Forums

UnBalanced Classes

GreatSmile

1 hour ago, Grevier said:

- - -

Have you people ever played ONE SINGLE RPG game that had a balanced PvP? At all? Even those focused around PvP itself are not balanced.

Its useless to complain... its useless to defend... the moment you enter the PvP world of a game, you either follow the path of the strongest class or tryhard with the sucking one.

- - -

I did m8, however that's very old MMO, and also the only one for me that deserves the "RPG" part of the genre name... Because there was actually a roleplaying in that game, at least to a degree PC game can support.

It was Ultima online, PvP was only about player skill and tactical ideas, equipment had minimal impact on the outcome, mainly because you could lost it if you got beaten, so ppl weren't wearing the BIS equipment to do PvP....

1 hour ago, Silmaria said:

So, tell me how to get sin out of stealth when it attacks me from behind all the time? I have lv 45 BM and FM and done almost a hundreds 1 vs 1 and over 50 tag match here.

Seriously, Spinning Destroyer can even stun and reflect my FM attack, in a combo, it could take half of my hp in a tag match.

You say a lot, but offer details very little. Remind me of politicians.

I'm a BM aswell. Assassin is a favoured matchup, but it's by no means as bad as people make it out to be.

Learn to know when to block and not, cancelling body swap is very important.
Check your debuffs. The butterflies make it so you can't block and that they can port behind you, SS this.
Five point strike is strong when you see them block, instead of going stealth you will continue chasing them and knock them out of stealth.
Kick into their woodblock for a free stun.

1 hour ago, animekitty said:

issue is with destroyers,this is a basically skill based game where you have to be facing the direction of the enemy to do good damage, destroyers get a free pass from that and do just as much damage with a spin that doesn't require any skill all you need to do is be near them which is not hard to do at all when you are immune to cc. I don't know have you are doing it but my ss doesn't have the ability to rank up to give me that speed boost you are talking about.

Uh... i don't think a TRUE skill based game would have something like permalock (FM), irrilevant block skill cooldwon so that you can block basically every second and stun as soon as you actually block ( KFM ), perma stealth ( SIN ), so i don't know why you are pointing the skill based thing out, regardless of that it's not like AOEs are not supposed to exist on a skill based game, and honestly i think AOEs are a counter ability for reacting to the swifter characters tha can just outspeed me ( turning around and hitting something would take too much time for destroyers even if we could do that since every time that happens i am stunned or dazed >.> ), and ofc we get a CC immunity skill, with all of those cc nukes that the rest of the classes are, a destroyer would just be a sandbag... but that's my opinion ( i know i am not good at playing it, but still these are my impressions ^-^ ). I have no idea about what class you are playing, but bm, kfm and destroyers have that upgrade, i am not sure about FM and SUM and SIN, but that doesn't really matter, FM just get frozen while you spin around him, Summoner gets the hell out while stealthing ( or whatever, they can get out of it ), Sin can upgrade his bomb to freeze the opponent and if i am not mistaken, i am not immune to freezing ( i mean i got frozen while spinning a couple of times so... ). Bottom line is that people that complain about Destroyers spin are just whining upon something that is not that much of threat if you would focus a bit more on what you can do to avoid it. I can already see people trying to use the last sentence for KFM and FM, well... nope ! it's not like i can really neglect your blocking ability neither your lockdown skills ( if you do get rid of a freezing or a stun, there's just another one coming right after it ) or healing ones, if you get catched you are done for ( and this is not just my impression, it's almost everyone impression >.> )

You play BM and FM. So of course you find those classes "OP". I am surprised by the amount of people saying KFM is OP, its takes some setting up before the combo can begin, not to mention the mention the hours needed to get the whole combo down to be used in pvp. All classes are OP against certain ones. 

Also why would you block against a KFM? You just give them free stuns...I mean, sure use block them they do not expect it, but using it over and over is just plain stupid.

BM can sit in a corner, block for days and then stun you. ALL THEY NEED TO DO.

LBM spin

Dest Spin

Summoner 2v1, heal and stealth

FM cant move much against them (a good fm)

Sin perma stealth (a good sin)

KFM perma stun (a very good kfm)

Each class can fight every other class and win, the problem is you need different skills. You cannot use the same skill build against every class, too bad slots are too overpriced.

Also kfm is most underpowered class, if his opponent uses the escape skill carefully and learn to dodge rather than sit and block then they have to keep trying to set up those stuns. Not to mention how hard it is to actually pull off the combo.

spinning classes just use knock-down skills on them, easy.

Summoner, try to aim before spamming your skills on the cat

sin lots of ways to get them out of stealth

Fm, idk...use those purge immobility skills

BM, all they do is block and wait, in hope you will attack them and get stunned. Time to use the pierce defence/anti block skills.

All of these need different skill builds against, you cant have one pvp build to rule them all. Either change before the battle starts, or buy those skill slots. 

BM say summoners (every class except summoner says they are OP), KFM, LBM and Dest are "OP"

LBM say dest, simmoners and sins are "OP"

Dest says KFM , summoner and FM are "OP"

Summoners say idk...Sin maybe?

FM say summoners, Dest, Bm and LBM are "OP"

Sin says dest, lbm and summoner "OP"

KFM says everyone except LBM is "OP"

These saying above are by the not so skilled players. A skilled player knows what skills to use to counter others.

2 hours ago, animekitty said:

Spin to me always seems to being doing 5% health every tick of the spin, the cc combo hurts worse but the spin can very easily kill people by itself. Blade dancer spin on the other hand does at best 1% damage a tick and has shorter range. 

The 'red' spin does decent damage, but costs resources, has a lengthy CD, and most common specs reduce speed by 30%. In other words, just kite it. The 'blue' spin is mainly defensive, increases movement speed/resists, no CD, costs resources, and kinda used like a backup gap closer.

4 hours ago, Silmaria said:

So, tell me how to get sin out of stealth when it attacks me from behind all the time? I have lv 45 BM and FM and done almost a hundreds 1 vs 1 and over 50 tag match here.

Seriously, Spinning Destroyer can even stun and reflect my FM attack, in a combo, it could take half of my hp in a tag match.

You say a lot, but offer details very little. Remind me of politicians.

As a FM myself all i can say about sins, it is probably the easiest class to handle, by a mile. FM has quite a few skills at their disposal to get sin out of stealth. Backstep, TAB AoE (heatwave), Frost Nova on 3 is very useful against sins, has a long cooldown as trade off, so use it wisely. And ofcourse if they port behind you, my all time favorite, 2 Dragon Charm, dazes the enemy on hit. Once they are behind you just pan the camera and hit 2, 90% of the time sins are dazed and open for counter attack. And ofcourse 1 is foolproof way to get them out of stealth, it is especially useful if you managed to land one or two hits with Frost Palm.

Destroyers are tricky, depends mostly on the one you face. Heatwave is youre best friend, on bright side combat against them is usually slow paced, so your skills will have time to cooldown. The bane of my existence are still summoners. Even when i beat the damn cat, i usually am left with 1/3 HP in best case, and they have no trouble picking me apart....I think Summoners are the hardest class to deal with on FM.

Update on the destroyer spin damage. Found a level 43 that was kind enough to test it on me yesterday, I have full moonwater set. Did 60% of my hp, even if you take into account that you wont be stupid enough to take all of that damage you will probably still be dealt a good 20-30% unless you have some amazing distance abilities like force master and I believe assassins.

Just now, Schuldig said:

The only problem is Summoner tbh, everything else takes skill compared to that crap.

The side to that is it is in the difficulty levels too ..

summoner= easy so they are doing things way too easy .. easy rotations and easy win..

I bet nothing will be done about any of this until it is obvious a problem that BREAKS the game

On 2/10/2016 at 1:37 AM, Altros said:

I don't think that people realize that we are going through every patch that KR went through in order.  We are currently where KR BnS was just a few months after launch (several years ago).  This includes class balancing.  If we were at the same class balance patch, as I've seen some people claim we are, we wouldn't be getting skill adjustments in the patch hitting on the 10th.

Trouble knocking sins out of stealth is an excellent example of this.  Currently, sins receive a massive boost to their evasion stat while in stealth.  This gets nerf'd (removed iirc).

NA/EU is being expressed through the patches.  If we aren't then we wouldn't be able to attempt to be competitive at the world championship because we'd be in a completely different meta.  However, NCSoft doesn't want to just suddenly drop 50 on us.  There is a very large difficulty increase between 45 and 50 because 50 was dropped on KR back when people had had ample time to farm true pirate gear.  Imagine being dropped into the latest level 50 end-game when the majority of players are still stuck saving up to evolve to awakened/true siren.  No thank you.

Class balancing will happen.  Wait until we've caught up to KR to complain about class balancing.  The order of class balancing is set in stone until then anyway.

We are getting the latest patch balance 3.0. The problem is it is not designed at for lv 45 as I said it many times.

Now all those who argued that PvP is balanced at lv 45 would sound really stupid now with the new patch. Seriously, they tried so hard to tell people "Shut up, learn to play the game".

I'll bump my other topic as well, look at those people tried to hard to tell me I am a "toxic" to community.

• 1 month later...

Archived