Forums

NCSoft, this is not how you should treat your legit customers

Draka

While I agree with some of the people here that NCSoft has severe problems with frauds and "high risks", I have to disagree on their methods of handling the billing issue. It's not that it's restrictive, it's chaotic and the way they evaluate what is a risk and what is not is clearly not working as intended. My guess is that I'm blacklisted because I bought a lot of NCoins in short transactions (i.e. buying a lot of times 4000 NCoins and couple of times 8000). But when a customer contacts you all it takes is to check not my billing history but my in game purchase history which is available even for the players themselves. And a process of simple 1st grade math "Oh, look, that guy bought 40,000 NCoins and spend 38,000 of them on fancy costumes and has 2,000 left, seems legit" is all it takes to verify that the player is actually legitimate. It's not rocket science. But I guess it's far easier to let some *cricket* poor written application to decide that because you're lazy and incompetent. "AHA! This guy bought NCoins 10 times in 10 days! Clearly FRAUD! HIGH RISK! BLOCK HIM, BLOCK, BLOCK, BAN, BAN, BAN!!1". I mean, c'mon. That's just lazy and obviously creates far more problems than it solves. And I'm not even talking about protecting someone's credit card here. They don't have my credit card info since I'm obviously buying with PayPal. What exactly are they protecting other than their own incompetence?

As a former customer service rep myself I can tell you that when it comes to possible CC fraud they are allowed BY LAW to tell you nothing that's it nothing. That rep for NCSoft was just doing his job and from what I could read he was doing a right and proper job too. Yeah I can see why you wouldn't agree but they do not have a choice it's the law.

12 minutes ago, azurie said:

As a former customer service rep myself I can tell you that when it comes to possible CC fraud they are allowed BY LAW to tell you nothing that's it nothing. That rep for NCSoft was just doing his job and from what I could read he was doing a right and proper job too. Yeah I can see why you wouldn't agree but they do not have a choice it's the law.

It's also the job of customer service reps to know which issues should be escalated and sent up the chain for a more hands-on approach.

So far, I haven't seen NCSoft Support move beyond the typical low level copy-paste statements.

There is also no way to circumvent the broken aspect of the system except by possibly getting the attention of someone on social media right now.

The fact that it is safer to buy Ncoin through a 3rd party seller instead of going directly to NCSoft and risking your account banned without recourse shows how absurd this situation is.

I don't think this is a customer service issue (as abysmal as they are) but rather of the payment processor, since they are ones flagging the "fraudulent" payments. NCSoft really needs to sort this out as they are practically banning those who are willing to pay money. Pretty sure that people are less likely to buy with the way they are being treated as of right now.

Used my mastercard credit card on 2 different accounts to make a total of 4 purchases. One on someone else's account and three so far on my account. 

The first and second time purchase on my account via my card was literally instant, just refreshed page and ncoins were there.

The 3rd purchase on my account and the first purchase on the other account took 5min and 5hrs respectively. 

So random lol.

I totally agree that their customer support are bunch of incompetent morons. As I read forum threads here and on bladeandsouldojo I kinda think that they actually work together with the goldspammers, maybe even give away your account info to them. After I made a purchase to buy me some bags and to buy char slots, my other account was blocked. It seems it was hacked. I made a ticket, and their response is complete shit. They obviously dont even read my emails I've sent to them. And finally they terminated my account. I will post entire corespondence in another thread so you can see what a bunch of idiots they are.

Well, a little update. I finally managed to get a response from someone who was actually helpful and the solution worked and I was able to purchase NCoins. I'll share it, hopefully it will help other people too.

Looking over your purchase attempts, it appears that there may be a setting in your Internet browser or computer that is blocking features of our website that are used to evaluate purchase attempts.

For reference I'm using Chrome 64 bit version current build 49.0.2623.47 beta-m. My other browser is the 64 bit version of Firefox - Waterfox, current build 43.0.4. Both browsers didn't work and return error 5300 during the payment check.

So I tried with 32 bit Internet Explorer 11 and it worked, I was able to purchase NCoins. My guess is it's an issue with 64 bit browsers and/or blocking Javascript.

Now I'm not saying that I'm happy, since like I said I'm working as a network security engineer and as such I'm paranoid when it comes to security. You can imagine the "horror" of doing banking through the absolutely insecure garbage IE... Especially when I didn't have this problem just 3 days ago. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Hope that helps other people with the same issue. Back to Mushin Tower...

Yeah same problem same copy/paste response.

Untitled_1.png

Dunno why ncsoft even keeps support section up if it can't do anything about any problems (had to deal with nc support in past while playing l2- still haven't changed a bit it seems). They pretty much just can say "Oh thats bad. We sorry about your frustration but we can't help you. You on your own buddy." When you get angry- they call "manager" and he is like " OH that's terrible. We have no methods to help you"

Feels like you would be talking to guys like in this gif.

tumblr_mzayvoCWgk1r4gei2o8_400.gif

On 2/10/2016 at 6:20 AM, SciFiGuy said:

It's also the job of customer service reps to know which issues should be escalated and sent up the chain for a more hands-on approach.

So far, I haven't seen NCSoft Support move beyond the typical low level copy-paste statements.

There is also no way to circumvent the broken aspect of the system except by possibly getting the attention of someone on social media right now.

True they likely did escalate the issue but that's done without informing the affected individual federal law mandates that the individual is to be kept in the dark till a resolution is found. Once again their hands are fully tied by laws mandating their actions.

On 2/10/2016 at 6:20 AM, SciFiGuy said:

Is customer service really this bad..??

• Hime locked this topic

Archived