Mainatainance extended!

DeathAggro

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fsol said:

For those new to Ncsoft, you missed something great in the past.

To me the best mmo there had been and still isnt surpased not even by Defiance.

But ofc Ncsoft felt different then most players.

Nah dude, Exteel was the best ffs with robots.

This delay, despite it being almost an entire day of un-play-ability for EU wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't seen the patch notes regarding the spread damage buff to Blade Dancer, Force Master and Summoner.

Now this several hours of not being able to play just got worse :(

4 minutes ago, CammyChan said:

All of these people complaining about maintenance on A FREE GAME THAT THEY AREN'T REQUIRED TO PAY A CENT FOR. Yall need to be a little more understanding of that very very simple factor and just be patient. The game will be playable when the game is playable.

that literally made me laugh. its a free game. yes. but there are some that actually do pay for stuff from market. maybe you thought that if you played free others do too. sure its a free to play game. but as to you saying not paying a single cent its kinda dumb ..

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

Ninfu, that isn't the sole basis of my reply. I'm listing it can be a potential concern. There are other concerns noted such as running into a variety of unforeseeable issues I am not aware of. Of course I'm only speaking to the information I have at hand. As mentioned, all options are being explored on what is best.

thanks for the info hime. guess what i would like to know is that is there a time line when the servers would be restored. coz yeah . it is getting quite late. . sould i expect the servers to be up before midnight. or do i have to wait till tomorrow.

see just give the time servers might be up again. and you might just be rid of this backlash you guys are getting.

What people fail to realize is this is patched from old korean patches  way way back, Has for bugs there really shouldn't be any.

When they do patches like this they should include the small bug fix patches at same time.

But my thoughts are only real changes are language code. Only time you get major bugs is when someone decides to add something else that wasn't in the original game.

My only complaint about this version is asian players dont want  Americans to play on their servers yet they come to USWEst server thinking they will get a leg up.

And they also show a lot of racism...well thats my opinion

Dont get me wrong I have alot of korean friends that are great players...but that only like 20%

And after 7 hours i can log into the forums ... was there maint on the forums too because that was message I've been getting for 7 hours ...looks like no game time for me now and this may well be the first patch....but last few weeks the servers have been down a lot for one reason or another and having maint 2x in weeks the past weeks really sucked too. 

Due to this I wont be getting premium because why should I when half the time the servers are down in my play time.

1 minute ago, Hime said:

It is best to roll out updates and changes all at once versus maintaining two completely separate versions of Blade & Soul that may lead to a variety of issues. If we have two separate maintenance for the regions, you also run into the issue of one region having access to content earlier than the other, and potentially other community issues.

I have to apologize but in my eyes that's not a proper argument against the separation of the servers. It doesn't specify the issues that could arise from it, only states that there might be "variety" of them. That new content would be available in one region 12h to 24h before the other region is indeed true, but what actual, practical negative impact would that have? Not clarified.

Consider that a lot of MMOs games have separate server infrastructures and that has not proven to be a problem. Why would BnS be an exception?

Could you go in more detail regarding what actual issues the separation would cause? I am just trying to understand.

im gonna buy and play black desert, fuq this rude way of communication/handling europe.

1. maintenance is always longer

2. they don't split na maintenance from eu maintenance

3. they didn't even listen to feedback from forums/surveys

4. balance is still garbage, they think we just wait for the next patch.

5. too many bugs/errors/localisationproblems even tho the game released so late.

6. pve got basically NOTHING to offer, besides boring dungeons that are stale and dailies everyday...

7. open pvp is sometimes kindah dead at least on my server... crimson legion are too scared, even tho they are "more", even worse if the servers are connected and noone from crimson pvp's in the open

8. open pvp and pve is kindah p2w anyways , more gold = better gear = easier and higher chance to win/notdie

9. prices in hongmoon store are completely weird

10. i didn't reach daily dash costume nr. 100 ( even tho i played since release ) , im guessing it was intended so only premiums reach it, or just a few handful with RNG luck

11. rng in this game is a b . . . .

12. farming daily (dailies) just to upgrade your weapons, and having the economy based around expensive crafts and boring dailies is bad.

could list more, i was so hyped for this game, and i like the combatsystem, but this "company" and "communication" and "problems"  is too much for me.

this didn't happen the first time. im sick of this.

1 hour ago, HowlingWolf said:

Sorry Hime, I love bashing. Especially when I have booked my time off work to play (i've got proof of that), meaning I'll make less money this month AND I'm not playing.

So... you booked time off work to play when it's been advertised, for weeks, that new content will be released on 2/10 (today) which means inevitable maintenance and patching? This is kind of hilarious and at the same time the lack of common sense is concerning. 

1 minute ago, CammyChan said:

All of these people complaining about maintenance on A FREE GAME THAT THEY AREN'T REQUIRED TO PAY A CENT FOR. Yall need to be a little more understanding of that very very simple factor and just be patient. The game will be playable when the game is playable.

And this is exactly why NCsoft has to show performance - the game's free. Nobody's gonna invest money with that poor performance. Or are you gonna buy a car that's driving sometimes and sometimes it doesn't?

We all saw it coming. Looking back at the poor server performance we have since game lauch, everyone of us could see it coming that this maintenance won't be done in 6h. If my boss saw me doing such obvious poor performance; I wouldn't get away with that like NCsoft ... well, apparently the players are more forgiving than industrial standards. Good for NCsoft.

Doing mistakes is okay, but doing mistakes over several weeks .. whoever of you had a job know that this is not tolerated usually. None of us can "fire" NCsoft. But silently return to our old MMOs. Because we don't have built up enough assets, trust and gold to stay.

Just now, Allyson said:

So... you booked time off work to play when it's been advertised, for weeks, that new content will be released on 2/10 (today) which means inevitable maintenance and patching? This is kind of hilarious and at the same time the lack of common sense is concerning. 

You're an imbecile.

I booked the time off, believing the maintenance would be completed by the time advertised.

Oh and for once could yall stop complaining. Its a game that they are trying not to have bugs in. At least we have a company trying their best to work with us unlike Sega and their PSO2 whenever they do an update they break things.

1 minute ago, FlockUndead said:

You guys need to calm down, there is an anime about Blade and Soul which is pretty damn awesome. Just keep calm and try to take some time with your family and shit.

Everything will be allright in some hours.

first of all that anime is garbage, second of all that anime is fanservice full of ecchi.

they ruined the potential of an anime.

Just now, Syy said:

Oh and for once could yall stop complaining. Its a game that they are trying not to have bugs in. At least we have a company trying their best to work with us unlike Sega and their PSO2 whenever they do an update they break things.

Do you actually play this game?

5 minutes into the server and already...

2 minutes ago, Aranon said:

Extended patch times goes back to the very first of MMO's. If this is your first MMO or first time on a new MMO then get used to extended patch times especially with large updates I am surprised, however, that after an hour and a half an update hasn't been posted as to whether 1) they need more time to isolate the problem, 2) they have found the problem and are working on a solution or 3) we broke the shit bad and have know idea wtf is going on.

I wish it would happen soon either way because i'm tired of hitting my refresh button.

Very first MMO ? i'm a long date Everquest player, i began playing it in 1999... and i don't remember any kind of problem like that...
First : update were made while playing, dynamic.
Second : if they were doing massive changes they were closing zones one by one, no more than one at a time, so you had all the other zone to keep on playing...
Three : even MASSIVE UPDATE (not just a dungeon and some game mechanics, i mean, a new continents, hundreds of new mobs, thousands of stuffs, new graphics) was downtime of less than 6 hours, and happening on localized downtimes !)
Four : They had a BETA TEST server, open for anybody who wanted it, and they were releasing any new updates on it, before final update on regular server, so everything was tested in live...

2 minutes ago, HowlingWolf said:

You're an imbecile.

I booked the time off, believing the maintenance would be completed by the time advertised.

And that is the dumbest thing to do dude. Work should come first man.

Archived