Mainatainance extended!

DeathAggro

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AnotherEli said:

too_much_salt_360.jpg

The first O and the a is sloppy made with clear markers where the finger started.. 4/10.

Anyways.. It sucks but what can you do? Problems happen and NCWest have their track record of extending so I dont know why everyone is so surprised.

Just kick back and do something else for a while

Oh and Im an EU player so it affects my primetime as well but meh, dont sweat it too much, its gonna be worth the wait!

1 minute ago, Rhazes said:

What we know its not being extended for.

Master loot has been disabled from cross server dungeons. 

Vote to kick has been turned back on in cross server dungeons.

Account wide costume unlock.

Hue...

And fixing the forced death bugs such as falling through the bridge on Poh's area.

Or getting murdered by your party while going towards the boss because they activated the firewall while you were crossing the area.

We can go on and on...

12 minutes ago, Siriya said:

They should take a look at Guild Wars 2 ,and learn from them. >_> There is no server down time at all for maintenance or patches. You can play while they are working. You get a message ingame to update your game when they're done and that's it. If you dont update, it will close and update automatically after 1 hour.  

Take some notes!

A lot of games have this now. The problem is that this takes extra resources. Obviously, they need these extra resources to make sure that the bots can play.

13 minutes ago, Siriya said:

They should take a look at Guild Wars 2 ,and learn from them. >_> There is no server down time at all for maintenance or patches. You can play while they are working. You get a message ingame to update your game when they're done and that's it. If you dont update, it will close and update automatically after 1 hour.  

Take some notes!

I heard arena net has a patent on that though :(

13 minutes ago, HowlingWolf said:

Sorry Hime, I love bashing. Especially when I have booked my time off work to play (i've got proof of that), meaning I'll make less money this month AND I'm not playing.

So you knew there would be new content on the 10th, but didn't expect there to be a maintenance beforehand to implement it?

Or considering every other planned maintenance is scheduled around NA times, you expected this one to be different?

Honestly, what did you think was going to happen?

26 minutes ago, Rhazes said:

What we know its not being extended for.

Master loot has been disabled from cross server dungeons. 

Vote to kick has been turned back on in cross server dungeons.

Account wide costume unlock.

Why would it be? They're doing server maintenance. I'm sure they could bring things up if you want servers to crash or database errors. Instead we should be patient as it will be for the best and continue to give our constructive feedback.

32 minutes ago, Hime said:

Our current maintenance times are inconvenient for EU players but for updates like these, the down time will be longer. Future scheduled maintenance downtime (outside of game updates or significant changes) will not be as long so it will have less of an impact.

We are also considering adjusting our maintenance window and that has been a work in progress as there are a few factors to consider.

What you said kind of gives me the impression that NCwest is considering other solutions but not the one that would be the most convenient for the American and European users: the complete separation of the NA and EU servers and hiring of EU based staff to take care of the European server maintenance.

If you're indeed not planning on separating the servers, and I am not simply misinterpreting your statement, could you divulge information on why this is not even considered an option?

1 minute ago, Belly Da Melly said:

This is what i want them to answer on every time they do this, and they never do.

Because they dont want to tell their customers that either some one screwed up or hamsters need longer break

Just now, Jiggy said:

What you said kind of gives me the impression that NCwest is considering other solutions but not the one that would be the most convenient for the American and European users: the complete separation of the NA and EU servers and hiring of EU based staff to take care of the European server maintenance.

If you're indeed not planning on separating the servers, and I am not simply misinterpreting your statement, could you divulge information on why this is not even considered an option?

Because this option would be more expensive of course.

1 minute ago, Jiggy said:

Theres simple answer to this. Money. They dont want to spent money. They want to hoard it as much as they can and expect players to accept unfair and bad treatment.

Only way to get something we want is just simply stop spending any money till they realise they cannot treat European players like this. In FFXIV it took ages to get own datacenter and game was horrible to play from EU. Most likely NCsoft wont be giving us own datacenter any time soon or never.

40 minutes ago, AnotherEli said:

I feel for you EU brothers but you gotta remember your servers are actually in America with our servers. That being said the primary reason your maintenance is done during your prime time is the server staff is likely operating a 9am-5pm job like most white collar employees. I'm sorry but until they move your EU servers to Europe I doubt this will change. It's highly unlikely this is done out of spite. If you had a family and worked a normal day job would you want to come in at 10pm-4am and complete your duties? No your family would be upset and your sleep schedule would hate you. Just have a little patience and hope that the EU playerbase expands to a level they can afford to move your servers. Sorry again EU neighbors.

I get what you're saying; but as someone who's worked IT devel, QA, and implementation for WAY too long...I can assure you every implementation I've ever done required me to come in anywhere between 2-4am CST.  I have to have the system back up and functioning correctly before the east coast wakes up. It must seem seamless to the end user. So yeah, the not providing different imp times for other time zones is a strange thing to me; but not in my gaming experience.  I guess there's a different IT mentality  between RL devel expectations and MMORPG expectations.  Maybe it's just the nature of the beast, ghosts in the machine, or gaming shops are more relaxed.  I can say that it's in my experience working on mainframe and server/client devel; the server/client implementation always seemed to suffer from some unknown something server side being changed on a production server that never made it to the test server.  I'm not saying that's what happened here just that's what happened to me a lot. 

It's the network admins fault!  jk sort of... ;)

2 minutes ago, Jiggy said:

Probably has been considered, but monies. $$

7 minutes ago, fruitie said:

Why would it be? They're doing server maintenance. I'm sure they could bring things up if you want servers to crash or database errors. Instead we should be patient as it will be for the best and continue to give our constructive feedback.

Patient for the best ? i guess we can have a 6 months break so :p

3 minutes ago, Belly Da Melly said:

Like i give a shit, i just want to know what happened

I want to know it too but we dont. Or if they give us some sort of answer it will be something really round about what does not explain anything. like "we had unexpected error when we did this and that so we had to figure out where the problem was and then we had to find solution but its soon over"

Archived