8 week daily dash

pingal1ty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GnatB said:

Probably because it was never said?  While I definitely remember the devs saying that the outfit from the opposite region would eventually be available, I don't remember them ever specifying the manner in which they would be available.

Devs didn't say about the costume in daily dash, but they confirmed that both costumes will be available in the cash shop in the future, so at least something ;)

2 hours ago, heavy71 said:

sjees al the complaning about this its free enjoy it or dont do it and shut up whining about that you dont like it

12 hours ago, Kaom said:

People still complaining about free stuff in the year of 2016 , this is amazing .

etc. etc.

I am sick of people who give this sort of replies without even thinking them through. It was part of my premium membership to spin it 5 times a day and get stuff that I actually need. But it was all a scam from a terrible company like NCWest, who are no better than EA, just way, way cheaper. At least EA tell you from the start that your deal will be bad. I am terribly sorry to have bought a Master's pack for the value that I got. Not gonna throw in a single penny more with this kind of services.

Also, it is my, and everyone else's right to complain in this beautiful free world, so can it, people who wanna hold NCWest's hand in this, they do not deserve it, nor will they earn it too soon if they keep these services up.

17 minutes ago, victorfilip said:

etc. etc.

I am sick of people who give this sort of replies without even thinking them through. It was part of my premium membership to spin it 5 times a day and get stuff that I actually need. But it was all a scam from a terrible company like NCWest, who are no better than EA, just way, way cheaper. At least EA tell you from the start that your deal will be bad. I am terribly sorry to have bought a Master's pack for the value that I got. Not gonna throw in a single penny more with this kind of services.

Also, it is my, and everyone else's right to complain in this beautiful free world, so can it, people who wanna hold NCWest's hand in this, they do not deserve it, nor will they earn it too soon if they keep these services up.

They said during the beta that the Daily Dash board and the amount of spins are not final.....

Stop complaining, they said so before. If you're salty then just leave.

I will complain if I feel I was scammed, which I was. If that is fine with you, then go play the game you love so much, do not waste time here, trying to convince me all is fine, when it is not.

And of course they said they are not final, since they were always thinking of making them totally useless.

P.S. if you use the words "salt", "calm" or "tits" to reply to me, I will ignore you.

5 hours ago, victorfilip said:

etc. etc.

You have payed for a CHANCE to get SOMETHING , it wasn't GUARANTEED it was a CHANCE OK ?

6 hours ago, STR4ng3r said:

Devs didn't say about the costume in daily dash, but they confirmed that both costumes will be available in the cash shop in the future, so at least something ;)

Nice!  When did they confirm this?  Not that I don't believe you... trust but verify.  You understand.  :)

1 hour ago, Kaom said:

You have payed for a CHANCE to get SOMETHING , it wasn't GUARANTEED it was a CHANCE OK ?

A chance? Are you serious right now? What is this, *cricket*ing lottery?

I honestly think that all these people taking NC's side are actually NC employees because nobody in their right mind would say crap like this.

4 minutes ago, victorfilip said:

A chance? Are you serious right now? What is this, *cricket*ing lottery?

I honestly think that all these people taking NC's side are actually NC employees because nobody in their right mind would say crap like this.

Actually it is a freaking lottery in case you haven't noticed yet lol .

I am not taking NC's side dude , how the hell did you came to this conclusion .

I'm right there with you , it sucks but it's free stuff at the end of the day . And since nowhere does it say " you're guaranteed to get this and this reward " ofc it's a lottery . The carrot on the stick , you name it .

And for the record honestly you're the one not thinking straight buying into these cash grab schemes , seriously .

11 minutes ago, Kaom said:

Actually it is a freaking lottery in case you haven't noticed yet lol .

I am not taking NC's side dude , how the hell did you came to this conclusion .

I'm right there with you , it sucks but it's free stuff at the end of the day . And since nowhere does it say " you're guaranteed to get this and this reward " ofc it's a lottery . The carrot on the stick , you name it .

And for the record honestly you're the one not thinking straight buying into these cash grab schemes , seriously .

Oh excuse me, I guess I was expecting someone to take their side so bad that I couldn't detect your irony anymore lol.

As for falling for their schemes, I suppose I did let myself be the victim, true, but after playing a EA mmo for a while, I thought it cannot get worse than that. I guess I was wrong.

Just now, victorfilip said:

Oh excuse me, I guess I was expecting someone to take their side so bad that I couldn't detect your irony anymore lol.

As for falling for their schemes, I suppose I did let myself be the victim, true, but after playing a EA mmo for a while, I thought it cannot get worse than that. I guess I was wrong.

I'm not saying it's wrong to spend money if you're having fun , some dude bought an island for hundreds of thausands of dollars in some online game - it was fun for him so he did it . But NCSOFT have had this pattern of ... not being entirely transparent when it comes to thier ingame cash shops and item descriptions and what not for year .

Don't mean to school you or anything , but next time do some research before you spend money on a " Free to Play " game and its publisher .

I promice you , you'll have great results if you only do the research before hand .

3 minutes ago, Kaom said:

I'm not saying it's wrong to spend money if you're having fun , some dude bought an island for hundreds of thausands of dollars in some online game - it was fun for him so he did it . But NCSOFT have had this pattern of ... not being entirely transparent when it comes to thier ingame cash shops and item descriptions and what not for year .

Don't mean to school you or anything , but next time do some research before you spend money on a " Free to Play " game and its publisher .

I promice you , you'll have great results if you only do the research before hand .

I did play NCsoft games before, published by the same NCWest, but they usually make the games P2W, that was their major flaw with the cash shop. And if you were to get a premium account, you would really feel happy with it. Which is why I am disappointed with the way they did things here. Not that I want P2W or anything, I just want the daily dash to have venture tokens as it did in beta, and it still does in any other region. They just got greedy with that.

Just now, victorfilip said:

I did play NCsoft games before, published by the same NCWest, but they usually make the games P2W, that was their major flaw with the cash shop. And if you were to get a premium account, you would really feel happy with it. Which is why I am disappointed with the way they did things here. Not that I want P2W or anything, I just want the daily dash to have venture tokens as it did in beta, and it still does in any other region. They just got greedy with that.

Yeah well they are actually doing this to themselves at the end of the day , what can you do ^^

Objectively, NCSoft has no obligation to give players free, if mostly valueless, shit.  They chose to, so it's difficult to complain.  They also can't give away a free costume every month; their output is simply not high enough ( probably because they're cheap and lazy ).

Subjectively, it's still vastly inferior to the last daily dash and that sucks.

That said, make no mistake: the daily dash does not exist as a courtesy to players, it exists for purely business reasons.  The daily dash motivates players to log in every day, which keeps those players playing the game which in turn makes those players more likely to invest in the game.  Furthermore, the single venture token you could potentially get by itself does not enable you to purchase anything; you will need several which will take months to acquire.  Many players can't wait that long, so they will figure, "well, I've got money in the bank, and it would be a waste to not use it, so I'll add more money so I can use it."  One of the oldest tricks in the book.

They said this in repeated turns: "Players will be able to purchase most of the cash shop items with HM coins as well." Along with the beta daily dash that offered quite a bit of venture tokens, they were meant to lead us to believe it will be a viable way of purchasing shop items. Now, they offer this piece of crap. 

Yes, they are under no obligation of giving us free HM coins, but just as well, I (and many others who feel the same as me, but lost all hope and won't even bother to write on the forum) am under no obligation to buy any more premium subs. Or anything else, for that matter.

As long as they are going to sqeeze for money, me and all those people will not pay. They end up losing player base, constant source of income, approval rate and so on and so forth, for some quick easy cash. By the time they realize how stupid they are, BOOM!!! game dead. 

And unfortunately, I am quite sure there are lots of people who accept being treated like cash sources and nothing more, which will only give NC a reason so keep squeezing.

And on top of all, this poor hardware they are running the game on is not worth 12 euros a month anyway.

On 2/10/2016 at 1:25 PM, Rukkirii said:

The costumes from the first Daily Dash will not be within the new continuous Daily Dash.

:\ I really hope you bring it back at some point. Kind of crappy to only let us get one for one character... and I know people who didn't even reach the end, so they got no costume at all.

I think I'd rather see the contest costumes included in the game somehow. Just like how most costumes are a random drop (ugh! but fine, I guess) or bought for a certain ammount of tokens.

What about making them available at the Fishbelly Pub for...whatever those festival tokens are called? Currently it has ONE outfit that is usable only by Lyn males. Seems like a huge waste of a currency and vendor. Or maybe available for achievement points? Or just put it back on the Daily Dashes somewhere.

On a side note: Hongmoon coin adquisition is a bit of a joke. Unless it skyrockets SOMEHOW at high level, I don't see that being a viable way of acquiring anything.

1 hour ago, Spiderbot said:

On a side note: Hongmoon coin adquisition is a bit of a joke. Unless it skyrockets SOMEHOW at high level, I don't see that being a viable way of acquiring anything.

It is a joke because they reduced the way of obtaining them so you are forced to purchase NCoin if you want to buy anything from shop... like inventory expansion (seriously now, what other game do you know of that FORCES people to spend cash to expand their inventory?)

Whoever made this business plan deserves ............(fill this with whatever terrible things you can think of).

9 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Furthermore, the single venture token you could potentially get by itself does not enable you to purchase anything; you will need several which will take months to acquire.  Many players can't wait that long, so they will figure, "well, I've got money in the bank, and it would be a waste to not use it, so I'll add more money so I can use it."  One of the oldest tricks in the book.

As I understand it, you have to pay entirely in one currency or the other, so you can't figure "well, I've got hongmoons in the bank, and it would be a waste to not use it, so I'll add more money so I can use it".

And they didn't lie.  You can purchase most of the items in the store with hongmoon coins.  They never said it would be easy though.  (and, to point out, if/when the currency exchange goes live that will be the primary source of hongmoon coins)

They never said anything to the contrary of what they did, but they implied a lot, and most of that lot did not happen. 

Basically, everything they did, it was to cash in... and again I say that it is a good thing to cash in, but they lack any kind of tact, to the point that it is frustrating for the average player. A small, but steady source of hongmoon coins, like the token from completing the wheel, wouldn't have hurt their finances at all. But the way they treat us will hurt them, at least from my end. 

I say it in all seriousness that this company is worse than EA when it comes to greed. At least with SWTOR, they gave 500 cash currency everytime you subbed, and 100 more for having a security authentification through your mobile device. A character slot was 400 currency, so I would say the two games' currencies are about the same value. And everything from the cash shop was tradeable, so you could purchase it with in-game currency if you wanted. 

If EA, the embodiment of greed and carelessness toward player wishes, managed to do such a thing, why can't these guys do it? 

11 hours ago, wootwoots said:

this daily dash is so bad... they didnt even switched the fan made outfit.. i mean...

Not even a poor venture token on completion. The 2 dragon pouches they give are almost saying "We know we should've been a venture token, but NCWest is so, so cheap..."

Archived