How do you set a profile portrait(WITH YOUR OWN PICTURE)?

SirValic

Referring to in game, but I know how to take a normal picture and set it, I just see a bunch of people who put animated gifs or their own screenshot as their photo. Even just generic pictures.. how can I set my own image in there? I took some nice screenshots in wispwater spring and I'd like to set them as my portrait instead of the bland one the game defaults to. Do I have to save it to a specific file path or something?

And on an unrelated note.. wtf is with this game's censoring? I know you can turn off the profanity filter but said so is blocked as s*** *o while damn isn't even censored rofl. Cuz aids is totally a bad word I guess... Confuses a lot of new players, especially if they dunno if there's an option to disable that crap lol.

Hey, Valic!

I was struggling with the same thoughts the other day. I did some research and I finally did that too. If you're using Windows, there's a "BNS" folder in the "images/pictures" folder (can't tell how the name is in the english version). There you put your jpg/png pics and then you can select it in-game. Be aware that the size is limited: 414x678, so tweak your pic a little so it doesn't look awkward after that, as the game auto-adjust the size when it's imported in your character's window.

2 minutes ago, finkployd said:

I just googled 'custom blade and soul profile pic' and like 20 links popped up. First one was spot on. 

I do that normally for anything else but it's always outdated or misleading info from the other forum... My bad.

3 minutes ago, Rief said:

This. You;re in correct path.

Get to My picture>BnS>CharacterShot

http://na-bns.ncsoft.com/ingame/bs/character/profile?c=Jaegerhime%20Alkyriosi

Thought so, ty :p.

1 minute ago, Lucille said:

Hey, Valic!

I was struggling with the same thoughts the other day. I did some research and I finally did that too. If you're using Windows, there's a "BNS" folder in the "images/pictures" folder (can't tell how the name is in the english version). There you put your jpg/png pics and then you can select it in-game. Be aware that the size is limited: 414x678, so tweak your pic a little so it doesn't look awkward after that, as the game auto-adjust the size when it's imported in your character's window.

That was gonna be my next question, I'm sure the portrait doesn't account for a full scale image, ty :p.

2 hours ago, Lucille said:

Hey, Valic!

Your name looks familiar btw... I feel like I chatted with you in game or saw you farming pinchy today or something lol. Also...

n2qXj.jpg

It fits perfectly <3

Archived