8 week daily dash

pingal1ty

I actually don't mind the 8-week daily dash. It's perfectly designed so that even the unluckiest people whom roll only "1"s on every roll could finish the daily dash:

8 weeks = 56 days from where I come from. 2 rolls per day means you get a maximum of 112 rolls. Getting "1" just 100 times means you've finished the daily dash. This means you can even safely slack off for 6 days. 

Why not 7 weeks instead of 8? Because 2 rolls for each of the 49 days would mean some really unlucky people will *cricket* and cry when they get "1" on every roll and only get to 98/100. With 8 weeks, players have nobody to blame but themselves if they can't get 100/100.

For once a game tries to be more fair, and people are hating. Sheeesh xP.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT

A new Daily Dash will be introduced with the new Rising Waters patch. This new Daily Dash will be a continuous loop, so once you reach the end, you will loop back to the beginning and be able to continue your daily spins for rewards.

4 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

A new Daily Dash will be introduced with the new Rising Waters patch. This new Daily Dash will be a continuous loop, so once you reach the end, you will loop back to the beginning and be able to continue your daily spins for rewards.

What about the costumes?

5 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Oooo... I like that - accessible for the unlucky and rewarding for the lucky.

Thanks for the info, Rukki.

56 minutes ago, SFrame said:

0. With 8 weeks, players have nobody to blame but themselves if they can't get 100/100.

Sorry, a storm blew a tree on my powerline and I couldn't play for 3 days. Apparently that was my fault now?

(There were longer outages as well).

1 minute ago, SinNoAria said:

Sorry, a storm blew a tree on my powerline and I couldn't play for 3 days. Apparently that was my fault now?

There are better excuses, you know. :P
(For example, storms have forecasts; earthquakes don't.)

At&t once cut my internet without any justification for 2 days; I didn't let technical bullshit get between me and my gaming. I took my sister's laptop, braved the outside world, and camped outside a coffee shop at night to get gaming in my veins. It's your fault for letting real life stand between you and 100/100.

:D

2 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Who says there will BE costumes?  IIRC during beta the final spot was one of those coins you use to craft hongmoon coins. (venture coin?)

The fact that there were other costume winners? Lol, I'm asking WHEN we'll be getting the costume event daily dash. What does beta have to do with that? There's two types of daily dash - costumes will be like the previous one with only 1 go around the board while continuous is... continuous.

7 minutes ago, SFrame said:

There are better excuses, you know. :P
(For example, storms have forecasts; earthquakes don't.)

At&t once cut my internet without any justification for 2 days; I didn't let technical bullshit get between me and my gaming. I took my sister's laptop, braved the outside world, and camped outside a coffee shop at night to get gaming in my veins. It's your fault for letting real life stand between you and 100/100.

:D

Sorry, no laptop. Not everyone can afford both a laptop AND a desktop.  Some people are barely even running the game. Some people can't even get a coffee shop at night to camp at. (I know a few people who live in places where there is no free wifi anywhere within reasonable travel distance).

Also, most minor storms aren't even noticed until something happens like a power line gets cut. Major storms? You have evacuation notices. No gaming.

15 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

4 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Sorry, no laptop. Not everyone can afford both a laptop AND a desktop.  Some people are barely even running the game. Some people can't even get a coffee shop at night to camp at. (I know a few people who live in places where there is no free wifi anywhere within reasonable travel distance).

Wait, are you really arguing that 8 weeks isn't long enough? Or is this Poe's Law kicking in? 

Just now, Magichan said:

Wait, are you really arguing that 8 weeks isn't long enough? Or is this Poe's Law kicking in? 

No, we're debating whether it's his fault that he can't game or not.

6 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Also, most minor storms aren't even noticed until something happens like a power line gets cut. Major storms? You have evacuation notices. No gaming.

No friends or family to mooch internet off of? Too busy with work and school to game? Too poor to afford internet? PC a potato?

While that's not always within your control, it most certainly isn't within NCsoft's. If you love gaming enough, you'll do a lot more to get what you need. I've done some things in my teens that I'm not particularly proud of just to ascend to the upper echelons of my old MMO. I sacrificed a clean record and my perfect GPA to get here. But did I get to game every day? Yes I did. 

Your life's in your hands. Excuses that get other people to take the blame are great (and often recommended!). But excuses that say that you can't do anything about your situation (if you ever considered using them)... they help nobody. My point is that some of the guys at Blade&Soul apparently seem to be making an effort to keep the game fun and its daily dash rewards accessible. It's up to us to do the rest.

The sad truth of life is that life is the worst game you'll ever play. The devs there have long since given up on pleasing its players. :P

2 minutes ago, SFrame said:

Your life's in your hands. Excuses that get other people to take the blame are great (and often recommended!). But excuses that say that you can't do anything about your situation (if you ever considered using them)... they help nobody. My point is that some of the guys at Blade&Soul apparently seem to be making an effort to keep the game fun and its daily dash rewards accessible. It's up to us to do the rest.

The sad truth of life is that life is the worst game you'll ever play. The devs there have long since given up on pleasing its players. :P

Dude u know how interesting these life lessons are, coming from Hajoon?

11 minutes ago, SFrame said:

No, we're debating whether it's his fault that he can't game or not.

No friends or family to mooch internet off of? Too busy with work and school to game? Too poor to afford internet? PC a potato?

While that's not always within your control, it most certainly isn't within NCsoft's. If you love gaming enough, you'll do a lot more to get what you need. I've done some things in my teens that I'm not particularly proud of just to ascend to the upper echelons of my old MMO. I sacrificed a clean record and my perfect GPA to get here. But did I get to game every day? Yes I did. 

Yeah, and I was trying to not get into extremes. Why? Because the argument for that becomes: "Well, maybe you shouldn't be playing games then." or "Well, you have bigger things to worry about then." or something along those lines.

I've seen people who were sent to the hospital and couldn't game. They wanted to, but couldn't.

I've seen people get their stuff stolen.

I've seen the results of crimes where people couldn't play for a while.

And you are saying it is their fault that they couldn't game? I'm not saying that they aren't making it accessible. I'm just saying, don't blame the player every time.

52 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

I feel much better now, thank you

10 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Yeah, and I was trying to not get into extremes. Why? Because the argument for that becomes: "Well, maybe you shouldn't be playing games then." or "Well, you have bigger things to worry about then." or something along those lines.

I've seen people who were sent to the hospital and couldn't game. They wanted to, but couldn't.

I've seen people get their stuff stolen.

I've seen the results of crimes where people couldn't play for a while.

And you are saying it is their fault that they couldn't game? I'm not saying that they aren't making it accessible. I'm just saying, don't blame the player every time.

It's a perspective of life, bro. I blame so that I can change shit. It just so happens that I prefer blaming myself because if I'm counting on something to change, I'm the first guy in line to make that change. :P

I don't take blaming as a negative aspect; I don't see guns as killers. But I you don't think you can ever see blaming as a useful social utility, I'm not gonna force you.

6 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

Yes! Derail the thread so it gets closed! Let the meaningless arguments flow through you.. yes, yes good...

Shhhh!! You're ruining it--! Can't you see when a troll's hard at work!?
Meh, whatevers.

(Sheesh. What a snitch.) >.>

1 minute ago, SFrame said:

It's a perspective of life, bro. I blame so that I can change shit. It just so happens that I prefer blaming myself because if I'm counting on something to change, I'm the first guy in line to make that change. :P

I don't take blaming as a negative aspect; I don't see guns as killers. But I you don't think you can ever see blaming as a useful social utility, I'm not gonna force you.

Shhhh!! You're ruining it--!
Meh, whatevers.

(Sheesh. What a snitch.) >.>

Not everything can be changed.  I don't mind blame when it is justified, but shotgun blames are rarely a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

0Lxo4jdf.png

Shoo--! Shoo! Go away! Fetch--!!

(*throws a chicken leg*)

6 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Not everything can be changed.  I don't mind blame when it is justified, but shotgun blames are rarely a good thing.

Never shoot yourself in the leg. Everything can be changed. Even these known "laws" of physics. Just with great difficulty and work.

In the end, it's more a question of "how much do I want to", or "is it worth it?". But it'll usually come around and point back at oneself.

EDIT: here - watch this if you're just sitting around and waiting on maintenance like me. Even if you don't agree with it, I think it'll at least give you a few chuckles while we wait:

(btw, warning: it's 15 minutes)

12 minutes ago, SFrame said:

Shoo--! Shoo! Go away! Fetch--!!

(*throws a chicken leg*)

Never shoot yourself in the leg. Everything can be changed. Even these known "laws" of physics. Just with great difficulty and work.

In the end, it's more a question of "how much do I want to", or "is it worth it?". But it'll usually come around and point back at oneself.

A [censored] gets [censored] by his family, is [censored] since birth. His fault right? He can change it right? 

I'm sorry, but sometimes you can't change it if you are the one directly involved. Only those from the outside can really change it and only if they care.

Maybe it is just the nature of the jobs I've worked, but I've seen some messed up stuff.

29 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

A child gets abused by his family, is locked up since birth. His fault right? He can change it right?

Watch that video I edited into my previous post if you have some time.

But yes. :P
I don't have enough information about the child and his family to work with to provide a solution for his predicament, but if you assume that he has the mental faculties and the motivation to use those mental faculties, my answer will always be "Yes - he can change his life."

'Course, if he's too mentally damaged to even come up with the motivation to escape, then "No". And for those people that lack the desire to change, I don't believe they deserve to change.

27 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

The costumes from the first Daily Dash will not be within the new continuous Daily Dash.

Yeah... it's his fault for not making his question more specific... it was really "Will there be any costumes in the new continuous daily dash, and if yes, can we receive multiple copies of that costume from the daily dash?". I for one would love for more than one of my alts to have access to their own copy of the daily dash costumes, but I won't blame you if you can't/won't tell us that. Already pretty grateful that you guys are replying; thanks.

EDIT: nevermind, saw the daily dash for myself now that servers are up (no costumes, so question's now moot)

2 minutes ago, SFrame said:

Watch that video I edited into my previous post if you have some time.

But yes. :P
I don't have enough information about the child and his family to work with to provide a solution for his predicament, but if you assume that he has the mental faculties and the motivation to use those mental faculties, my answer will always be "Yes - he can change his life."

'Course, if he's too mentally damaged to even come up with the motivation to escape, then "No". And for those people that lack the desire to change, I don't believe they deserve to change.

Yeah... it's his fault for not making his question more specific... it was really "Will there be any costumes in the new continuous daily dash, and if yes, can we receive multiple copies of that costume from the daily dash". I for one would love for more than one of my alts to have access to the costumes, but I won't blame you if you can't/won't tell us that. Already pretty grateful that you guys are replying; thanks.

Mental faculties aren't the problem in that case. It is physical. If you can't even move by yourself, not much you can do.

Archived