Everyone who has arena lag in EU

Planetus

Post your ISP and country here, It's better to do this so NCSoft can be sent concise information instead of trying to shout as loud as we can then waiting for them to notice us.

I'll start -

ISP: Virgin Media
Country/City: Manchester, United Kingdom
Problem: 20-40ms in PVE, shoots to a consistent 350 in PVP arena without fail.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ISP: Kabel Deutschland
Country/City :Berlin, Germany

Open world: 20-50ms
Dungeons/Arena: 150-250ms

@Planetus I doubt very much this has to do with the ISPs as the routing is the exact same in OW and Arena and I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't have this issue when they actually take the time to check what their ping is.

ISP: Kabel Deutschland
Country/City : Kempten, Germany

Open world: 20-50ms
Arena: 90 - 200ms

Isnt this game going serious Esports soon??!

How they plan to do this with the Arena lagging like this??!!

Just to give an example:  I stun with my FM a Frozen target-> I  often dont even have the Time to press Leftclick + X(Inferno/Fireball) cuz of lag before the Stun ends...

Literally everyone in my guild whos playing arena is complaining about lag...

ISP: Netia SA
Country/City: Rzeszów, Poland
Open world: 40-60 ms
Arena: 200-300 ms

Also, the same thing seems to be happening in cross-server dungeons, which makes sense as Arena is cross-server aswell. On top of that, I noticed a packet loss while in Arena.

Gonna bump this for you guys, but this is not solely a EU thing. This "Arena" lag is affecting NA as well (because it affects me), arena is the only place I ever see lag in this game.

I live in Alabama (not that far from Texas where NA servers are) and my normal ping is 70, well my ping is always 70 UNLESS I queue for arena (then rip, welcome to the 200 club).

@Nyaha if you want to check your ingame ping you can use taskmanager (its not 100% accurate).
1. open task-manager with Strg+Alt+Entf(delete)
2. click on performance
3. open resource monitor

4. click on network

5. select Client.exe in process with network activity
6. look into TCP-connection

7. read the latency from port 10100

you will see there is a big diffrence between pve and arena.

well it's still the same, more than double the latency than in open world after patch. Whatever system NCsoft are using I doubt they are going to change it anytime soon. Time to quit pvp and stop spending money on this game I think.

38 minutes ago, Raidann said:

well it's still the same, more than double the latency than in open world after patch. Whatever system NCsoft are using I doubt they are going to change it anytime soon. Time to quit pvp and stop spending money on this game I think.

Open World has doubled for me as well.

Ugh...

Hey guys, check the IP's you're connecting to, from what I could see for me and my friends, we were connecting to or through NA servers all the time (we are from Europe, France). No ISP will give you that shit of a service unless... you connect halfway across the Globe.

I've stop inquiring and asking around to the few network tech people I know (simply because it's unplayable for me so I uninstalled BnS) but that's a lead that hasn't been followed to the end, well... it has but with no answer from NCWest... we are going nowhere... unfortunately.

Only thing we know for sure is that some instances of the Game are globally hosted in Austin even for Eu players (AH,Char infos etc...) so I wouldn't be surprised PvP is the same (NC is known for F*$%ing games up).

Peace guys, hope it will get fixed.

Archived