Bunny hoping in arenas will generate a lag in YOUR favor

XER0SIGHT

7 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

Making claims but proving nothing.  At least try to explain something.  Or prove something.  Or, I don't know.  Something.

Fair enough old chum, since BNS is a port of Korea's version, bugs and exploits found during it's initial release in Korea remains and still is very active in the North American and European ports of today.

Here's a forum post from 3 years ago: http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/20590-jump-exploit/

In my day job, I do localization work and I know how these process work. You start with the origin, in this case BNS-Korea, and run it through the appropriate channels to get this suitible for release to different cultures (NA and EU). One thing that is not localized is the source code. 

If a company wants to alter the code they can do so however, again, it's only to alter character models so that they don't offend different cultures.

Bugs and exploits and left alone until they can localize the patch to suit the cultures they're localizing too.

18 minutes ago, Fyk0 said:

I don't get it, as someone said in dojo " Not sure how this is an exploit. That's like saying jumping/crouching in a FPS game is an exploit because you're trying to stop the guy from shooting you.  "

In an FPS it isn't an exploit because you're manually targeting your weapon - an enemy jumping/crouching is just moving their hitbox (something that happens alot in FPS games),and you have the tools at your disposal to counter it (in fact, it's a huge part of the game).

It strikes me as a possible exploit in *this game* because, as people are mentioning, bunny hopping is causing issues with targeting and skills hitting - this is not intended. Jump is not intended to provide iframes or targeting benefits, and more importantly there's nothing your opponent can do to "counter" it - it's not as if being a more skilled player allows me to better target a bunny hopping target, or better predict where the game determines they will land when I stun them mid bunny-hop (yes, you can usually determine where they *should* land, but ultimately the game engine decides).

Archived