more than one at a time, so you had all the other zone to keep on playing...
Three : even MASSIVE UPDATE (not just a dungeon and some game mechanics, i mean, a new continents, hundreds of new mobs, thousands of stuffs, new graphics) was downtime of less than 6 hours, and happening on localized downtimes !)
Four : They had a BETA TEST server, open for anybody who wanted it, and they were releasing any new updates on it, before final update on regular server, so everything was tested in live...

This was back when Quality > Quantity though.

2 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Do you actually play this game?

5 minutes into the server and already...

Yes I do play this game. I play it almost everyday. Now if you don't like it you can shut up and try and give NCSoft some time

Dreamer0526

What exteel????  so you compare a (tabula rasa) open world against a lobby(exteel)game ?

Srry man tabula had bases that got captured by ai mobs,dropships in the middle of nowhere,supersy abilities ect ect.

And tons of players + magic memleaks that i never saw again.

The best robot lobbygame at that moment imho

5 minutes ago, Tarask said:

Very first MMO ? i'm a long date Everquest player, i began playing it in 1999... and i don't remember any kind of problem like that...
First : update were made while playing, dynamic.
Second : if they were doing massive changes they were closing zones one by one, no more than one at a time, so you had all the other zone to keep on playing...
Three : even MASSIVE UPDATE (not just a dungeon and some game mechanics, i mean, a new continents, hundreds of new mobs, thousands of stuffs, new graphics) was downtime of less than 6 hours, and happening on localized downtimes !)
Four : They had a BETA TEST server, open for anybody who wanted it, and they were releasing any new updates on it, before final update on regular server, so everything was tested in live...

Wow a fellow EQ'r!  We're a rare species these days ;)

Only thing I dislike about these extended maintenance, downtime, etc, is that people pay for time-based premium items. Like premium service itself.

And it would be okay to have downtime, but in FFXIV, WOW, and in any other title really - people got compensated for these downtimes.

Of course we know NCSoft is NCSoft. It's like EA or Ubisoft, only for MMO games.

So yeah I am not surprised. :(

Played Rift and MS one is from Trion and one is from Nexon NA but I also didn't take days off back when I played those cause I didn't have a job back then. Now I barely get any days off if any in an entire month. I got lucky and got today off was stoked to play all day and nope lol. The worst part is that it takes them this long for a small content update. Other MMO's wouldn't have taken this long. Sometimes they do but usually those are huge updates.

5 minutes ago, HowlingWolf said:

You're an imbecile.

I booked the time off, believing the maintenance would be completed by the time advertised.

Yep, I'm an imbecile. I completely agree with you. I wish I was smart like you and took some unpaid time off work to play a game during patch day when more often than not, many games new content days end up as extended/longer maintenances. :) However, I was stupid, and I decided to get paid today and not lose a day of work knowing that today was patch day. :)

Archived