Sign in to follow this  
Frostfire2k

Summoners are BROKEN

Recommended Posts

As right now summoners are completely broken as they are the most viable class for nearly every single aspect of the entire game.

 

1: Longest and most forgiving "counter" mechanic 

 

2: Offers the best in-class AOE in both healing DPS and CC

 

3: Strong, if not the best lockdown mechanic with the cat tackle ability. Even better than destroyers in this regard

 

4: Best tanking ability. Yea the cat can tank terrors, even blackwrym

 

5: Tanky- and considering the cat is essentially "the other half" Imagine if you could heal up for 30,000 hp in just 4 seconds. Wait, summoners do that wtf?

 

6. Best escape capabilities, EXTREMELY reliable dps while escaping as well thanks to the cat

 

7. Cat un-intentionally ruins combo's by "getting in the way" 

 

 

Ive never played a game where the summoner aka necromancer aka beastmaster aka overlord had a spawn of incredible strength yet also possessed incredible, if not even better strengths themselves. 

 

PSA: Anyone who gives two dimes about open world PVP is rolling a summoner, everyone else should either be a destroyer or find another game THE END. 

Edited by Frostfire2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Frostfire2k said:

4: Best tanking ability. Yea the cat can tank terrors, even blackwrym

 

This is highly advised against. This is what is known as 'zerging' blackwyrm and turns a 17-20 minute fight into a 35-40 minute fight because Blackwyrm's attack pattern isn't getting reset. This means he'll poison blast melees/ranged and roar unpredictably. In fact on any server with a tank, they absolutely hate summoners who spec taunt on their Q for BW fights.

 

Cat taunting BW = your BW now takes 2x as long to kill and gets your melees killed constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hurk   
2 minutes ago, LyricalPanda said:

 

This is highly advised against. This is what is known as 'zerging' blackwyrm and turns a 17-20 minute fight into a 35-40 minute fight because Blackwyrm's attack pattern isn't getting reset. This means he'll poison blast melees/ranged and roar unpredictably. In fact on any server with a tank, they absolutely hate summoners who spec taunt on their Q for BW fights.

 

Cat taunting BW = your BW now takes 2x as long to kill and gets your melees killed constantly.

As long as summoners get their box why would they care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frostfire2k said:

As right now summoners are completely broken as they are the most viable class for nearly every single aspect of the entire game.

 

1: Longest and most forgiving "counter" mechanic 

 

2: Offers the best in-class AOE in both healing DPS and CC

 

3: Strong, if not the best lockdown mechanic with the cat tackle ability. Even better than destroyers in this regard

 

4: Best tanking ability. Yea the cat can tank terrors, even blackwrym

 

5: Tanky- and considering the cat is essentially "the other half" Imagine if you could heal up for 30,000 hp in just 4 seconds. Wait, summoners do that wtf?

 

6. Best escape capabilities, EXTREMELY reliable dps while escaping as well thanks to the cat

 

7. Cat un-intentionally ruins combo's by "getting in the way" 

 

 

Ive never played a game where the summoner aka necromancer aka beastmaster aka overlord had a spawn of incredible strength yet also possessed incredible, if not even better strengths themselves. 

 

PSA: Anyone who gives two dimes about open world PVP is rolling a summoner, everyone else should either be a destroyer or find another game THE END. 

I said during CBT that the summoner seemed a little over the top compared to many other classes BUT they aren't unbeatable just a little extreme ..

 

As the only class WITH a heal of any sort it makes them a pain . Like a paladin in other games the idea of giving a heavy armor class the ability to self heal causes balance issues .. the summoner has a built in tank with decent damage and you can heal it as well as self heal while doing damage WITH the heal..

 

NOT sure IF this can be fixed though without breaking the summoner class altogether though (I am not really playing one and only got to 20th level and kind of gave up as it felt too easy,, and I like the kung fu option EVEN if the KFM is kind of on the lower end of the class scale)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   

And here we have yet another special snowflake who had to make a whine thread of their very own because they got rolled by a class they couldn't be bothered to spend 5 minutes looking into.

 

If a summoner is a noob stomper, and you are stomped by a summoner... That makes you a...?

 

Get good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aevri   

People not going to complaint about Warlock are they? As heard it does more DPS than a summoner and can heals like one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hwannn   
1 minute ago, Aevri said:

People not going to complaint about Warlock are they? As heard it does more DPS than a summoner and can heals like one.


What are you talking about ? people gonna complain about everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aevri   
Just now, Hwannn said:


What are you talking about ? people gonna complain about everything

Just trying to have faith in humanity. But what is obvious is obvious..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got two chars... BM and summoner on separate accounts, I get my misty woods daily with my 8yr old daughter playing the summoner easily..

even the kill 10 enemy players everyday... just roaming around,, YES a kid can play and WIN with a summoner button mashing..

 

P.S. I hooked the PC with a controller for easier use. Added filters and hides chat to and keep hoping no one swears while playing..

 

this just shows how easy to play summoner is but not OP just EASY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

And here we have yet another special snowflake who had to make a whine thread of their very own because they got rolled by a class they couldn't be bothered to spend 5 minutes looking into.

 

If a summoner is a noob stomper, and you are stomped by a summoner... That makes you a...?

 

Get good.

this 

 

4 minutes ago, Aevri said:

People not going to complaint about Warlock are they? As heard it does more DPS than a summoner and can heals like one.

this 

 

2 minutes ago, Hwannn said:


What are you talking about ? people gonna complain about everything

this

 

2 minutes ago, Hwannn said:


What are you talking about ? people gonna complain about everything

and this are all pointless .. 

 

They don't ADD to a discussion all they do is turn people away.. 

 

IF you can't come out with constructive information and JUST want to be rude and troll I think you need to rethink your lives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryrich   
2 minutes ago, Aevri said:

Just trying to have faith in humanity. But what is obvious is obvious..

 

I mean, just for the record, the forums are an outlet for people to vent usually. So majority of what you see is going to be complaints, confusion, and QQ. When have you seen someone genuinely happy post a topic like "Blade and Soul is amazing and completely well-balanced" lol.

 

That said, OP, they'll be constantly updating the game and adjusting class skills/features (they recently did for the 2/10 patch) - also, to really understand summoner, you should play as one and figure out their weaknesses. I play as a KFM so my goto is rapid DPS the cat (with HP regen on certain skills), which will offset the damage the summoner is dishing to me, than stunlock summoner into a combo. Sounds easier than it looks, I know, but keep practicing. There's a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to see people jump out from nowhere talking about SUMMONER IS OP! IS BROKEN!

I used to argue with them and point out the mistake they made because they had 0 knowledge with summoner,

but now I find it pointless.

So all I can say is, IF YOU THINK SUMMONER IS OP GO PLAY ONE

(and then you will realize.... hehe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hwannn   
11 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

 

They don't ADD to a discussion all they do is turn people away.. 

 

IF you can't come out with constructive information and JUST want to be rude and troll I think you need to rethink your lives


People turned away by just reading the OP comment, why ? mmmm let me make this straight.. there are 20000 other topics whining centered on the matter

You want constructive informations ? about what ?? you have already all the informations that you need 

You have burst class ? perfect destroye the cat -> turn on the summoner *summoner will have half of his potential*
You have a ranged class ? focus the summoner -> be aware of the position of the cat -> profit
You have an assassin ? sorry wait till further updates

EDIT: 
Also rude and troll ?i was none of them with my commet... sorry but i dont need to rethink about my life ... if have to rethink about something that would be my time used to answer this

Edited by Hwannn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lalapyu   
36 minutes ago, LyricalPanda said:

 

This is highly advised against. This is what is known as 'zerging' blackwyrm and turns a 17-20 minute fight into a 35-40 minute fight because Blackwyrm's attack pattern isn't getting reset. This means he'll poison blast melees/ranged and roar unpredictably. In fact on any server with a tank, they absolutely hate summoners who spec taunt on their Q for BW fights.

 

Cat taunting BW = your BW now takes 2x as long to kill and gets your melees killed constantly.

I'm a summoner, how do I prevent my cat from taunting ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lalapyu said:

I'm a summoner, how do I prevent my cat from taunting ?

 

It only taunts if you spec the skill for it. If you dont it should not pull aggro. The tank would have to suck hard if a non-taunting cat gets his aggro from him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katanaK   

My main is a summoner and my alt is a kfm. I can tank 4-man Poharan using my kfm, so I think I am qualified to saying this, summoner isn't a tank. Bad summoner can mess up everything. Plus, summoner doesn't have the best aoe, bm/destroyer does. A summoner who really knows how to play summoner doesn't consider being a visible person in the team, they support the party from behind. I myself use taunt when 1.tank is in critical condition, 2. I am dying. 

 

We can cc monsters is mostly because we are ranged class. And probably most people hate summoner so they are asking us to do the job. But, before you ordered us to cc, did you even consider what our duty in the party is. We can help you dodge some damage you are about to take, but my hands are busy because I am cc-ing the tigers. I am not saying summoner shouldn't take the job but please, don't demand us to do something that all ranged class can do. 

 

Other than these, idk why most people said summoner has the best atk...I was like wtf... 

Summoner is probably the easiest class to play among all the others but it is the least rewarding when you get familiar with this game. Check the professional player's video and you know what I mean.

 

 

Sorry for the wrong spelling, was using phone to typing the whole thing :P

 

 

Edited by katanaK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aevri   
20 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

They don't ADD to a discussion all they do is turn people away.. 

 

IF you can't come out with constructive information and JUST want to be rude and troll I think you need to rethink your lives

Sorry there's no real discussion to begin here with except whine, if you fail kicking summoners than you need to get gud, so what is there more to say? Nerf them so you can beat them? Again sorry there's no "easy mode" in mmorpg, just sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teliks   
56 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

I got two chars... BM and summoner on separate accounts, I get my misty woods daily with my 8yr old daughter playing the summoner easily..

even the kill 10 enemy players everyday... just roaming around,, YES a kid can play and WIN with a summoner button mashing..

 

P.S. I hooked the PC with a controller for easier use. Added filters and hides chat to and keep hoping no one swears while playing..

 

this just shows how easy to play summoner is but not OP just EASY

Summoner playing in a party is clearly have it easy compared to other class, especially if they don't spec on their summoner potential damage and focus on their cat support instead, they wouldn't pull aggro and can let the cat or others do the tanking. I played summoners and I would agree that it is much easier for beginners to play summoners as it is more forgiving of mistakes, as summoner you have a dispensable second health bar in your hand. It does not mean its op, I agree. If you've played summoner and other classes far and go into pvp you'd realize that this class has poor defense and counter mechanism against other players and only has one possible burst method to turn the tables in combat, which relies heavily on your opponent mistakes or ignorance. That's why summoners are some kind of litmus test in the arena.

 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”  - Sun Tzu

 

1 hour ago, Aevri said:

People not going to complaint about Warlock are they? As heard it does more DPS than a summoner and can heals like one.

Oh sure they will, even if they were post nerf. Most of their skills have life steal and recovery if spec in right direction, I played warlock before the nerf in TW and to compare their heal with summoner is ridiculous. It is like comparing a blood sucking vampire with a leech. To put into comparison, summoner only got 1 AoE lifesteal skills and people already crying, lol. They would be a great asset for a party though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinlaire   
1 hour ago, Hurk said:

As long as summoners get their box why would they care?

I actually got a player Banned in CBT for doing that shit.

 

He was taunting blackwyrm and laughing his ass off in region chat about how much everyone was dying just because of one cat. I sent in a ticket with a screen shot of his logs and for the last two weeks of the CBT he was never seen again.

 

Dont troll Blackwyrm. or bad things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tal72   
1 hour ago, katanaK said:

Plus, summoner doesn't have the best aoe, bm/disorder does.

 

Disorder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zarec   

I can honestly say I am happy that all balance patches will be coming only from the official korean server.  Keeps from people who whine about classes as much as the people on these forums from affecting the play of the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this