Why does it cost money to pick up rewards in daily quests?

butchsgirl

When I did my daily quest I noticed I was charged 13 copper.  So, when I did the next one I watched to see when I spent that money. It comes right after I receive my reward. It tells you to accept the reward or lose it before you leave the dungeon.  But to do this costs money? That doesn't seem right.

If you choose to have it sent directly to you rather than running back to the npc to turn it in, it costs a certain % of the amount given from the quest. There are many with the issue (including me) where it's not showing the percentage cost for having it sent directly. This fee is normal for all versions if I recall correctly.

the only thing you have to recieve before leaving the dungeon is the reward boxwhich should not cost money i will have to look today when i do my runs.  The daily quest tho if you choose to not go to the npc to turn it in does cost some copper.  And the dungeon daily quest giver is just outside the dungeon when you use the portal thing at the end so just wait and turn in there

1 minute ago, butchsgirl said:

Thank you for the clarification. I was told I had to receive both the box and the letter before leaving the dungeon.

If yer talking about the popup window at the end of a dungeon, that only applies to Dynamic Quest (the dungeon box). 

2 hours ago, Shauneh said:

If you choose to have it sent directly to you rather than running back to the npc to turn it in, it costs a certain % of the amount given from the quest. There are many with the issue (including me) where it's not showing the percentage cost for having it sent directly. This fee is normal for all versions if I recall correctly.

It is not percent-based. I have seen a quest cost 41c to claim yet it awarded only 31c (though there were valor stones, but still the money is in the red).

Archived